Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Official Resident Evil 6 impressions thread

• 133 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By musubi

So, Leon's final boss on chapter 5 is a bastard. Fuck.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#52  Edited By Yummylee

@Genkkaku said:

@Barrock: Because would you want to be player 2 during that.. They ret-conned there own game, mid-game with no explanation..

lol I was just talking about this yesterday when I was helping a guy go through the game in coop. It reminds me of Killzone 3 in that sense; I wonder if there could even be a concept page made for such a thing.

@Genkkaku said:

Finished off Leon's and gonna jump in to Ada's later, but the more I play of this game the less I like it.. Leon's campaign takes a dip mid chapter 2 and loses most of its atmosphere and his final boss is so bad, It's tedious, annoying, and just boring.. also the story is pretty bad,The characters are not the characters I remember them, them some action movie equivelent of what there supposed to be.. Chris's boss is introduced just before you fight it, nothing leading up to it at all so his whole end is just no impact, and there's no real bad guy across the 3 campaigns.. The things I like about the RE series are semi-open areas, exploration and the tension created when your not sure whats around the next corner.. I get none of that here, but a linear action story told in 3 mediocre parts..

And yup, you're going through the exact same motions as I did I'm afraid. I was genuinely enjoying my time during the early portions of Leon's campaign, but then the more I played the more i just got fed up with it all. The complete overhaul in tone is also a major issue I have, and it's true, there's not really one key villain to it all. I suppose Simmons is the true culprit (especially once you read about his history in the files), but speaking for his campaign presence, he's one of the worst villains across the series. It's all so weirdly abstracted with an insane amount of holes left to be filled by the unlockables files.

(Not a major spoiler, but just in case. Just cluing you in about that story thing in Jake's campaign we discussed earlier.)

Also just to save you the disappointment, there's totally no sort of flashback or montage or anything that keys you in during Jake and Sherry's 6 month imprisonment across the game... They literally just left out that entire time-frame and keep it all as a blank until Jake just inexplicably decides to escape. =/
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By musubi

Just beat Leon's campaign! Loved it! I think I like all 3 campaigns for different reasons. Now on to Ada's campaign! Im still convinced im playing a different game than everyone else because everything is really hooking me.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Demoskinos great to hear! I just played co op through Jakes first chapter and so far that has been my least favorite but I wouldn't consider it bad by any means. The section near te end right after the cutscenes I thought was really cool
    Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By Genkkaku

@Yummylee: There's almost nothing left that's even Resident Evil anymore, it feels like they built the action game first then slotted in the characters then the script.. Yeah Simmons is not a great bad guy, he's barley in Jake's and not in Chris's and his motivations aren't that great.. Yeah with the files unlocked it has explained a whole lot, but I wish that was in the game and not relegated to the main menu.. They left the whole in there? I bet it's because they slotted the character crossovers in Edonia and China and needed a different reason than Post Traumatic Amnesia like Chris to bridge them.. It's lazy writing like most of the game (or just bad)..

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By musubi

Two things.

1. I just found out you can do running melee attacks. O_o
    2. Ada's campaign is really good. I really wanna go revisit some RE2 now.
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

i played the first two chapters of Leon's campaign and enjoyed it somehatt. The pacing is not great the tone is is a little over the place and the combat seems shallow. But it was alright not unplayable bad.

MySpaghet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By MySpaghet

I like it enough to continue playing so far, done with Leon's campaign and playing Chris's now as Piers, It's almost a forgone conclusion that by the end of Ada's I am going to be well and truly over RE6. My biggest disappointment so far is that all the boss fights have been absolutely abysmal.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By handlas

Well I'm liking it so far. My impressions from the demo still stand true. Camera sucks... that's about it. I've found the alternate reticle to be much more appealing even tho most comments I read about it said it was terrible. Seems like you get none of the swimmy-ness like the default where you have the 4 lines and the red dot in the center of it that bops around.

Enjoying it tho. Camera still sux and I'm having an issue of not really noticing that I'm being hurt by gunfire until I look at my health and see that I'm nearly dead and there seems to be an extreme lack of health... but I'm playing on Professional so that's probably my fault.

Fawkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By Fawkes

Thinking I might knock it down to easy for the rest of Chris just to get through it.

Solidfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Solidfox

I finished Leon's campaign earlier today with a friend. I still don't really know whether I like it or not. The silly convoluted narrative hits the right notes of being as dumb as it possibly can, so that's good. The gameplay though... It has so many moments where I'm having good ol silly fun, and others where I wanna say "Eff this game" take the disc out, and leave it forever. I've had more of the latter than anything else, but when the game gets fun, it's a lot of fun! Although I'm not fully sure yet if it's the game itself being fun, or me entertaining myself to make it fun. (I.E. purposefully not shooting anyone and hogging all the ammo or bursting in full sprint towards a big giant "don't mess with that guy" guy) So I don't really know yet. I really wanna try Chris and Jake's campaign though, so there must be SOMETHING pulling me back in.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By NTM

I got over the expectations when I was disappointed in five, and then later on started to really enjoy it. I didn't go into Resident Evil 6 expecting to love it, or hate it, I just wanted to play it and in the end, I really thought it was great. I can see both sides of the argument and take a little from each. If you go listen the GamePlay over at GameSpot, they make a lot of valid points, but then I think Shane Satterfield at Gametrailers makes valid points as well. I agree, and I disagree. I feel like if its quality was at least one step better, I would have thought it was one of the greatest games this generation, but as it stands, it has a lot of minor flaws that didn't really effect my experience much, so points off for the flaws, but a plus for really enjoying it. This game is absolutely not as bad as a lot of the negative reviews are saying. It's just too bad that it'll influence people to not want to play it when there could very well be those same people that'd really like it, or even love it.

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By Tsoglani

@jimmyfenix said:

resident evil 6 isnt perfect but it doesnt deserve this level of hate

I agree.

I am enjoying the game and have had a few "oh snap" moments and I have only played Leon's campaign so far, plus a bit of Mercenaries. I couldn't believe the reviews going around and so tried it myself and must say I don't understand what some of these "reviewers" want out of RE6. I am a long-time fan of the series, so I was bound to enjoy it, but the criticisms leveled at RE6 has dumbfounded me. It is a good game, and I have heard that Chris, Jake, and Ada's campaigns are better than Leon's, and if that is the case I can safely say that RE6 is a good game and is definitely worthy of a purchase.

Don't believe the bad hype, people, try it out for yourselves, I can nearly guarantee it is not as bad as these reviewers are making out.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#64  Edited By wwfundertaker

Ive completed the 3 campaigns and ive enjoyed the game. Most of the scripted event were terrible but the rest of the gameplay was pretty good. Some people will love the game and other will hate it but its worth a play. If Capcom do decide to make another Resident Evil game they should have a new cast, a complete reboot with a different story.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By handlas

@NTM said:

I got over the expectations when I was disappointed in five, and then later on started to really enjoy it.

I feel the same as this. My expectations for Resident Evil are already low so maybe that's why I find 6 fun. 5 felt middling to me. Like it was caught between old and new conventions. 6 is what 5 should of been. If they aren't going to retain the old survival horror flavor of the first games then I'd rather them go all out like they have done in 6.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Yummylee

@handlas said:

@NTM said:

I got over the expectations when I was disappointed in five, and then later on started to really enjoy it.

I feel the same as this. My expectations for Resident Evil are already low so maybe that's why I find 6 fun. 5 felt middling to me. Like it was caught between old and new conventions. 6 is what 5 should of been. If they aren't going to retain the old survival horror flavor of the first games then I'd rather them go all out like they have done in 6.

5 only really started to crumble during the final third when it turns into some crummy shooter. But up until then during the Kijuju Village portions and even during the swamp/caves, it was still at least somewhat recognisable as Resident Evil. Of course I'm not trying to be some sort of apologist for RE5 or anything, as that was definitely where the series began to fall onto itself for me.

