Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 7 biohazard

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 24, 2017

Six years after the events of Resident Evil 6, newcomer Ethan receives a message from his presumed dead wife to reunite with her at the residence of the reclusive Baker family. The game features a first-person view and a return to traditional Survival Horror mechanics.

ESRB leak confirms that RE7 will be an RE game

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Albeit apparently way gorier than we are used to. Rating has already been taken down, but confirmed to be accurate.

'Content Descriptors: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language

Rating Summary: This is a survival-horror game in which players assume the role of Ethan, a man searching for his missing wife in a derelict mansion. From a first-person perspective, players explore the environment and use pistols, shotguns, flamethrowers, explosives and chainsaws to kill mutant creatures.Combat is accompanied by realistic gunfire, screams of pain, and exaggerated blood-splatter effects. As players progress through the story, cutscenes can depict instances of gore and intense acts of violence: a character's arm dismembered by a chainsaw; a man's leg taken off at the knee with a shovel; a character impaled through the face with a shovel. Some areas also depict mutilated corpses with exposed organs/viscera. The words “f*k” and “sht” are heard in the dialogue.'

We got a mansion. We got weapons. We got 'mutant creatures'. Sounds like RE.

This does mostly confirm what Capcom is saying with regards to the split between main gameplay and tapes, which are the parts of the game that will resemble something like Outlast or Amnesia most strongly. If they can pull off something like they do in the Beginning Hour demo, with tapes serving as both a way to present puzzles to the player and ratchet up the tension, I think this could actually be an alright game. Some of those gory scenarios sound an awful lot like death scenes for the main player though, so I wouldn't expect them to be something everyone sees.

Only question that remains is why hasn't Capcom come forward with any of this core gameplay yet. They might be keeping it under wraps for TGS.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Now all we need is for the game to actually be good and we'll be golden! That shouldn't be too hard, right?

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#3  Edited By DonutFever

Hopefully this gets people to stop calling it "a shitty P.T./Amnesia/Outlast ripoff" that was made to "cash in on that sweet YouTube money" (despite the fact that these indie horror games don't actually sell that well, especially compared to the past couple REs). This game looks to have more in common with RE1 than any of the past 3.

A lot of people have been complaining that this game hasn't show combat yet, but I'm glad that they're doing such a slow rollout. It feels like a mystery. How often do you know so little about a game this big?

Now if the game sucks I'll be pissed, that's the downside to this kind of marketing. But I can always wait for reviews, and this has my interest more than another game like RE6.

AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donutfever: Are you not going to comment on the fact that this is about a day--day and a half old and we both decided to post it on GB within a few minutes of each other? I'm a bit scared.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FrostyRyan

I guess people think first person slow burn horror games are "amnesia rip offs"

EDIT: Looks like the thread title got changed.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#6  Edited By DonutFever
    kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always suspected the first demo was in the same vein as P.T. in terms of reflecting the final product.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

There's a new trailer for the game, featuring the previously leaked pictures of the Baker family dinner.

Loading Video...

I'm not from America and as a kid I was super scared of going to middle-America, because of movies like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Deliverance and House of a 1000 Corpses. It seems like the developers had the same influences when coming up with Resi 7.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god. I was using a shovel to compact some twigs and leaves yesterday. I was thinking that it would probably hurt to be hit with one. And then I read about leg and face injuries in this game with a shovel. Nooooo.

Reminds me of the poor lady you find pinned to the inside of a hut at the start of Resident Evil 4.

AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't think of anywhere else to dump this, but here's possibly the save room theme for RE7. People are saying that it's the save room theme because it's the track you get right now for pre-ordering the game on PS4, and the tracks given to you for pre-ordering REmake and RE0 were the save room themes. Sounds great.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.