Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 7 biohazard

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 24, 2017

Six years after the events of Resident Evil 6, newcomer Ethan receives a message from his presumed dead wife to reunite with her at the residence of the reclusive Baker family. The game features a first-person view and a return to traditional Survival Horror mechanics.

Two boss fights had to have been cut out, right? (Huge spoilers within)

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1. You take down Jack, Marg, and then you don't end up taking down their son Lucas? The game even builds him up as some kind of tech genius. I imagined a boss fight where he places bombs or something and then all we got was a second fight with a highly mutated Jack. That fight is fine but I ALSO expected a boss fight with Lucas. It's odd how it just skipped a family member. You fight all the others in boss battles.

2. "I will find him and I will make him suffer...and you're gonna help me."......."The pig's waiting for you in the dissection room."

Aaaaaand then all we had to do was stick our hand in the cop's neck hole. Hell, we even see the cop mutate right in front of us. This one is the weirdest of the two. You can defend the absent Lucas fight as kind of a bait and switch thing. Like "ah, you thought you were gonna fight Lucas but Jack is back and he's huge!" The cop though...I don't know. I think his boss fight was clearly cut out for whatever reason.

Now don't get me wrong I love this game to death and I'm so happy RE is back but these were a couple blemishes among an otherwise fantastic game. Anyone else get the impression these two fights were supposed to happen but then just didn't?

LtTibbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really, Lucas seemed to be in on nu-umbrellas operation going by his e-mails in the mines, and I didn't get the feeling the cop was going to be a boss just another molded.

Lucas will probably play a part in the Chris DLC, since he mentions going after him over the radio.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Wait, I though he was just saying that he was waiting for him in the dissection room so you'd go grab the key out of his neck. When is it implied that you will fight him?

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuzzypumpkin: When you first see the cop mutate, Jack says he will make ethan suffer and then says "and you're gonna help me" and points to the mutated cop.

Retromancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you read the emails you see that he's not actually infected and just playing along to help umbrella.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shotgunlincoln: Wait what?? Then how did his arm grow back? Totally missed or blanked out whatever emails those were. Probably wasn't paying attention

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: He was infected for a little bit but then he gets the cure.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I did feel the build up with the cop fell really flat but I wasnt expecting a Bakers level boss fight out of it. If I had to guess, anything to do with Lucas will be in dlc or even a future game.

While we're poking holes in the plot (or acknowleding what isnt there) If I give the cure to Zoe how does Mia end up on the boat? I know part of that was a flashback but the rest wasn't.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: Yeah they never explain how Mia ended up on the boat. I'm sure it was because Eveline wanted her there so that she could remember what happened or something but it sure did feel like "well, we need her there for story reasons but we can't think of an explanation as to how she got there so just don't answer it."

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just beat the game. Assuming he's in the "Not a Hero" free DLC. Curious when that will come out.

And yeah, there really shouldn't have been a story choice. It's quite bizarre.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#11  Edited By alistercat

@pompouspizza: @frostyryan: Bear in mind that Mia and Eve have been with the Bakers for ~3 years. I think those Lucas emails are old. When it all started he gets infected, then takes a cure to stave off her mind control but I'm convinced that by the time the game takes place he is under her control the entire time and hasn't taken any serum for a while. Also, the cure doesn't immunise you. If you cure Mia at the end she gets reinfected and controlled by Eve so he hasn't been free of her for a while.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: I never thought about that! Very good point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.