And I still can't believe people are actually in favour of this direction... I mean when it came to shooters at least RE4/RE5 were different, with their slower-paced methodical feel; RE6 is instead just a mish mash of stuff they've cribbed from games like CoD and Uncharted with all of the OTT dumb set-pieces and aggressive linearity, and the set-pieces are utter crap at that.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By musubi

So I'm utterly convinced the best part of this game is the melee attacks. Like who in the hell is going to bother to take the time to drop kick a zombie? Answer:Helena

Its so great. I did manage to see the stuff brad was talking about with the microwave too. The contextual stuff is equally crazy. I swear to god though I've pushed 10 dudes over ledges and still haven't gotten an achievement. =\

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Yummylee

Haha, these fuckers are really clamping down in here...

EDIT: which was a reference to a spam bot who posted above but was deleted... Just want to clear that up.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SlightConfuse

Is there a reason that shiva was replaced by piers??

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Yummylee

@SlightConfuse said:

I guess it's meant to be implied that she's in West Africa... Though the fact that there's no mention of her whatsoever (especially considering that she was like his new partner and all) or any other B.S.A.A. soldiers was weird. Even though I kinda liked Piers, why they created yet another character for Chris to team up when he's got so many buds who could have filled the role (Jill, Sheva, all of the characters in Revelations - Hell even Rebecca or Barry could have worked) I don't know.

Chris Redfield ending spoilers:

It's probably so they could then kill a character to give it that added bit of emotional oompth, but without killing anyone significant within the series...
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @SlightConfuse I brought that up earlier. They could have easily made an excuse to make her Chris's partner again and I think that could have been cool
    DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DeShawn2ks

@Yummylee: Where the hell is Barry and Rebecca anyways? I have only played the main RE games and the last time I saw Rebecca in chronological order it would be RE1 and I think Barry was the one who saved Jill at the end of RE3.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Yummylee

@DeShawn2ks said:

@Yummylee: Where the hell is Barry and Rebecca anyways? I have only played the main RE games and the last time I saw Rebecca in chronological order it would be RE1 and I think Barry was the one who saved Jill at the end of RE3.

No idea... Yeah, Barry may save Jill during RE3 (it's one out of two endings), but otherwise they've both been completely discarded from the story, reduced to the occasional cameo in minigames.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By musubi

Started replaying the campaign to get emblems and grind Skill Points to unlock the infinite ammo guns. And Helena's little quick shot roll with the Hydra shotgun is the best. Quick-shotting people in general is amazing. Its a great lead up for a easy melee kill. Quickshot > Running Melee > Ground Stomp Rinse & Repeat.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @DeShawn2ks Jill doesn't need saving. She is the master of unlocking.....

But in all seriousness I agreee, I really wish Barry would make an appearance but as for Rebecca I couldn't care less. Don't know why I don't like her, I just don't.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By NTM

@Yummylee said:

@handlas said:

@NTM said:

5 only really started to crumble during the final third when it turns into some crummy shooter. But up until then during the Kijuju Village portions and even during the swamp/caves, it was still at least somewhat recognisable as Resident Evil. Of course I'm not trying to be some sort of apologist for RE5 or anything, as that was definitely where the series began to fall onto itself for me.

And I still can't believe people are actually in favour of this direction... I mean when it came to shooters at least RE4/RE5 were different, with their slower-paced methodical feel; RE6 is instead just a mish mash of stuff they've cribbed from games like CoD and Uncharted with all of the OTT dumb set-pieces and aggressive linearity, and the set-pieces are utter crap at that.

It really has nothing to do with being in favor of the direction, not for me at least, it's just that if it's good, it's good, and I enjoy the game. I don't think this game is factually bad. I think there are problems with the game, sure, but none of it is a detriment to my experience. Never mind this; I just read above, and I have to say one thing.

@Yummylee said:

@SlightConfuse said:

I guess it's meant to be implied that she's in West Africa... Though the fact that there's no mention of her whatsoever (especially considering that she was like his new partner and all) or any other B.S.A.A. soldiers was weird. Even though I kinda liked Piers, why they created yet another character for Chris to team up when he's got so many buds who could have filled the role (Jill, Sheva, all of the characters in Revelations - Hell even Rebecca or Barry could have worked) I don't know.

Chris Redfield ending spoilers:

It's probably so they could then kill a character to give it that added bit of emotional oompth, but without killing anyone significant within the series...

