Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

I am loving this game.

• 107 results
    pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pompouspizza

I have always been a fan of the series but it never got serious until RE4, I enjoyed 5 a lot and granted I have only played a few hours of 6, I am enjoying it much more than 5. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm not here to say anyone is wrong for disliking it, but so far I don't understand a lot of the criticisms. I think the shooting feels great (after I changed to the laser pointer and slowed down the camera movement), I think the enemies blow apart really nice and react well to your shots, and much to my surprise I think the mele works great. I also think the game looks fantastic. I have only played parts of Leon's campaign so I hope it doesn't fall apart but I am loving it, the only complaint I really have so far is the overuse of quick time events.

Thoughts?

RubberFactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RubberFactory

How's the framerate. That was my biggest problem with the demo, the framerate combined with the tightness of the camera was super disorienting.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pompouspizza

@RubberFactory: I'm playing on ps3 and I haven't noticed any framerate dips.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By colourful_hippie

OK.

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RAMBO604

The hate is blown way out of proportion. It is surprisingly very good. RE5 is what I consider to be the worst in the core series and 6 is way more enjoyable. It has the best shooting of the franchise, the melee and the dodge mechanics are great.

RE6 has a few big issues though. The new health system is utter balls, the camera is too close but I felt it was too close in 4/5 though. The checkpoints have no rhyme or reason as to where they go off and resuming a campaign is rolling the dice to where you'll leave off, either the last checkpoint you got or 20 minutes back who knows why.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ghost_cat

The majority is always right, and you disgust me.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By shiftymagician

There's a guy I know that loves ET for the Atari 2600. Anything is possible.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@pompouspizza: man forget everybody else,if you like the game than thats great! but i love you anyways because of your avatar.

RubberFactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RubberFactory

@pompouspizza: Cool, good to hear.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Klei

Careful TC, the hate bandwagon is coming your way to remember you that your opinion is wrong.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By laserbolts

It gives me a little hope reading this. It's hard to take the plunge and spend 60 on this game after reading all the negativity around it but I will definitely pick it up when it's cheaper.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Phatmac

Cool. I'm still not going to play it unless it's cheap or I rent it.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By DoctorWelch

Yeah, this whole thing is actually making RE 6 the most exciting game that has come out so far. I just want to play it to see where I fall.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Animasta

@Klei said:

Careful TC, the hate bandwagon is coming your way to remember you that your opinion is wrong.

now you're just acting like like the worst RE fanboy

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By BrittonPeele

Leon's campaign is OK, if often boring (it's very linear, and there's a total of maybe two or three puzzles throughout the entire thing). It has moments of severe frustration, and the last boss is horrible (all four times or so you fight him), but it's tolerable.

The other campaigns are worse. And I don't mean that to say, "Ha! You wasted your money! The game sucks!" I hope you enjoy it more than I did. But man... there are a lot of problems.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Barrock

@laserbolts said:

It gives me a little hope reading this. It's hard to take the plunge and spend 60 on this game after reading all the negativity around it but I will definitely pick it up when it's cheaper.

Redbox has it, if you have those around you.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing wrong with that.  Ohhh thats good that they let you change to the laser pointer because I couldnt stand those sights.  Hows the damage to every shot?  After watching the Quick Look it seemed like the bullets were really expendable and I honestly liked making every shot count

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By TheHT

More power to ya, duder. Play what you enjoy.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kishinfoulux

@Animasta said:

@Klei said:

He's not wrong though.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Animasta

@kishinfoulux said:

@Animasta said:

@Klei said:

He's not wrong though.

no one has so far so no he isn't.

I am no stranger in finding enjoyment of bad games and pretending they aren't so bad (I really liked DA2) so whatevs.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#21  Edited By ArbitraryWater

And that's fine. You should be able to play what you like.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Morrow

What makes a game good or bad is the opinion you have about it. If you like it, don't let other people spoil it. I also like some games other people hate on, as well as I don't like some of the most popular games.

That people use their overblown egos to tear media like games, movies or music apart is idiotic. It's the bad side of the internet.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Animasta: actually if you take it by metacritic it is a "mixed" game my good sir

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bell_End

@ShiftyMagician said:

There's a guy I know that loves ET for the Atari 2600. Anything is possible.

some people eat shit. but its still shit

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Quarters

@RAMBO604 said:

The hate is blown way out of proportion. It is surprisingly very good. RE5 is what I consider to be the worst in the core series and 6 is way more enjoyable. It has the best shooting of the franchise, the melee and the dodge mechanics are great.

RE6 has a few big issues though. The new health system is utter balls, the camera is too close but I felt it was too close in 4/5 though. The checkpoints have no rhyme or reason as to where they go off and resuming a campaign is rolling the dice to where you'll leave off, either the last checkpoint you got or 20 minutes back who knows why.

