Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Should Capcom Make an RE5 EXPANSION ??!!

CallsignHUSKER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CallsignHUSKER

Does Resident Evil 5 need an expansion??

WHY !! Has no one suggested a merchant !!!

There are going to be tons of extra exchange points for the people who continue playing versus and mercs. I have unlocked everything and already have 200,000 points that can't be spent!

Metal gear online has a shop, why can't this game....??

Seriously, a shop would be a great way to work in the merchant from re4! Capcom could even require some items to become available only through real $$$ so they could squeeze more money out of us. I would be fine with this.

Honestly, we're going to need something to spend our hard earned points on... this seems to be a major long-term oversight!

Also, I would like to see a seperate ways campaign that follows Jill and Chris cooperatively through some old-school zombie action through haunted houses, castles and mansions!

The other thing I would like to see is a siege mode as outlined by conceptualgamer in his blog. In this mode players would work together as one team of 4 to fortify and hold a house or another area like the leon and luis holdout in re4. Shelves can be put in front of windows, doors could be locked etc.. and kills unlock weapons for purchase during gameplay to compensate for tougher and tougher waves of zombies !!

What do you think !!

-Callsign

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ShadowKiller

I would definitely spend 100,000 points just to hear "HEY STRANGER WHAT ARE YA SELLIN?!" every time I go to the shop.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss

I'm indifferent to the whole merchant thing, but I don't think I could stand to see another game leech off of Gears 2's "Horde mode" idea.

CallsignHUSKER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CallsignHUSKER

Re4 did the cabin hold out stuff in the cabin in re4 before Gears was ever around...   that's not original to Gears, sorry.....

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShadowKiller
    End_Boss said:
    "I'm indifferent to the whole merchant thing, but I don't think I could stand to see another game leech off of Gears 2's "Horde mode" idea."
    Yeah that is actually the first thing that came to my mind after giving it a read through. It's already being called a Gears clone so that would make it worse.
    CallsignHUSKER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CallsignHUSKER

How could re5 be a gears clone lol... it barely uses cover... and Gears copied re4.. not the other way around lol

R U SERIOUS?

supersatanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By supersatanic
    End_Boss said:
    "I'm indifferent to the whole merchant thing, but I don't think I could stand to see another game leech off of Gears 2's "Horde mode" idea."
    I think Mercenaries is basically Horde mode, just with a time limit.  They should put something in like a 'separate ways' type mode featuring a brand new story featuring wesker and how he got uroboros and met excella etc. etc.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

No.....

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By c1337us

I wouldnt mind playing something shortish from that Joshua guys point of view.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Red

No. Not at all.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24

I don't like the Nazi Zombies/Horde ripoff idea, but a merchant would be a cool bonus, I must admit. I don't see it happening, however, as he would have to be inserted in the game world, unless you just want his voice at the menus? I would much rather have a physical character to walk up to a la RE4 than that.

ShiroMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShiroMe

No thanks. I don't like Capcoms dick in my ass.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By thiago
    CallsignHUSKER said:
    "How could re5 be a gears clone lol... it barely uses cover... and Gears copied re4.. not the other way around lolR U SERIOUS?"

The only thing that RE4 and Gears have in common is the 3rd person perspective. NOTHING MORE.

RE5 ripped off Gears in many ways. First, RE5 is an action shooter, they added cover and weapons like the Hammer of Dawn. RE5 is an action game, inspired by Gears itself, and not a Resident Evil game. The coop is another thing they copied, etc. Coop doesn't even make sense in the Resident Evil story, it serves only to kill the atmosphere. And it was so lousily implemented that the single player campaign is atrocious.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

thiago said:
    "CallsignHUSKER said:
    "How could re5 be a gears clone lol... it barely uses cover... and Gears copied re4.. not the other way around lolR U SERIOUS?"

The only thing that RE4 and Gears have in common is the 3rd person perspective. NOTHING MORE.RE5 ripped off Gears in many ways. First, RE5 is an action shooter, they added cover and weapons like the Hammer of Dawn. RE5 is an action game, inspired by Gears itself, and not a Resident Evil game. The coop is another thing they copied, etc. Coop doesn't even make sense in the Resident Evil story, it serves only to kill the atmosphere. And it was so lousily implemented that the single player campaign is atrocious."
    Enough, man. We get it. You didn't like the fucking game.

