Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

This is on PS4/Xbox One now.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I am one, probably in the minority I suppose, that thought the game was great. I really enjoyed it, and I am actually wanting this remaster. Anyone else going to play it, or played one of these versions yet? I kind of want to see what Eurogamer has to say about it. It's probably just 1080p/60fps... Which is fine by me. Hey, $19.99 is a pretty good price too. Is this going to be on disc, or will it be when they all release?

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That's still too much money for that game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc: Not to me. It would be if it was full price.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

$19.99 was what I paid for this game years ago on 360. It was arguably too much money even then.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I want to say that I will try this game, because it's one of the few games with RE in the title I haven't played, but... it's not super likely.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

I am one, probably in the minority I suppose, that thought the game was great. I really enjoyed it.

I'm right there with you. Regarding the ports though? Probably not. I've played them, enjoyed them, and completed them and don't really feel a need to go back. The only exception is if/when the re-make/release/master RE 2. It remains my favorite in the franchise.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ezekiel
    @ntm said:

Hey, $19.99 is a pretty good price too.

Why is it still 30 dollars on Steam then? I don't understand publishers. Anyway, the game blows. I wouldn't pay 10.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

There are aspects of Resident Evil 6 that I will defend as "interesting" or "hilariously misguided" but I don't think I ever need to pay money for it again, thanks.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How's the performance this time around? I'd pick it up just for mercenaries if it plays smooth.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousreiven: I have been playing on Xbox one and it's been really smooth.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Vod_Crack

I played through RE6 when it first came out. I don't want to play it again but it's really not as bad as some people will lead you to believe.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By MEATBALL

I think RE6 had some really cool new mechanics (that might have fit better in a different game?), but the game around it was largely not very good (it did have its moments, though). The only way I'll buy it again is if it's in a current gen physical collection with RE4 and RE5. :P

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry to hear

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Believe I bought this game for 6 bucks a couple months after release, I liked it a lot but 20 bucks is just stupid for a capcom rerelease (apart from DMC4 which added a ton of stuff to the game).

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NTM

I got it.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Giant_Gamer

If anyone is interested in a Resident Evil game for the PS4/Xone, they should really check out RE Revelations 2. I'm playing it right now on PC and i think it is better than 6 in every way and to be honest i think its really close to RE5 level of quality.

Too bad Capcom released it as an episodic game as I'm pretty sure that this is one of the reasons that did hurt the game's sales. I for one thought that this game is a low budget spin off with RE:R title to make it interesting.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When is RE4 coming? I need to complete my dark task of purchasing it on every platform available.

mathj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mathj

..honestly, i get the whole re6 hate. im a huge fan of re since 2, and have played al of them (minus one or two imports). they took it in a different direction with 4, which was amazing, 5 wasnt as good, and 6 also wasnt that great. i actually put 6 right up there with 5. it isnt THAT bad. it has a ton of content, i actually find the gunplay to be fun. those bashing it and making it seem like the worst game ever made...youre wrong. i dont blame you, because it isnt what it used to be for sure, but your wrong. that being said, 20 bucks for a remaster aint bad. updated visuals and improved framerate will probably have me end up buying this.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pompouspizza
    Avatar image for indiana_jenkins
    indiana_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will get RE5 and RE4 again, but this game is not what I'm looking for.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I feel bad for anyone that genuinely enjoyed this game because any thread about RE6 is just a showcase for people mercilessly dumping on it. I can appreciate what it was going for but ultimately too many things felt off and not in that typical way that all RE games are off but some fundamental design decisions that make it seem like the team behind it hadn't played any games in the past 10 years. RE6 wasn't like Dead Space 3, competent but missing the point, it was a strange vision of what an action game would be if someone designing it hadn't actually ever played one. Some of the ridiculous movie moments are fun but yah, I don't see myself really playing this again much less paying for it twice.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I have some morbid urge to buy and play this again, just to see if my extreme disdain towards this game holds. I don't know if I can justify $20 on it now, but I will almost assuredly get it during a sale.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I'm ever going to play this mediocre game again.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grabbed it. Still looks great. Can't wait to play it.

