Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

What do you all think about the controls/RE4 remake likeness

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

RE4 was my favorite game from last generation, but I kinda wish RE5 did a little more to evolve to formula with some faster pased action. I can't put my fingure on it, but from what I've played the game seems dated. Although if the market guy (what are ya' buyin?) is in it, then this wins game of the year hands down. So what do you all think? You can't argue this isn' a revisite to what RE4 did, but is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By maxszy

I am really liking it. Yeah, it for sure is a revisit to RE4 controls, but I don't think we should of expected much different. Its a game that is going to please a lot of people who played a lot of RE4.

Sure perhaps they could have incorporated something like "being able to shoot while slowly walking" or something a bit more advanced per say, but they did what they did in RE4. It worked then and I think sometimes its best not to screw with a tried and true formula.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By TheHBK

Yeah, it feels like a good game, but it feels old.  They really took a leap forward in RE4, but even then it was antique.  I am disappointed.  I mean, why would you ever have to press A to run when you have an analog stick?  this walk run scheme was made for the Playstation when the controller didnt have analog sticks and they havent changed it since.  the first time one could walk or run by pressing the analog stick differently?  Super Mario 64.  This should not be in a game anymore, Controls have evolved.  I know its not going to be Gears of War, but you can't make the game harder by making me press more buttons or making shooting slower.  too much tradition with this game.

Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Dauragon

I'm not a big fan of the "shooter" controls. They felt kind of tacked on. Like Capcom caved at the last minute and was like "FINE! LOOK YOU CAN AIM WITH THE FUCKING RIGHT ANALOG STICK! THATS WHAT YOU 'MERICANS WANT, RIGHT?"

I switched it to the RE4 control scheme the second time I played though and it felt so much better.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By EpicSteve

I also feel like the game is adnormally difficult. One again, I don't know if that's due to the controls or what. I played co-op with a buddy of mine, and we had a pretty difficult time. Oh well, still totally getting this one. lol

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pause422

I'm definitely renting it cuz I'm a sucker for co-op games I can play with friends, and I know some fun will come out of that regardless. After Dead Space, though, it just feels dated now. I've done this before and liked it for the time, and I've done this before with Dead Space, and liked it a ton more. Now its like going backwards again.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

I feel that the controls get the job done for what the game is (Resident Evil) but could be more evolved to match today's standards. Nonetheless, RE4 is my favorite game ever and if I tolerated the control scheme then, I will now.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By fenixrevolution

Judging only from the demo, I like the controls for the fact that they're just like RE 4, which was pretty easy to get down. My only gripe is that the characters feel really sluggish.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.