Just as a tip, when the game says "Checkpoint", that isn't the save point. It saves your game when it says "Saving" and has the little typewriter next to it. Basically how it worked in RE5. Took me a second to realize that.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zaccheus

@Quarters said:

@RAMBO604 said:

Just as a tip, when the game says "Checkpoint", that isn't the save point. It saves your game when it says "Saving" and has the little typewriter next to it. Basically how it worked in RE5. Took me a second to realize that.

I haven't played the game and I probably never will, but this is pretty interesting to me. Why is there a distinction between a checkpoint and a "savepoint"? That seems really weird.

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RAMBO604

@Quarters said:

@RAMBO604 said:

But the thing is that actually is not how it works 100% of the time. I have on multiple occasions stopped playing when the typewriter "saving" icon pops up then went back and had to replay 15-20 minutes of game to get back to where I was then other times be right where I left off. It's erratic as to what constitutes a definitive save point.

For instance I stopped playing one time at the big fight in the cathedral right after I got a saving message. Went back to it a few hours later expecting to be right at that encounter and I was back at the beginning of that entire section after you walk into the cathedral.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mtcantor

I have a good friend that also loves terrible games. You two would get along.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@DoctorWelch said:

Yeah, this whole thing is actually making RE 6 the most exciting game that has come out so far. I just want to play it to see where I fall.

I with ya. I want to play Resident Evil 6 more than ever after hearing all the hate it gets. I have to know.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Quarters

@RAMBO604: Weird. Maybe it is a glitch then. Either that, or it was after you died and it popped up the saving showing that it was saving skill points and such. What system are you playing on?

Yeah, must be a Japanese thing. Like I said, RE5 is pretty much the same way, didn't understand it much then either. Usually, you hit the save point after a loading screen into a new area. Tends to be when it pops up the most.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#31  Edited By KowalskiManDown

It's a decent enough game, sure it's not GOTY, but it really isn't worthy of all the hate it's got.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Grillbar

if you like it then good.

im wondering if there's a different in the frame rate issues between xbox and ps3 since it looks like most reviews and other stuff has been on the xbox or you just dont notice it as much

in any case im picking up this game at some point but most likely not before its close to free since right now i have so many other games to play and there is no reason to buy it at full price considering all the problems i have heard

but i still hope that i am so wrong since it really love the re series

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jace

@Animasta said:

@Klei said:

He was doing that way before now.

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RAMBO604

@Quarters: 360, and after playing the game more that is how it is every time I back out. I wait until it says saving but still wind up losing at least 10 minutes of progress every time. I'm now only quitting at either major location changes which is where it seems to pick up from or after chapters.

I really don't think its a glitch, I think you just resume at the beginning of an area when you load not where it actually says saving. Perhaps you're picking better places to back out from than I am. I wish they would have delineated each chapter into 1-1, 1-2, and so on like in 4 and 5 then save afterward. As much as I think that brings the pacing to a screeching halt when games use actual levels these days at least that is a clear indication of progress and stopping points.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Klei

@Jace said:

@Animasta said:

@Klei said:

Way before as in yesterday afternoon in one of the most popular threads of the day created by myself to try and chill people out into remembering that hey, people are never happy and complain all the time? Man, you're a bright light for humanity. Great understanding right there.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lukeweizer

Congrats, Klei. You made one of the most popular threads of the day by sounding like a whiner because you like a game that some critics don't.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Stop making RE6 threads!

@Klei said:

@Jace said:

@Animasta said:

@Klei said:

Way before as in yesterday afternoon in one of the most popular threads of the day created by myself to try and chill people out into remembering that hey, people bitch all the time? Man, you're a bright light for humanity.

Yeah, I bet that was the sole reason for making it.

MURDERSMASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MURDERSMASH

@TheHT said:

More power to ya, duder. Play what you enjoy.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Klei

@Lukeweizer said:

Congrats, Klei. You made one of the most popular threads of the day by sounding like a whiner because you like a game that some critics don't.

If explaining facts is whining to you, then seriously dude, it's your problem. You clearly don't get it. Anyways, it's cool. I'm not edgy unlike some people here.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jace

@Klei said:

@Jace said:

@Animasta said:

@Klei said:

Way before as in yesterday afternoon in one of the most popular threads of the day created by myself to try and chill people out into remembering that hey, people are never happy and complain all the time? Man, you're a bright light for humanity. Great understanding right there.

"Let me use semantics to sidestep the point."

@Klei said:

@Lukeweizer said:

If explaining facts is whining to you, then seriously dude, it's your problem. You clearly don't get it. Anyways, it's cool. I'm not edgy unlike some people here.

Facts? BAHAHA, And I quote from your other thread, "Name this game like, '' Resident Evil Dead Zone '' and dude, people would love it. Brand it 6, and DAMNNNNN."