On Topic: Horde is basically a time-limitless revision of Resident Evil 4's Mercenaries Mode. And with the inclusion of cooperative play, Mercenaries is now about as accessible as Horde, so there's no need for a Resident Evil "Horde". It's just redundant.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a new campaign and/or new weapons. Mostly, I'd like to see some different skins for use in the campaign. Leon, maybe. Or even *gasp* Hunk. 
    NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By NickM

I would easily pay 1,200 Microsoft Points for the Merchant, at least the voice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NickM said:
    "I would easily pay 1,200 Microsoft Points for the Merchant, at least the voice."
    "Ah! I'll buy it at a high price!"
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#17  Edited By Icemael

No, what Capcom needs to do is a sequel. One that has smooth controls, is actually scary, and doesn't have a mentally handicapped AI partner.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NickM
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "NickM said:
    "I would easily pay 1,200 Microsoft Points for the Merchant, at least the voice."
    "Ah! I'll buy it at a high price!""
    If the Xbox actually said "He He He. Thank you." when I buy it on the Marketplace, I would just go outside and shoot myself in the head, because life wouldn't be able to offer much more after that.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By JJOR64

Just put the RE4 Merchant into Street Fighter 4 and that game will be god.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NickM said:
    "Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "NickM said:
    If the Xbox actually said "He He He. Thank you." when I buy it on the Marketplace, I would just go outside and shoot myself in the head, because life wouldn't be able to offer much more after that."
    Do you remember what he said when you bought the Broken Butterfly? It was like the only weapon for which he had special commentary.

"It's not just about shootin'. It's about reloadin'."
    Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Vonocourt
    thiago said:
    Coop doesn't even make sense in the Resident Evil story
    Wait...what?

And I would buy a seperate ways/assignment ada type of DLC...but that's it.
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I'd buy it if they fixed the inventory and gave me a full map screen. And the merchant of course.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NickM
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "NickM said:
    "Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "NickM said:
    If the Xbox actually said "He He He. Thank you." when I buy it on the Marketplace, I would just go outside and shoot myself in the head, because life wouldn't be able to offer much more after that."
    Do you remember what he said when you bought the Broken Butterfly? It was like the only weapon for which he had special commentary."It's not just about shootin'. It's about reloadin'.""
    I seem to recall it. I just usually got the butterfly in-game instead of buying it. Should check it out.

Also, a little off-topic, but here is a totally kick ass description of the merchant on Encyclopedia Dramatica:

The Merchant: The best character in the game. The Merchant is an exhibitionist who follows Leon around to sell him shit. Some people maintain that he is actually just a down syndrome time traveler with snappy dress sense. For some reason, he carries FUCKING ROCKET LAUNCHERS around with him, but won't sell you any of the bullets he repeatedly shows you in his coat and stands. Famous quotes include, "WHAT'RE YA SELLIN'?", "WHAT'RE YA BUYIN'?" and "NOT ENOUGH CASH, STRANGER!" He also flashes Leon everytime you see him for the first time in an area. It's quite annoying, because to buy stuff you have to close your eyes, open up his jacket, and hope you don't grab his dick while buying weapons.
    BloodCurse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By BloodCurse

Yeah, a separate ways type mini-game with Jill would be cool.

More characters for Mercenaries too.  I'd like to seem them get crazy.  Capcom's got so many damn franchises, why not throw Dante or Ryu, or better yet Mega Man in there.  Zombie dogs got nothing on Rush.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#25  Edited By ArbitraryWater

A separate ways type thing or new mercenaries characters would be good DLC. Unlike Versus Mode.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jakob187

I would rather have Capcom make a new Maximo game.

Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Scieran
    @CallsignHUSKER: The reason why they can't or won't make an expansion is because the game's epilogue doesn't require the player to kill anything. Besides that, there's just too many black people thus, not worth the effort. I'm not racist by the way, just a figure of speech because it's true.. the game has alot of black people to kill :)
    Definition of black people:
    People with a skin colour of black.
    - completely and absolutely not racist.
    AzureSupernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AzureSupernova
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    "I'd buy it if they fixed the inventory and gave me a full map screen. And the merchant of course."

Whats wrong with the inventory and map systems? They work fine as elements in the game, more so a real-time inventory to add pressure to the player. There's nothing wrong with them.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#29  Edited By Yummylee

If it features Barry to rescue Jill from the bulging grip of Chris then i sure as hell would pay for that :P

Buuut yeah, on a slightly more serious note, a side story expansion featurin just wtf josh was doing would be fuckin sugary XD

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By Jeust

I don't believe we're ever gonna see that... best to wait for a better resident evil game, probably 6, if there is ever going to be one. 

One with a better implemented single player campaign. 
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#31  Edited By Icemael

If they fix the controls, the god-awful inventory system and remove Sheva(Seriously, all she's good for is dying, so why not remove her permanently and let me shoot zombies in peace?), I'm all for it.

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#32  Edited By joey

musdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By musdy

Maybe a mercs mode with 4 people???

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@AzureSupernova: I didn't like them; they were flaws in an otherwise pretty good game. I don't mind realtime inventories but 9 slots is not nearly enough and requires too much juggling around. They should have combined ammo with weapons or made inventory expansions available in the store so players had room for stuff. I didn't even mention how half-complete hitting restart to access your inventory feels. I like the game but these are things that oughtta be fixed in an expansion IMHO.
    AzureSupernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AzureSupernova

If we do see another expansion no doubt it will be filled with fail =\

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.