Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

The Game Isn't That Bad....

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

I beat it on the first two difficulties.

Unlocked strongest mangum with unlimited, rocket unlimted, and hydra unlimited.  Playing on Veteran right now...there's a lot to do in this game for extras and I haven't touched Mercs yet.

It's a solid 5 stars...there's a lot of shit to do, and I'm almost positive I'll be playing it on Professional...and then I'll play Mercs.  I take back saying it was shit compared to RE4...it's decent compared to it.  Still think RE4 is better.  :P

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

What do you mean not that bad? It's an amazing game. It's just one of those games that people unfortunately think its cool and like to complain about.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss

You're right, it isn't that bad. I feel people are being too hard on it, but that happens so often with these highly anticipated titles. Is it a five star? Not in this man's opinion. I would give it a respectable 3 1/2.

figmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By figmo
    the lots to do isn't impressive, not one bit.  if anything re 5 feels cheap and it's still linear in play and concepts.
    daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By daz0608

I think the game is great

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

i'll play it if you give to me for free. or you can mail me a $60 check, that works fine too.

sgt_match

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By sgt_match

The demo blew.  But it truthfully shouldn't be the reason you don't buy the game.

If you dug Res 4, there is no good reason you shouldn't dig this. Is it linear? yeah. so what? so was dead space and nobody complained. The gameplay hasn't advanced much, but neither have most franchises.  IT AINT BROKE.

Gamezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Gamezilla

I in know way think RE5 is a 5 star, but I do see it as an awesome 4 or 4 1/2 star game. Its a great game with some awesome gameplay and game modes. People are being hard on it because it was way too hyped to begin with and because its a Resident Evil game. I also think a lot of people are bitter because they were so spoiled by RE4. So many people went into this game looking for something brand new, and they just didn't get it. However, what they did get was a great game built off of RE4's wonderful gameplay.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

Yeah, it is awesome. I am glad of the final result, even if it isn't as great as RE4, but still, how can you even reach that level in a sequel?

shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By shimbibby

I am quite surprised by how much I like the game. I tried playing RE4 a few months ago and just couldnt do it, and I also did not like the RE5 demo.I gave it a shot based on reviews, and its super engaging. I actually really enjoy the shooting and gameplay mechanics; its so unlike any other game that its almost like a breath of fresh air. Although ive only played 2 hours, I definitely recommed this game.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Gmanall

I waited a long time for that game and then it needs shader model 3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.