Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 7 biohazard

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 24, 2017

Six years after the events of Resident Evil 6, newcomer Ethan receives a message from his presumed dead wife to reunite with her at the residence of the reclusive Baker family. The game features a first-person view and a return to traditional Survival Horror mechanics.

Beginning Hour demo impressions

• 57 results
    IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I like it but I don't like that this is RE7. It feels more like Outlast or Amnesia than what I consider to be Resident Evil. The first person thing is really my main hangup. Yes, RE has done first person in the past, but it was always in spin off titles and I know that RE is different things to different people, but the one thing it has always been to me is third person. If this is what the series is to become then OK, it will probably be a good thing and the game will turn out excellent, however it is no longer going to give me what I want out of the series. I like spooky action games. I liked the slower pace of the older entries more than the more action oriented stuff, so in that regard this is very pleasing to me. Sadly, it feels like it is falling more in line with what is currently popular for horror games at the moment. RE became too action focused and in a lot of ways became just another shooter. This potentially could be doing a hard 180 to the other extreme and is now just another first person horror game for Youtube personalities to react to. I will have to see the final product.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

With all this first person stuff I think more people should revisit silent hill 4 the room.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

It's funny to see the RE fanbase react to this the same way the Silent Hill one did to PT.

They all came around to it and were excited for Silent Hills after a few months, but at first a lot of them were PISSED it was in first person. Same complaints about how it was just copying Outlast and Amnesia (and acting like those were terrible games and not far better horror games than the recent SHs and REs...) to pander to YouTubers, etc.

I really don't get how people can get so hung up on the camera perspective. I mean I can understand the feeling that it's not in the spirit of the series, but in both cases we have yet to see any gameplay from the full game so it's way to soon to make that kind of judgement.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#54  Edited By Yummylee

So, courtesy of this interview over at GameSpot, combat is indeed confirmed, but he seems to stress that running away may be required under some circumstances and this isn't strictly an action game at its core. Which is great! And is precisely what I'd want to see, for Resident Evil to still carry on with combat but scaling it back to the vulnerabilities and supply scarcity of the classic RE entries.

Kawata is also pretty frank about RE7 not being developed as a ''triple A'' game and won't have a huge dump of resources dedicated to the marketing like what RE6 in particular had. It's understandable given what this game is, which is a clear competitor against the generally independent scene of horror games, but I also wouldn't be surprised to learn that Capcom simply couldn't afford to build up another RE game with the comparative budget of RE5 and 6 given their situation. This once again brings me back to what the Hell is going on with the RE2 remake. Will that have even less of a focus and budget than what RE7 is supposedly receiving? And will they also continue to create Revelations games to keep with the classic characters and making RE4-esque shooters?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By Humanity

Tried the demo out today out of curiosity. It's not something for me and honestly I'm not sure if it's something for Resident Evil fans either. The return to horror is definitely a welcome change of pace but the whole thing does have this "haunted house" vibe going on. Maybe it will be great, so far it doesn't seem like anything special. Neither gameplay nor graphics were particularly mind blowing.

chiefbott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i wouldnt have minded the return to "tank" controls,especially seeing that RE1 remake sold well on current gen. RE7 doesnt appeal to me...i want to see the combat though.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I enjoyed it. Real atmospheric creepy uneasy vibe to it. There wasn't really anything to the puzzly bits. I really enjoyed the style of playing as the cameraman of the video you're watching. I thought that was really cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.