Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Wanna make RE6 Way more fun?

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vikingdeath1

Play it on easy. I've only ever switched a game to easy once before; to beat the final boss of Final Fantasy 13-2 (He was a Cheap motherfucker!) and I Still didn't beat him. But I am having a BLAST with the Leon campaign on easy! No shame, it's a better experience!

brandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By brandino

@vikingdeath1 said:

Play it on easy. I've only ever switched a game to easy once before; to beat the final boss of Final Fantasy 13-2 (He was a Cheap motherfucker!) and I Still didn't beat him. But I am having a BLAST with the Leon campaign on easy! No shame, it's a better experience!

I play through every new game on Easy/Normal (depending on the game) and then on my 2nd play through i play on hard.

I like to fully enjoy my games the first play through but i also love a challenge.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hbkdx12

Based on the reception of this game. I came in here fully expecting the answer to be "don't play it" 

Antikythera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Antikythera

Playing on Professional right now and I am sitting at low health through most chapters but easily manageable while having fun besides you shouldn't be leaving the end of a campaign without a scratch video games are meant to be challenging.

I don't believe the game is GREAT but I do believe it is a GOOD game. To call it a bad game is to put it beside games like Rogue Warrior, Quantum Theory and Bomberman: Act Zero. Even calling it a mediocre game is fine by me.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Grissefar

@vikingdeath1 said:

to beat the final boss of Final Fantasy 13-2 (He was a Cheap motherfucker!) and I Still didn't beat him.

Yeah what a motherfucker. After dying 3 times, 20 minutes into the fight each time, I finally managed to barely beat it the wrong way. I immediately realized you were supposed to wear down the 2 guarding dragons without killing them, and then wack the main guy. It felt like a bitch because the game never demanded such tactics before, except once, where it was made very obvious. Doing it the right way, should take less than 5 minutes.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mirado

Man, I when I saw this headline, I expected a drinking game. For anyone else who thought the same, here you go!

• Every time you are prompted for a melee kill and it fails, drink!
    • Every time you are killed as soon as you are standing back up after being revived, drink!
    • Every time the frame rate takes a nose dive, drink!
    • Every time you fail the rope mini-game, drink! (And when you complete it, finish your drink).
    • Every time the camera catches on a wall, drink!

Actually, don't do this. You'll probably kill yourself, judging by some of these reviews. Really, I'm starting to wonder how some people can lose their shit over this game, and others think it's fine. I've only played the demo and found the whole thing kind of poor, but I just can't rationalize the disparity between some of these viewpoints.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By psylah

Take the RE6 disc out of its case, throw it in the garbage and put RE4 in there.

Repeat for each subsequent release of Resident Evil.

NaDannMaGoGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NaDannMaGoGo

@Brandino said:

@vikingdeath1 said:

I play through every new game on Easy/Normal (depending on the game) and then on my 2nd play through i play on hard.

I like to fully enjoy my games the first play through but i also love a challenge.

Why not both? :(

To each their own though!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@Brandino said:

I generally do the same, though if a game has 4 difficulty levels usually they're easier, easy, normal, and hard; so I'll start on "normal" It's mostly just to get more out of the game, also playing something like Killzone 2 on the hardest difficulty from the getgo might take twice as long as doing both playthroughs seperately.

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RAMBO604

Its weirdly difficult at times, its probably just behind Code Veronica as the series most difficult game.

MalkavTheClown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By MalkavTheClown

I have only played through part of Jake's Campaign and honestly i feel comfortable with the controls. But to share the same rating as Bomberman Zero and DARKEST DAYS.....seems a bit off... Honestly i dont mind QTE if done correctly but it does seem to have more than enough. And if you really really hate QTE then i get why you would be upset. But to judge the game this harshly for things evident from RE1 on....(Camera issues, Poor Controls, R-TARD story,) just seems lazy. I agree it is no longer Resident Evil of the 90's, It is still fun to play through with a friend in my opinion.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

@RAMBO604 said:

Its weirdly difficult at times, its probably just behind Code Veronica as the series most difficult game.

I wouldn't say so. In fact I think RE6 was too easy for the most part, and I played straight from Veteran for all of the campaigns. Some of the bosses are ridiculous, though, but that's because they poorly telegraph just wtf it is you're supposed to do, go on for far too long, or usually both.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rip gaming

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MalkavTheClown said:

I have only played through part of Jake's Campaign and honestly i feel comfortable with the controls. But to share the same rating as Bomberman Zero and DARKEST DAYS.....seems a bit off...

Star ratings on GB are NEVER meant to compare exactly with other games of the same rating.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I started playing games on easy recently, specifically cover based ones. I get sick of the wait behind a wall and also wait for the enemy to pop up gameplay I start to just rush through and blast guys in the face because usually the AI isn't able to handle someone who is actually just sprinting everywhere.

cexantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cexantus

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

rip gaming

THINGS ARE WORSE THAN EVER!!!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By musubi

I gotta say the thing that is really doing it for me is playing the entire game in chronological order. At least personally I think its really cool how all the campaigns intersect.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cexantus said:

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

rip gaming

THINGS ARE WORSE THAN EVER!!!

only you can make it right
    Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Antikythera said:

video games are meant to be challenging.

Says who? That's like saying all movies are meant to be a certain genre.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wacomole

I thought the answer to question in the title was going to be "Use the disc as a frisbee"

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By nightriff

Thought you were going to go with Shrimp Fest

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

I made it more fun by setting fire to it and then pissing on it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By Humanity

@psylah said:

Take the RE6 disc out of its case, throw it in the garbage and put RE4 in there.

Repeat for each subsequent release of Resident Evil.

Do this except put in Dead Space 2 instead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.