Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Split Screen...

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Barrock

Is there a fix for the split screen on HDTV problem? I just tried the game and it only uses a portion of the screen, the rest is a black bar. I read switching to a lower resolution was the only fix at the time but did anyone figure anything else out?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm pretty sure you can't change it. Apparently it's not the only game to do this either.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nukesniper

Switching to a lower resolution does "fix" the black bar issue, however, if you are playing at 1080p or so, lowering the resolution wouldn't technically help you much. 

I played that whole game split screen, but I did sit a bit closer to my TV and eventually, it just felt like a smaller single screen. 

To directly answer your question. No, I don't think there is a way to get rid of that little black space in those corners of your screen, hell, I can't even verify that putting your system at 480p would get rid of it. 

Just note that lowering the resolution in order to see more is counter-intuitive, as you may really see less with the lower resolution, you will just see more of that less defined picture.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No option to change this. 

Modern Warfare 2 uses this method. It's really jarring at first, but my buddy and I got used to it rather quickly.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nukesniper
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " I'm pretty sure you can't change it. Apparently it's not the only game to do this either. "
    @Sir_Ragnarok said:
    " No option to change this.   Modern Warfare 2 uses this method. It's really jarring at first, but my buddy and I got used to it rather quickly. "
    Yup. Modern Warfare 2 does totally do it. Doesn't World at War have it too? 

I kinda wish you could put a bit of map or something in that black area though, might as well use it I say.
    triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By triple07

Not that I know of and there are a number of games that do this. Annoying but I suppose it is better than no splitscreen at all.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By sickVisionz

You get used to it pretty quick.

AngelKore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By AngelKore

It's used to keep the proper ratio for both screens, so that neither hinder the game experience. Somebody else also pointed out that MW2 does it as well.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @Barrock said:
    " Is there a fix for the split screen on HDTV problem? I just tried the game and it only uses a portion of the screen, the rest is a black bar. I read switching to a lower resolution was the only fix at the time but did anyone figure anything else out? "
    There's no fix, that's how the game is.
    laalipop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By laalipop

Better to have a smaller full screen than what borderlands forces you into....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.