It's Sheva, not Shiva. It's easy to make the mistake, but it should be easier to undo that mistake. sheh-vuh, not she-vuh.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Barrock

Alright. Completed the entire game. 700/1000 achievement points so I didn't half ass it. I agree with Brad. It's a bad action game.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#78  Edited By Hizang

I really don't like it, I'm already kind of bored and every time I think that this game is super long I think about not playing any more.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Barrock

@Hizang said:

I really don't like it, I'm already kind of bored and every time I think that this game is super long I think about not playing any more.

It's a shame they saved Ada's campaign for last, as I'd recommend you play it and toss the game.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @Demoskinos said:

Started replaying the campaign to get emblems and grind Skill Points to unlock the infinite ammo guns. And Helena's little quick shot roll with the Hydra shotgun is the best. Quick-shotting people in general is amazing. Its a great lead up for a easy melee kill. Quickshot > Running Melee > Ground Stomp Rinse & Repeat.

Her headshot stun --> melee is fantastic. I don't know where or why she learned how to do that but good on her.
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By musubi

So I really enjoyed the conversation between Garnett Lee and Jeff Cannata about RE6 on Weekend Confirmed. Jeff didn't like the game at all but I felt that he owned his opinion on the game pretty well and also kept an open mind enough about it that he realized that it wasn't just for him and there are people who enjoy this sort of game.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#82  Edited By DarkbeatDK

I've been playing for a couple of hours and just finished a boss fight on a train with Leon.

I have been playing on Easy, since listening to Brad's concerns made me think "Well, I like Resident Evil too, but I don't want to get stuck in it if it's that bad".

So far I don't think that it's that bad. I can totally understand why cheap deaths might make you get frustrated with the janky controls, but I'm not there yet.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Maajin

Just finished Leon's campaign. Freaking loved it. My expectations were very low after all the bashing and I was pleasantly surprised all the way to the end. This is exactly what I would expect of a sequel to RE5 and more.

Still waiting to be disgusted by Chris' and Jake's campaigns, though.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Genkkaku

Finished Ada's campaign and whoever thought hey walk forward - press A - walk forward - press A would be a winning formula.. Oh you've been spotted here fight 30 guys..

Every ending has like no impact it's all hinting at a sequel..

@Yummylee said:

@DeShawn2ks said:

No idea... Yeah, Barry may save Jill during RE3 (it's one out of two endings), but otherwise they've both been completely discarded from the story, reduced to the occasional cameo in minigames.

Common guys didn't you read the books? Rebecca went to that island to stop gun wielding zombies and then to that underground base with Leon.. Yeah the original books were 'great'

And Barry was in the latest movie, doing nothing of importance..

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#85  Edited By GoofyGoober

@JoyfullOFrockets: Fuck it, I am sold. I will be buying this game.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By musubi

Did some Mercs tonight. Managed to get a S-Rank and over 200k (which in the scheme of things is actually kind of low compared to some scores) Played online with a random and it actually worked out which was great! I was Chris and He was Ada. I can't seem to get in the flow with anyone else. Anyways, we did Steel Beast level. Unlocked Peirce and the costume for Christ which was awesome.

I'd like a decent partner to try and attempt the ice cavern/mines level. I really wanna unlock sherry!

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Genkkaku

So to feed my curiosity I finally unlocked the skill for killing 1,500 enemies with a Machine Gun and yeah not really worth it.. I think i'm now good for RE6 and possible the RE series if the next game is anything like this..

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Yummylee

@Genkkaku said:

So to feed my curiosity I finally unlocked the skill for killing 1,500 enemies with a Machine Gun and yeah not really worth it.. I think i'm now good for RE6 and possible the RE series if the next game is anything like this..

I feel the same way. I've been incredibly forgiving towards this series for the longest time, but now after RE6... if there really is to be the equivalent of an RE7 down the line that follows RE6's line of thinking then fuck off, goodbye Resident Evil, and I wish we could have parted on more mutual terms.

Gah, especially if they actually go forward with the implications that Jake Muller is to be the new lead... The comparisons to Dante are spot on, and it's like keep Dante in your fucking Devil May Cry series... I'd half expect them to turn RE7 into some cooperative brawler starring Jake and Dante while they're at it.

