dicnose's Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360) review

Avatar image for dicnose
  • dicnose wrote this review on .
  • This review received 22 comments

It’s easy to crap on, but Capcom delivers another masterpiece

Resident Evil 4 released on the Gamecube and rewrote the rules on third-person action. I for one, consider Resident Evil 6 one of the best games of this last generation, I also believe if it wasn't for the game's innovations, games like Halo 4(unreleased) wouldn't exist in their current form.

While the game doesn't break new ground, RE6 is an incredible game that shouldn't be missed. To be honest, this game is merely a slightly improved version of Resident Evil 6. So if that game turned you off for whatever reason, there probably isn't much here that'll change your mind.

RE6 doesn't need fast paced controls because of the pace of the game and the enemies are slower and more methodical than other representatives of the genre.

If you've been with the franchise since the beginning, you're in for a treat. The major Umbrella Corporation plot line is tied up, and most of the other plot holes are filled in. You'll also be treated with the return of some characters, in addition to an important protagonist. I wouldn't want to ruin that special moment for you! Wherever the series goes to from here, it's safe to say the Umbrella story arc is behind us.

The biggest problem I have with RE6 besides the merchant (what are ya buy'in?) being absent, is the location. The familiar location held more weight to it, and the argument is the same as to why Fallout 3's setting is such a huge success.

It's really easy to crap on RE6, and critique all its mistakes. The friendly AI sucks, the game rejects its horror reputation in favor of pretending it's a shooter, and you never get that B-Movie feel the other games were so notable for. While this game screws up so badly in a lot of areas, it's still one heck of a ride. The moment-to moment encounters are always a blast, and the game is simply, fun. The game's hardly been out a week, and I've been through it twice, and starting my third trip shortly. Players who persevere through the main story will find plenty of rewards.

I'm very excited to tackle the additional challenges Resident Evil 6 presents. Considering the volume of quality content, this game is a smart purchase. This game is also one of the best experiences on store shelves. With that said, RE6 is a fat package that'll keep you coming back.