Mmm I can taste those facts just rolling on in. I love those sensible, unbiased, and glorious facts all over your thread.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Quarters

@RAMBO604: I've been playing PS3(which also doesn't seem to have the frame rate issues that Brad was furious about in the QL), but maybe it is as simple as that. We have been stopping at pretty definite location changes, and we've never lost any progress. I agree, the 1-1, 1-2 system would've been nice. I think it actually still does a variation of it, just a little weirder. When you load your game, I think that location it gives you right above the difficulty(I think) might be the same thing in essence. Unfortunately, don't know of any way to check that in the middle of the game, so it doesn't help a ton.

JBrighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JBrighty

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

Nothing wrong with that. Ohhh thats good that they let you change to the laser pointer because I couldnt stand those sights. Hows the damage to every shot? After watching the Quick Look it seemed like the bullets were really expendable and I honestly liked making every shot count

i agree, those laser sights... i prefer no crosshairs and laser tbh, more accurate

where you shoot matters for sure, on regular zombies you can practically shoot anywhere on the body but thats awaste of ammo, on J'avos thats another story ; for example if you shoot an arm it will mutate into a shield or a scythe, if you shoot two arms it will have both or something like that, so aimin for the head can be a life saver. protip : always shoot what looks human(oid)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#43  Edited By musubi

So I just beat Chris' chapter 4 and man I'm more confused then ever (in a good way) I mean

Ada Wong is dead and at the same time Leon and Helena kill Simmons on the train so I'm not sure where this is all going at the end. Also they have to explain Ada coming out of that cocoon thing right? Fuuuu! Answers I need them!

Honestly, I'm really loving the story. Objectively I can see a few things really wrong with the game mostly in the fact that they don't explain hardly anything which sucks. But outside of the lack of direction which is a problem across the board in the game I really think this is the best Resident Evil in a while.

Also, anyone have tips for Mercs? I'll prob play that whenever I get done with campaign but my best so far was with Leon at 39k which only got me a bronze. =( How do you unlock any more levels?

Lastly, I think review incoming soon. Not going to pull the trigger on that though until I finish Ada's stuff in the 4th campaign so I can take everything in as a whole. I hope to fully expand on my feelings on this in that.

Camosid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Camosid

The only complaint I don't get is the aiming. It feels pretty solid to me, I haven't had any issues so far. It has terrible instructions that don't explain a majority of the games intersting mechanics and the QTE's are annoying. I really hate the flying zombies that tackle you, but other than that I have been enjoying the game. I still don't think it's really a great game, I just like it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#45  Edited By musubi

@Camosid: Quickshot will take care of the leaping zombies. Knocks em' out of the air.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By mesoian

@pompouspizza said:

I have always been a fan of the series but it never got serious until RE4, I enjoyed 5 a lot and granted I have only played a few hours of 6, I am enjoying it much more than 5. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm not here to say anyone is wrong for disliking it, but so far I don't understand a lot of the criticisms. I think the shooting feels great (after I changed to the laser pointer and slowed down the camera movement), I think the enemies blow apart really nice and react well to your shots, and much to my surprise I think the mele works great. I also think the game looks fantastic. I have only played parts of Leon's campaign so I hope it doesn't fall apart but I am loving it, the only complaint I really have so far is the overuse of quick time events.

Thoughts?

It sounds like you're more of a fan of this shift that Capcom wants to make with the RE series. The most vocal people about why this game is such a disappointment are people who are fans of the original series.

And there's nothing wrong with that. I think the biggest shocker to people who liked the later numbered series is how much of a step backwards the gameplay is compared to RE5.

Camosid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Camosid

@Demoskinos: The whole game reminds me of RE3 in more ways than just what Ryan was saying on the Bombcast. RE3 was an ok RE game that added Dodging, Exploding Barrels, and Ammo crafting. I feel the same way about RE3 it adds a bunch of wierd mechanics and kinda makes the normal play feel off. RE3 felt different to me than playing 1 or 2 while RE6 feels different than 4 or 5. I am sure the game will sell well, and hopefully the critical reaction will make Capcom rethink what they need to do with Resident Evil. I would love to see a total revamp of the series.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By huntad

I'm probably gonna give it a try. I prefer playing games for myself before reading reviews and buying into them (and then spreading the hate daily). Glad you're enjoying the game.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Demoskinos curious to see if Ada's campaign gives you some answers, I beat Leon and Chris's second chapter and the parts with her really raise some questions...
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#50  Edited By Yummylee

@Sackmanjones: It does, and there's also a lot of history within those unlockable files. It's insane how much is in there in fact; so many intriguing story threads completely omitted from the main story. The least they could have done is put the files in the game itself to find, not in the ''Special Features'' section. Also, while you clearly must have missed it, but CAPCOM actually spoiled the big twist before its release... I won't say how, but I already knew what was going on before I even played the game thanks to that bullshit move by CAPCOM.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.