Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Resident Evil gets lost in a nightmare.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

Edited By bonbolapti

I was Playing this with my friend, and I actually almost was a Jill sandwich.

When the DLC worth a damn pops it's head up for Resident Evil 5, it's time to get excited! Chris and Jill are BSAA intact and got a tip on a Spencer mansion. So they scope out Ole Ozwell to ask him the important questions like "Why is Wesker such a tool?"  

It's great for a lot of reasons, it's designed to be farmiliar territory. But it doesn't really jump out at me as a flat out fan service. The idea behind going to the masion and looking at things inside it should be a wet dream. But, It's not so much "This is so exciting that I'm seeing these things." more "I'm expecting things to happen." This is just the way these mansions are built, since the canon of the first game. (It's the REmake, but that's pretty much the canon to follow.) 

It's farmiliar territory with farmiliar people, doing farmiliar things. Jill is the master of lock picking sure, but it's a skill she has, so she's going to fucking apply herself. (It would have been hillarious if Chris showed Jill how well he's brushed up on his piano playing skills.)

I did however, find the camera angle thing rediculously fanboyish. 

The senario itself is rather short, but it's neat to play. If not for the reason of being in the mansion, halfway through the game makes you play in a way that I've never expected. 

I've given Resident Evil 5 a lot of flak, because the story suffers from being a one-dimensional roller coaster. Chris Redfield was worried so much more about Jill than the task at hand. Luckly Jill is with him in this so he doesn't have anything to worry about. As lame as RE5 was, it's never gotten in the way of the gameplay for me. If you're a fan of Resident evil, then I don't see why you can't play this. It's also a good reason to get hype for the Next scenario "Josh and Jill down a Majini Hill".

Plus Merch mode is always cool, especially now that it has more Barry. I just think it's a little pointless to seperate it from the mode that's already there.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By bonbolapti

When the DLC worth a damn pops it's head up for Resident Evil 5, it's time to get excited! Chris and Jill are BSAA intact and got a tip on a Spencer mansion. So they scope out Ole Ozwell to ask him the important questions like "Why is Wesker such a tool?"  

It's great for a lot of reasons, it's designed to be farmiliar territory. But it doesn't really jump out at me as a flat out fan service. The idea behind going to the masion and looking at things inside it should be a wet dream. But, It's not so much "This is so exciting that I'm seeing these things." more "I'm expecting things to happen." This is just the way these mansions are built, since the canon of the first game. (It's the REmake, but that's pretty much the canon to follow.) 

It's farmiliar territory with farmiliar people, doing farmiliar things. Jill is the master of lock picking sure, but it's a skill she has, so she's going to fucking apply herself. (It would have been hillarious if Chris showed Jill how well he's brushed up on his piano playing skills.)

I did however, find the camera angle thing rediculously fanboyish. 

The senario itself is rather short, but it's neat to play. If not for the reason of being in the mansion, halfway through the game makes you play in a way that I've never expected. 

I've given Resident Evil 5 a lot of flak, because the story suffers from being a one-dimensional roller coaster. Chris Redfield was worried so much more about Jill than the task at hand. Luckly Jill is with him in this so he doesn't have anything to worry about. As lame as RE5 was, it's never gotten in the way of the gameplay for me. If you're a fan of Resident evil, then I don't see why you can't play this. It's also a good reason to get hype for the Next scenario "Josh and Jill down a Majini Hill".

Plus Merch mode is always cool, especially now that it has more Barry. I just think it's a little pointless to seperate it from the mode that's already there.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By emkeighcameron

Sounds interesting, I envy all of you who GET to play it (I'm stuck with the PC version which doesn't have the DLC to my knowledge). It'd be cool to get this throwback look at the older RE settings using RE5 tech.

It's "canon", btw.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Yeah you would of thought Chris would of taken piano lessons between then and the original RE, especially with how necessary such skills have proven for Mansion prowling.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @bonbolapti said:

" I did however, find the camera angle thing rediculously fanboyish. "

wtf?
    bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bonbolapti

classic camera isn't bad.. it was awesome :D
    Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Cybexx

I just played through it once and partway through again as Jill and I was surprised by what they changed for the Jill Single-player play through. I mean it is not earth shattering, but I wasn't really expecting any differences except seeing what Jill saw when they split it. There is a bunch of new dialog, a simple mini-game for playing the Moonlight Sonata and after the Moonlight Sonata bit I was attacked by one of the new monsters which was really surprising considering you don't get attacked by anything in the mansion section with Chris. 

I figured they would play around with that second-play through concept some more and have actual dogs jump through the windows, but alas that wasn't the case. Quite a cool bit of nostalgic DLC at the right price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.