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Eh, my favorite Final Fantasy is 13 (13-2 was a downgrade, fixed 2-3 things that 13 needed help w/ in regards to combat), and I really enjoyed RE6 (leon's campaign was the worst, Jake and Sherry's best). I'm used to everybody bashing things I like On the other hand the only good part of Dead Space 3 was the awesome space stuff at the beginning.

I might grab this + RE4 and 5, hopefully those two will have move support :(

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I still have this on Steam and it's one of those things that I'm mildly interested in giving a shot one day.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a lot of issues with this game but my friend and I have an undying enthusiasm for all things Resident Evil so I have no doubt we'll replay this and have some fun with it like we did the first time. I'm looking forward to replaying RE5 more and owning yet another version of RE4 more but I'll play this again.

When the remake of RE2 comes out and if they ever make Code Veronica HD backwards compatible I'll have the entire mainline series on my Xbox One except RE3. The idea of having nearly the entire series easily replayable at anytime on my current console appeals to me. All that leaves is Capcom remaking 3 at some point or throwing out a port of the best version of that game, either option is acceptable.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think RE6 is terrible. And I love RE5.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By Zleunamme

There were RE6 levels in Resident Evil Revelations 2 raid mode. Playing those sections reminded me how long-winded RE6 was. I'm glad that there are some people getting enjoyment out of RE6 but I don't want to play the main campaign again. I will wait and see if RE7 will come out or if a reboot is happening.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm disappointed. I originally got the game on Xbox 360, but this time, I went with the PS4 version. It's a fine upgrade, but the issue is that when it comes to co-op, it's like the PS3 version of RE5: you can't use two profiles at once! This sucks. Since it's just my profile as we play, it defeats a lot of motivation for my brother wanting to otherwise enjoy the experience since he doesn't get trophies, but more importantly, he can't upgrade. The Xbox 360 didn't have this issue, and I have the feeling the Xbox One version doesn't either. I guess I got the wrong version.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiro2809: I actually really enjoyed FF13 for all the reasons that the internet hated it. Well, I didn't like Hope, but I did enjoy the super linear way it played. At that point in time I was so far removed from the FF that getting back into one of those games with a huge open world map and millions of quests would have been overwhelming. I enjoyed the combat a lot, thought the story was fine. I even read the codecs because people said you need to read up on it to understand the story at all - and it did help a ton.

I guess what I'm saying is that I understand the comparison, but I think FF13 is just a very different game than people wanted, but it's not a bad game in it's own right. RE6 has a lot of control, combat and mechanical issues that sort of make it a bad game on top of being a bad Resident Evil entry. Don't get me wrong, fighting some mutated thing on top of a speeding train is cool as heck, but the actual act of fighting that thing was not the best. Thats kind of that whole game: cool ideas marred by poor execution.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: RE6 has issues, but the issues people had (like the ones you mention with control, combat, and mechanical) are totally fine by me. I have no issue with those, and quite enjoy it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Humanity

@ntm: Hey man thats great. By no means am I trying to take something away from you here. Personally I think all RE games are pretty bad and the most fun I've had was in RE5 because of co-op. RE6 was also pretty decent when I briefly played it with someone in co-op. I do think the controls and game structure are (and I hate to use the word) objectively bad, or at least "lacking." That said you can't argue with personal preference, so if you found nothing wrong with them then hey, it's not like I can say "you're wrong!" or anything. Glad you dug it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NTM

@humanity: I'm not really bothered that others dislike it, so no worries. I'm just saying, many people take issues with things I don't in it. I would say it is subjective, not objectively bad, because I don't really think it lacks or has problems that some people say it does. It just comes down to what you want, and perhaps what you can tolerate. That all said, right now I'm just annoyed that the split screen doesn't work on the PS4 version. Makes me think I bought the wrong version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.