Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 7 biohazard

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 24, 2017

Six years after the events of Resident Evil 6, newcomer Ethan receives a message from his presumed dead wife to reunite with her at the residence of the reclusive Baker family. The game features a first-person view and a return to traditional Survival Horror mechanics.

Early copies have leaked in the middle east

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

#1  Edited By DonutFever

The ending is out there, boss fights are out there, trophies, everything.

On the upside, the game is supposed to be really good! Exactly how they've sold it, survival, puzzles, horror, exploration, all that jazz. About 10-15 hours.

One of the most interesting things from the trophies is that the game can be beat in under 4 hours.

FloppySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

On the upside, the game is supposed to be really good! Exactly how they've sold it, survival, puzzles, horror, exploration, all that jazz. About 10-15 hours.

One of the most interesting things from the trophies is that the game can be beat in under 4 hours.

If only Gone Home had the same trophy for finishing the game in under 45 seconds.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That length doesn't surprise me. If they've taken design cues from the first Resident Evil then it more or less matches up. Playing that game the first time could take 10 or so hours to figure out the puzzles and inventory management. Afterwards the game can be beaten in 3 hours or so.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds really promising! Do you know if the game is first person like the demos or is it a traditional 3rd person game?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original RE you could earn a unlimited ammo Rocket launcher if you beat the game in less than 2 hours.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Fucking rad, I cannot wait. As a long time RE fan, I haven been okay with the more actiony turn the games took but 6 was really my limit. Now I stand by my gut and would tell you six is in fact a good game but at that point it hardly resembles the series as a whole and more resembles the explosive last 20 minutes of the franchise before they did this kind of reset. After playing the hd remaster of REmake, I was very happy to see them take this turn.

Crossing my fingers and hoping the game really does turn out as good as people are saying and I guess I gotta be careful when looking at info on the game

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pompouspizza

@sackmanjones: I liked RE6 a lot when it came out, I can see why people hate it and it's not even close to being one of the best games in the series but it's still pretty good. My main complaint with it was that it's too long. Having said all that, I could not take another game in that style so I could not be happier with the direction the have taken for 7.

From everything I have seen I think the game looks phenomenal. Can't wait for Tuesday.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Length sounds good. Guessing there will be enough there for some replay-ability as well.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donutfever said:

If only Gone Home had the same trophy for finishing the game in under 45 seconds.

damn dude wow HEADSHOT !!!! scratch another notch onto your rifle man that was a "clean kill" popped Gone Home right in the apricot just like it deserves in the year 2017. keep that damn game in its place

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Sounds interesting. More hyped now with the reservation of "it's pretty good". Thanks!

Must leave thread now to avoid spoilers.

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcin: I'm no psychic or joke scientist but I think you've ended up on the wrong end of the barrel here. It seems like the joke was that an achievement for finishing the game in a fraction of the expected play time is silly and suggests that most of the game is disposable garbage and not that Gone Home is a terrible game that should only last for 45 seconds. It's punching up at Resident Evil and not down at Gone Home. At least that is my, and I can't emphasise this enough, strictly layman opinion as I am not a humour technician.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FloppySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcin said:
    @floppysnake said:
    @donutfever said:

damn dude wow HEADSHOT !!!! scratch another notch onto your rifle man that was a "clean kill" popped Gone Home right in the apricot just like it deserves in the year 2017. keep that damn game in its place

holy shit kek. i'll add the gone home patch to my long leather coat and add another feather to my fedora.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By Humanity

I don't really like horror games, and especially first person ones, but I'm very curious what the internet at large will think of this. Resident Evil in my opinion has never really been a good series and as it struggled to remain vaguely relevant in the changing videogame marketplace it all but completely abandoned its core identity without actually becoming a better game in the process. RE7 looks like it's taking another stab at that fleeting relevance but one that is a lot closer to home for the franchise.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'd still like to see what the widespread reaction to the game is before I consider blowing $60 on it, though I guess it's... encouraging to hear that it might actually be good. It would be nice to legitimately enjoy a Resident Evil game after a good 8 years of garbage.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The previews from publications are also very positive after spending 4 hours with the game.

Some guy from Gamespot said "it's like REmake in first person." A girl from IGN said it really feels like resident evil despite being in first person. I'm very hype for this game

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't tell if I'm more excited at RE7 looking so promising or PSVR getting such a promising first AAA game. Or that I can refer to it as VResident E-VRil. These are all exciting things.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

I can't tell if I'm more excited at RE7 looking so promising or PSVR getting such a promising first AAA game. Or that I can refer to it as VResident E-VRil. These are all exciting things.

Love it. VResident E-VRil it is. Personally I'm psyched about a AAA coming to PSVR. We have waited long enough.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I love the 'vibe' of the game from the demo but I feel like I need to know things bout the structure and flow of the gameplay. Unfortunately I can't risk spoiling the whole thing just to see if people have discussed the things I want to know.

Has the use of the demo coin been uncovered in these leaks?

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

@alistercat: I think it just functions like the "antique coins" you find across the game, which open bird cages with items in them like ammo and herbs.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@humanity said:

I don't really like horror games, and especially first person ones, but I'm very curious what the internet at large will think of this. Resident Evil in my opinion has never really been a good series and as it struggled to remain vaguely relevant in the changing videogame marketplace it all but completely abandoned its core identity without actually becoming a better game in the process. RE7 looks like it's taking another stab at that fleeting relevance but one that is a lot closer to home for the franchise.

I mean.... when are you talking "struggled to remain vaguely relevant"? Recently? Because they did a huge part to shape modern Third Person Shooters and really created Survival Horror as a genre over the course of a franchise. Kind of important things there, even if you never enjoyed the games.

I agree with you if you are just talking about 5 and 6 maybe (even though 5 is a pretty good game).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@artisanbreads: I was in fact talking about 5 and 6 when speaking of them trying to remain relevant and to a certain degree "modern." Dead Space is the perfect example of evolving the survival horror genre. If you don't think Dead Space is survival horror that's fine, I honestly don't wish to have that discussion as I've had it dozens of times already and know it's a dead end for both parties involved.

In a way, despite being a pivotal title for third person gaming as a whole, Resident Evil 4 was already pulling away from the roots of the franchise into more action based gameplay. In that way RE7 seems to be returning to more measured, slower paced gameplay (at least from why I've see and played) that resembles RE1 or Alone in the Dark from days past.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@humanity: Yeah seems that way with 7. I would consider Dead Space 1 and 2 Survival Horror games personally.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.