Only if they decide to reboot the series may I strike up an interest.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Genkkaku

@Yummylee: I kinda liked the Direction they took with 4.. It wasn't the RE4 we wanted but after Code Veronica it at least breathed new life into the game, pulled in some interesting mechanics and took it so far away from anything story wise and constructed something that stood up on it's own.. It still had the tense atmosphere, you kinda hesitated anytime you came to a door, hoping that the room was empty..

Then 5, took it a step further in a direction I wasn't really behind but that game was at least fun if nothing else, collecting everything, re-running levels to unlock all the weapons and there infinite ammo versions.. At they managed to close off Umbrella and Wesker once and for all so at least that was cool.. The forced Co-Op mechanic wasn't great but not being able to move as these lifeless enemies barreling down on you, kept the tense feeling while adding a strategy to the combat, choose where to plant yourself when you take your shots..

But then 6 comes along and it is by no means a Resident Evil game, It's an action game featuring the characters from Resident evil.. And even at it's core it's not a very good action game, with mechanics shoehorned in here and there just for the sake of it.. A story that isn't even interesting, that may have tided me over if it was at least good..

Yeah Jake Muller's character design is very DMC with the jacket and the cocky attitude, his intro movie is very reminiscent of DMC 2's opening (which I didn't realize those comparisons till now), Troy Baker did a great job with the chacracter he had, and his and SHerry's story was the most interesting by far, but it fell short and was badly told..

Without a straight Reboot I don't think anything they do will be enough to interest me back again.. the story even if told well I think has become to big, the only logical step is world wide outbreak :S, yeah that sounds fun.. (well if done right it could be but I doubt it)

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By nutter

I was waiting to co-op with a friend (he still doesn't have it). And eventually fired the game up the other night.

Having played Chris CH1-2, Leon CH1, and Jake CH1, I really, REALLY love this game.

It's tense, bombastic, full of holy @%# moments, and just feels cool. I had a cover issue (I wanted to shoulder my weapon and kept getting forced into cover, where the camera went bonkers). I had another annoying moment that escapes me, but aside from that, I've loved it.

I liked RE5, really liked RE4 (though I never found the time to beat it), and played bits of RE1 and 2.

I've always liked the franchise, but never played much of it (I was busy being a teenager, my same excuse for only recently playing the MGS series).

Anyhow, I adore this game. The controls aren't the best, and you have to discover moves (HOLY CRAP! YOU CAN SLIDE!), but it's got its grip on me.

Amalur, Mass Effect 3, Binary Domain, and Azura's Wrath all grabbed me this year, but RE6 is my favorite so far. I've even lost all interest in Borderlands 2; go figure.

DISCLAIMER: I enjoyed Lollipop Chainsaw, Dragon Age 2 and Shadows of the Damned are two of my favorite games this gen, and I had fun with (and beat) Duke Nuke 'Em Forever. So...yeah...

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#91  Edited By bibamatt

@Demoskinos said:

So I really enjoyed the conversation between Garnett Lee and Jeff Cannata about RE6 on Weekend Confirmed. Jeff didn't like the game at all but I felt that he owned his opinion on the game pretty well and also kept an open mind enough about it that he realized that it wasn't just for him and there are people who enjoy this sort of game.

I've recently come to enjoy Weekend Confirmed so much for this exact reason. I think Jeff and Garnett are fantastic hosts and the discussion is always awesome.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#92  Edited By bibamatt

My impressions with RE6 are currently flip-flopping between "it's bad, but II guess it's not all THAT awful" and "seriously, fuck this game". As of this very moment, I'm massively in the "fuck this game" camp. It makes RE5 seem like a masterpiece.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By musubi

Mercenaries is where its at for me now. Damn man. So much fun I hope they release new maps. The dodge mechanic is awesome! I was fighting a horde of zombies with a partner online out of the left side of my screen I saw a guy creeping up behind me ready to lunge. So I dodged backwards he whiffed his lunge and I caught him mid air with a head shot. Moments like that make you feel fucking bad-ass. And playing with a partner online is the way to go. Solo is fun but you can't reach the heights that you can doing partner play.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By WMWA

