Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

I'm not sure if anyone cares, but I wanted to point one thing out

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

Sorry, I couldn't add a period there. Anyways, coming up mid-December they're going to have an update that let's the player not only play on a harder difficulty and have Ada's campaign be co-op, but it'll have an option to adjust the camera view as well. I just wanted to point this out in case anyone cared. The thing I wanted to say was about the camera view. Here's a photo.

If you can't see the image above, here it is in link form:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/224498_493597150661177_567400294_n.jpg

Hopefully this isn't considered spam, or if it is, hopefully it'll at least stay on the site for you to see. I don't know about you, but I like more options. I never really had that big of a problem with the camera view in the first place, but I still really like this. I've already stated my opinion of the other two things that's coming in the update elsewhere, and it's not really relevant. So is anyone going to try this out, or is the camera not the issue for you?

Edit - I forgot to mention, the subtitle options will be improved so that the English audio can be combined with alternate languages. At first I thought that, that doesn't really affect me, but I may have to try that out. And Ada's co-op partner will be a generic soldier, for better or worse (I say worse).

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By murisan

Whoa, that's pretty nice. I was having fun with the game playin through Leon's campaign, but not enough to keep it, so I returned the rental copy I'd acquired. Might give it another shot once this viewpoint thing gets put in.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bane122

The camera was an issue but not a big one. The game had so many problems that it would have to address from the ground up that it would need a whole new release ala Final Fantasy XIV to get me to take another look at it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

@Bane122: I don't think it had that many issues. If it had a lot, to me, they were minor and hardly detrimental to my experience. I think it's something personal, not factually errors.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By AuthenticM

What was wrong with the camera and what is Capcom changing with the patch ?

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By M_Shini

Finished it so i don't really need to play it again, but hay its cool that its there cuz that camera did bug me a bunch of times.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

@AuthenticM: I stated above what they're changing.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By triple07

Wow that was my biggest problem with the demo. Maybe I'll give it a try after the patch.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

@M_Shini: I finished it with each character twice, but I'll probably still try it. Ha ha.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM

@triple07: Alright, I'm off to take a shower, but I wanted to say, if you haven't played the game because of the demo, that's somewhat of a mistake. If you were at all excited for the game, you should have played it without a doubt. Most people say the demo isn't indicative of the final game; personally I think it kinda is, but whatever. I still think if you wanted to play it and haven't, you should.

Furthermore, is "kinda" a word that's kind of shortened? It corrected me when I wanted to say kind of. Maybe I should have said sort of.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Raven10

So they increased the field of view? I think the camera issues extended beyond the low field of view based on my time with the demo.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

That's still only one out of a hundred problems that they're potentially remedying. They'd basically have to start again from the ground up for me to ever change my stance on the game. Good on them for actually attempting to fix pieces of what was wrong with the game, though. I'd have figured after the overall reception they'd just pack their bags and try to brush RE6 under the rug.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ravenlight

That's like FOV 40 to FOV 90. What a weird thing to patch in such a drastic increase. Makes me wonder why something like FOV adjustment isn't just something that ships with all games.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AuthenticM

@NTM: What are they changing about the camera. You did not explain that. That's what I want to know.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By MistaSparkle

That's a nice adjustment. Not anything really essential, but it'll definitely make it more enjoyable. I wonder how co-op with Ada will be handled.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Yummylee

@MistaSparkle said:

That's a nice adjustment. Not anything really essential, but it'll definitely make it more enjoyable. I wonder how co-op with Ada will be handled.

It'd be hilarious if they just add in another Ada Wong... Even though I have little interest in playing through anything to do with RE6, if adding in coop means that Ada's campaign will also have AI at her side when played solo, then they're only fucking this thing up even more. The fact that they're making it playable from the very start is so bloody stupid all on its own, though.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Hizang

I think I may change the game to easy, not having much fun with it on normal. This will also help me enjoy this game, I hope its enough.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By supamon

Thank the bohemian stars for the camera patch. That was one of the annoyances I had with the demo. Really makes you wonder what Capcom was thinking shipping the game with such a minuscule FOV.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Rafaelfc

This is nice, although I think the issues with this game are largely unfixable.. the camera was definitely a source of frustration at times. Gives me incentive to go for my S-Rank out of spite.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NTM

@AuthenticM: It's on the picture. The bottom is the change, the top is the current. I didn't think I had to explain it with words, but hope that clarifies it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By monkeyking1969

It is interesting how different 3rd person games use different cameras. The big difference is that UC2 uses a more dynamic camera. When just walking around the camera makes sure you see Drakes feet. When you run you see hist feet plus about 1.5 feet behind him as Drake accelerates a bit faster then the virtual camera. When climbing the camera pulls out even more to give you situation awareness. When running and shooting it changes, when crouching it changes etc. The reason UC 2 works is that the camera is always covering Drake in a way that makes PLAYING easier. The camera in RE6 is far less dynamic in fact some of the movement is due mostly to player input while aiming. Mostly you see the character's shoulders and upper back. Sometimes you might see the characters waist, but it is rare to see more then that when moving forward, and only if you back up does the camera pull back more.

