Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

A newcomer to the series contemplating buying the anthology....

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I have always want to play Resident Evil before but I, for whatever reason, never have. Is the Resident Evil 6 anthology worth the ninety dollars, even though the bulk of that cost is probably going toward the supposedly lackluster Resident Evil 6? Also, is this version of the game of a limited run or will it be around for a while on the Playstation 3?

To be clear, the games that come with the package include:

1. Resident Evil Director's Cut

2. Resident Evil 2

3. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

4. Resident Evil 4 HD

5. Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

6. Resident Evil 6

As a follow-up question, should I pursue Code Veronica if I do get the Anthology? Or, alternatively, should I skip it altogether?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By napalm

You should probably order it in the next week or so on the PlayStation 3 if you want it. The Xbox 360 version already sold out, and it's $90 on Amazon right meow.

As for the games, I mean, it's every game that really matters, (not sure if some would replace the original game with the GameCube remake or not), but the price tag seems a bit steep. I know you can get most of the big ones in the HD re-release, which seems like a better and cheaper deal. But if you really want to go through, or at least try, all of the games, then the Anthology makes the most sense if you don't want to hunt and dig for past systems to play the older games on.

EDIT: On second thought, you should probably get that. It has Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition. I forgot about that. You're getting a ton of amazing content.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

It's a pity that you're going to have to miss out on the remake and RE0, but otherwise I think you're good to go. Just... go in the pre-RE4 games with the right expectations. And as an FYI, since I imagine you'll most likely only play each of them once (well, the older ones anywhoo) play as Jill Valentine in Resident Evil (her variation of the game is significantly easier and more accessible; plus, Barry Burton) and for Resident Evil 2, play as Claire Redfield first then go straight into Leon Kennedy's B scenario, because that's the canon telling of the game.

Also don't worry about Veronica X. You're not missing out on all that much, though it is the direct sequel to Resident Evil 2 and its story is pretty decent. But I'm sure you're not going to need to invest every little piece of fiction the series offers so it's a safe skip.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Genkkaku

It depends, Veronica is defiantly not the strongest in the series but as a retrospective a good last look at that style of game..

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By handlas

RE2 is the best so it will be downhill from there! ....haha

RE 1 Remake is superb. I'd go out of my way to play that if I could. I bought a Gamecube with RE1 and Zero just for the heck of nostalgia. Still lovin both those games.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

I'm not sure about the rest of the series but RE4 and 5 are worth a whole lot more than I paid for them each. They're both fantastic games. I played the demo of 6 and... ugh. For me, 6 would be a bonus and the main package would be RE1-5.

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RAMBO604

That Anthology pack is a steal on PS3. Can't believe they're asking the same price for the 360 version, though it is getting Code Veronica X but still missing the original 3 sucks.

I've heard its just RE6 with a stack of download codes though? If I was buying a true "anthology" collection I would prefer it to be a nice box set.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@RAMBO604 said:

I've heard its just RE6 with a stack of download codes though? If I was buying a true "anthology" collection I would prefer it to be a nice box set.

It is only download codes for all of the games besides RE 6, unfortunately. As long as I'm getting the games though, I guess it's pretty much the same thing.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DoctorDanger99

yeah go for it. hell of a deal

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

That's a great deal. I hear supplies are going quickly, though.

The RE-make and Resident Evil 0 are both fan favorites, but having the core of the series is a good start.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

You should absolutely get that. The original Resident Evil is probably good for a laugh now a days. I think everyone should at least try Resident Evil 4, even in 2012 it is an excellent game.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By Sooperspy

That's an amazing deal. The core of the series has always been great. Even though I hear 6 is not too good, its a great deal no matter what

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WarlordPayne

As others have said it's a pretty good deal so if you're really interested in the series then go for it.

As for Code Veronica, I would tell you not to play that game even if it did come in the anthology. It's the only one of the core series that I absolutely hated.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#14  Edited By ArbitraryWater

That's a pretty great deal, actually. Sure, you're missing out on REmake, Zero and Code Veronica, but all three of those can be found for semi cheap if you know where to look (also I really don't like Code Veronica, so I wouldn't recommend you purchase that game anyways). Obviously, it helps to set your expectations playing the old games, but if you are able to finish one of them you can finish all of them.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Hunter5024

Bear in mind that I think the games are just download codes in case that affects your decision. I am contemplating picking this up as well, though I don't think I'll have the money for it anytime soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.