The best thing about this thread is that the people who hate it and the people who love it are ignoring each other's existence. It's off putting, but really funny. Like each side is waiting for the other to take the bait so the real discussion can begin.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#96  Edited By Liquidus

@ricochetguro said:

@Sackmanjones: Indeed, Capcom not including a manual is the stupidest thing they've done in a long time. And that's as someone who thinks this is the best game I've played this year and one that has the best combat system and controls of any TPS I've played. I spent a ton of time in the demo learning the intricacies of the slide move, rolls, roll cancels, 180 quick turn slide(yes the game has one) etc but the problem is the game never tells you any of this. At any point. Resident Evil 6 easily has the most complex control scheme of any 3rd person shooter I've played yet they don't explain anything in depth. As someone who suffered though the Monday video as Brad played it like Gears (and the insane comment about playing 12 hours before finding out there's a roll) I really realized what a horrible mistake Capcom had made. So many people have no idea these systems exist and It's just bizarre. Especially so considering sections of the game, such as the laser statue room in Leon's chapter, rely on using the slide and rolls.

Obviously opinions about the more action oriented path the series has taken is another matter. Will say Leon's Campaign has had some of the most tension I've experienced in a while. Love that professional mode is unlocked from the start, really have to watch your six at all times as one hit can take 2-3 bars off. Could go on about why I love the game but the lack of instruction was the reason for the response.

You have not played many third person shooters. More importantly, you have not played Vanquish.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By musubi
    @Genkkaku If you stack it with firearm lvl 3 You'll be absolutely ripping fools up. I do believe firearm lvl 3 does +75% damage combine with the weapon master ability that is +175% damage. You could round that out with infinite ammo.
    nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By nutter
    @Liquidus

@ricochetguro said:

@Sackmanjones: Indeed, Capcom not including a manual is the stupidest thing they've done in a long time. And that's as someone who thinks this is the best game I've played this year and one that has the best combat system and controls of any TPS I've played. I spent a ton of time in the demo learning the intricacies of the slide move, rolls, roll cancels, 180 quick turn slide(yes the game has one) etc but the problem is the game never tells you any of this. At any point. Resident Evil 6 easily has the most complex control scheme of any 3rd person shooter I've played yet they don't explain anything in depth. As someone who suffered though the Monday video as Brad played it like Gears (and the insane comment about playing 12 hours before finding out there's a roll) I really realized what a horrible mistake Capcom had made. So many people have no idea these systems exist and It's just bizarre. Especially so considering sections of the game, such as the laser statue room in Leon's chapter, rely on using the slide and rolls.

Obviously opinions about the more action oriented path the series has taken is another matter. Will say Leon's Campaign has had some of the most tension I've experienced in a while. Love that professional mode is unlocked from the start, really have to watch your six at all times as one hit can take 2-3 bars off. Could go on about why I love the game but the lack of instruction was the reason for the response.

You have not played many third person shooters. More importantly, you have not played Vanquish.

Vanquish is an amazing-playing game, but RE6 really does have a lot going on under the hood that I'd bet most critics don't know exist.

It's Capcom's fault that it shipped without a paper or in-game manual (or tutorial, really...the tutorial doesn't begin to hint at what you can do).

The games's controls are sometimes convoluted, and they're surely poorly communicated, but once you've gotten things down, it's pretty damned fun.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By handlas

On the final boss of Chris's campaign (my first campaign). I f*cking loved it so I'm gonna have to be the naysayer to the reviewers unless the other campaigns are just rubbish. Playing it on the hardest difficulty and it wasn't hard and I had plenty of ammo so that certainly wasn't an issue. The end boss is pretty amazing. Only negative I can come up with is the jeep sequence was terrible and Wesker's son aspect was lame. I loved the variety of enviornments you go through and the enemy variety. The dodging/rolling mechanic is great and I'm certain was not utilized by some people that diss the game... made one of the early bosses easy (snake).

Chris's campaign is better than any part of RE5... no doubt.

edit: Beat it... 76% accuracy, 6 deaths, B ranking on Professional for the final chapter. Not bad and not bad for a game that apparently you can't hit any enemies cuz it has such bad aiming.

ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By ArcLyte

The amount of hate directed at this game is comical. It's a great addition to the RE series.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.