Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

recommended starting difficulty?

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DoctorDanger99

So i was probly going to pick this up in a day or so and i was curious what difficulty you guys would recommend starting it on. ive heard varying reports of it being both too hard and too easy. while i usually like to stick to normal difficulty on the first playthrough ive noticed some games arent that diffrent on higher ones. so any advice you guys could give and i would be gratefull.

cexantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cexantus

recommended starting difficulty: don't play the game.

I hear it works wonders

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By yetiantics

If you must play this...

Rent It.

Easy (for fast play).

Return It.

Play something better.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By handlas

I'm playing Chris's campaign first on Professional (hardest difficulty you can start with). It's been easy so far. I have so much ammo and health tablets that my inventory is full. Your AI COOP partner is a tank basically for you so he/she helps a lot. The checkpointing is very frequent so dying is not a big deal because you will spawn back at the checkpoint with full health.

So... it's pretty easy so far. I'm only on Chapter 3 of his campaign tho which is about 3-4 hours in. Nothing has really been frustratingly hard.

RubberFactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RubberFactory

Amateur, because it makes the QTEs much more bearable, and also helps combat the games problem with limited ammo.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Genkkaku

Even on Veteran it's not to difficult

@handlas said:

I'm playing Chris's campaign first on Professional (hardest difficulty you can start with). It's been easy so far. I have so much ammo and health tablets that my inventory is full. Your AI COOP partner is a tank basically for you so he/she helps a lot. The checkpointing is very frequent so dying is not a big deal because you will spawn back at the checkpoint with full health.

So... it's pretty easy so far. I'm only on Chapter 3 of his campaign tho which is about 3-4 hours in.

Yeah that's not gonna last, well for me anyways Chapter 4 & 5 took all my ammo before the Boss and only on Veteren

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By handlas

Also it gives you teh option to change the difficulty every time you start the game up. I haven't done it so I don't know if it sets you back any or something like that but I doubt it. The game is split up into chapters (very looong chapters it seems) so you can always go back and reset the difficulty.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By ahgunsillyo

@handlas said:

Also it gives you teh option to change the difficulty every time you start the game up. I haven't done it so I don't know if it sets you back any or something like that but I doubt it. The game is split up into chapters (very looong chapters it seems) so you can always go back and reset the difficulty.

As far as I know, you can only change the difficulty when you're in between chapters. If you're in the middle of a chapter and you want to change the difficulty, you might need to restart from the beginning of the chapter.

As for the original question, I'm playing through on Veteran and it's not so bad. I've died a bunch, but a lot of that was me still learning the mechanics. Once you start learning how to effectively use moves like the Quick Shot and dodging and get enough Skill Points to start purchasing and upgrading Skills, the difficulty becomes a bit more manageable.

EDIT: Never mind; I'm apparently wrong about when you can change the difficulty.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Genkkaku

@handlas said:

If you quit mid-chapter, then hit continue it'll load you in at the beginning of whatever sub-chapter you were in and you can change the difficulty there

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@cexantus: thank you for you insightful answer!

to everyone else thanks. i think ill jut start on normal for my first playthrough.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jack268

@cexantus said:

recommended starting difficulty: don't play the game.

I hear it works wonders

And you followed this advice yourself?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By handlas

I read if you beat all the campaigns you unlock infinite ammo as well...

Anyone know if you can beat the game on normal, get infinite ammo, and then just blaze through hard difficulty with it? Having infinite ammo would making searching for all the emblems less of a hassle. I've already missed 4 on my playthrough even tho I was looking everywhere.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.