This new camera might help a little, but I think RE6 needs a smarter dynamic camera and that you cannot patch.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AuthenticM

@NTM: I don't see any pictures.

edit: that's weird. I can't see the pictures in Chrome but I can in IE. This is the first time such a thing happens to me on Giant Bomb. The pictures don't seem to have been uploaded the usual way though. I can't click on them (in IE).

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NTM

@MistaSparkle: Yeah, that's awkward, and can break the story a bit because if you even play that first, then you'll spoil some of the interesting aspects of the story, and I have no idea how they'll add another character in. If it's another Ada, that'll be absolutely preposterous.

@Hizang: Yeah, I just played it on easy first (as I do with all games) and then play it on professional if you'd like, by that time, it'd be really quite easy to play through if you purchase the correct perks with the skill points. I just do infinite ammo with whatever gun, firepower level 3, and defense level 3, and since there's about eight selections, just make it so you have something else for certain situations, like melee on Jake's campaign where you're in a white room with a bunch of guys, but even then it's not necessary.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Yummylee

Ada's coop partner has been revealed, and it's that generic BSAA soldier guy that was uncovered in the Mercs mode files soon after the game was released.

No Caption Provided
    Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By Genkkaku

@Yummylee said:

@MistaSparkle said:

It'd be hilarious if they just add in another Ada Wong... Even though I have little interest in playing through anything to do with RE6, if adding in coop means that Ada's campaign will also have AI at her side when played solo, then they're only fucking this thing up even more. The fact that they're making it playable from the very start is so bloody stupid all on its own, though.

They HAVE to add another Ada Wong.. It's already gonna be super dumb without rebuilding her entire campaign, I mean what will P2 do during the Helicopter fights?

EDIT: Didn't see this second page.. We'll that's super dumb and uninteresting..

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By GunstarRed

I'm sure the new camera will lessen the pain for some. It's really not going to make the game any better, just a tiny bit more tolerable.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By Bones8677

The biggest problem with the camera that I saw. wasn't just that it was too close, but that it's movement was nauseatingly stutery, and it would constantly bump off the in game walls.

Avatar image for live2brighteous
    Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Live2bRighteous

Everyone's hate twoards the game made it even better for me. I bought it thinking it was going to be a basic TPS with a RE theme... but hot damn, I was blown away by Leon's campaign. Not only was every single part in it entertaining, but the situations it put both co-op partners in were awesome. Like that moment where you're both sliding down on your back through this huuuge water tunnel, shooting your last bullets to keep away a giant fish from eating you. Or that time where you fend off at a gas station/gun store with a couple other survivors. Also that moment when you're both put through a huge giant puzzle challenge! Oh oh, and that time where one player holds the door back, while the other has to shoot the zombies off it. It's a small detail, but fucking awesome to see in a co-op game. Chris's and Jake's campaign had its moments too, both with an interesting story that all ties together. RE6 is like the perfect 2 player action co-op game. God, don't get me started on the 4 player story passings. When I first saw that, my brain exploded.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By musubi

@Yummylee said:

That's still only one out of a hundred problems that they're potentially remedying. They'd basically have to start again from the ground up for me to ever change my stance on the game. Good on them for actually attempting to fix pieces of what was wrong with the game, though. I'd have figured after the overall reception they'd just pack their bags and try to brush RE6 under the rug.

I think they are more worried about sales than critical reception and sales wise they did gangbusters.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By owack6

Wouldn't the game take a big frame rate hit with such a huge FOV change, especially considering the FPS was never that hot to begin with from what i saw in the quick look.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dezztroy

@Ravenlight said:

That's like FOV 40 to FOV 90. What a weird thing to patch in such a drastic increase. Makes me wonder why something like FOV adjustment isn't just something that ships with all games.

Mostly because of performance issues on consoles. Higher FOV = More stuff to render.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NTM

@Yummylee: Yeah, I was just going to mention that. That is so stupid. What the hell. They shouldn't be messing with Ada's campaign at all.

@Live2bRighteous: I really like RE6 as well.

Dragon4234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dragon4234

@Yummylee: Well that's... underwhelming and mystifying at the same time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.