Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

In this multiplayer-focused shooter, the evil Umbrella Corporation and the U.S. Government clash in the hellish zombie-infested remains of Raccoon City in a battle for survival and control of the truth.

Ending (spoilers)

Avatar image for jediknight00719
    jediknight00719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By jediknight00719

So i was pressured by some friends to get this game and have been playing it. It is not very good, there are a lot of issues which people have already pointed out. But i found it to be a competent shooter and its a fun to play with friends with the only fact that we can laugh at all the issues. But i have issue with the ending....

So in the last stage each player on your team gets to choose wheather to kill Leon Kennedy or save Leon. At this point it essentially becomes a PVP (i think, not sure what happens if everyone chooses to save Leon) in which you choose a side and if you choose to defend Leon you have him in your team. We decided to try the alternate ending route and all chose to kill Leon Kennedy. the AI player chose to side with Leon.

As we play the mission we beat our AI teammate who betrayed us and all the zombies that are spawned and its only 3 of us vs Leon. Leon apparently has unlimited grenades and can take out 1/4 of your life with each shot. Ok, fine he is the last boss fight sure. But i don't know how high his life bar is but he would JUST NOT DIE. All of us were just pouring bullets into this guy. We even tried tactics where we would suppress him so someone can come up and melee him. We were never able to kill him. On top of that in this mission you can't revive your teammates. Instead we cheesed the game and had one guy go to the other team. Shoot Leon till he dies (which is apparently easier if you team kill).

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if they had beat him cause i'm really curious how you do that. I'm curious if Slant 6 did this on purpose to ensure we always died and this ending never really could happen unless you really did have another teammate joined the other side and kill him. Its still dumb.

BurningVegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BurningVegas

Not sure the difficulty setting that you played on, but I did this earlier on solo (not sure if more people means stacked health) on normal difficulty using the grenade launcher from one of the crates with minimal ease.

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By zonikjj

I played on veteran difficulty with my friend the other night. The Leon section of the fight was pretty game-y. Most of the damage done was from the sniper shots I poured into him (there's a semi-auto sniper in a case somewhere on the right side). It must have been about 50 sniper shots or something. It just takes a while. Being far away gives the advantage of having tons of time to move away from grenades, and being out of range from being shot.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Phatmac

Leon Kennedy, Rookie Cop, is unbeatable.

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By kmg90

I bet if the game had a RPG it would be a one-hit kill on him....

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Sarumarine

Boss fights in this game do take damn forever, Leon especially.

However, I had a problem that sounds similar to yours with the Nemesis fight. A friend and I got into this loop where we kept pouring bullets on him but he wouldn't die. I want to say it has something to do with the game stalling out for a player or something. On my side of the game, everyone in the warehouse was dead including the zombies. While on his side of the game, zombies and Spec Ops were still hanging around. When we both died the fight started over for him but I was stuck on a black screen. I had to restart my console, but it was easy enough to join back in. Things worked fine after that. It only happened that one time, and it hasn't happened since. It still sucks though.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

Now try and fight against a player with that amount of health... the Heroes mode, it's a goddamn travesty even by ORC standards. And those are some low standards. Also lol at spoiler-tag, like the story actually matters.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BoOzak

Nice way to go about killing Leon ;p

For me it was pretty straight foward, several rounds to the face on veteran and boom, no more RE4 ;(

I hadnt actually come across many bugs with the game to be honest. I was dissapointed with the endings though, they could've at least done some CG to make it slightly less bland.

(kinda pissed that the one random guy we had with us on my playthrough decided to skip the good ending...)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yummylee

@BoOzak: What's worse is how they never shown what the repercussions would be... whether the chain of events would lead to a new world order of Spanish midgets and hoi hitlering, or whether Ada would go crazy without a rookie cop to tease. Better yet, Claire totally gets killed as well... I would have loved if we got to see if Chris just went overboard and falcon-punched himself to death out of sorrow.

The amount of stupid possibilities was infinite! And they fucking squandered it for two equally lame endings that don't give any pay off to what was essentially their sole promo push.

EDIT: They could have just done it like in RE3, with the epilogues, only this time they'd explain what happened to all of the other characters within the verse had Leon died.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By Yanngc33

That's pretty bad. I can't believe they fucked this game up so bad

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Vorbis

One friend decided to save Leon and since we were on Veteran it was 3v2, Leon did all the work. It made the ending rather funny as Vector, the only survivor, was talking about how "We" didn't trust Umbrella anymore and "We" were going to spare Leon.

Having said that it was pretty cool to have a Final Fight/Streets of Rage style ending.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vanek

I've literally just finished the game and I was confused as hell! I played on normal on my own and somehow I went from the choice to kill or save him into a black screen and without any explanation into a 3v2 fight against him. I really do feel like I missed a cut scene or something.

I won it first time, but only buy using the sniper rifle and getting out of his range. I tried to do it normally but has insane damage, range and accuracy and I'd run out of herbs. Bleh, it really feels like a rushed ending to be honest ... >.<

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yummylee

@Vanek said:

I've literally just finished the game and I was confused as hell! I played on normal on my own and somehow I went from the choice to kill or save him into a black screen and without any explanation into a 3v2 fight against him. I really do feel like I missed a cut scene or something.

I won it first time, but only buy using the sniper rifle and getting out of his range. I tried to do it normally but has insane damage, range and accuracy and I'd run out of herbs. Bleh, it really feels like a rushed ending to be honest ... >.<

I think it fits in nicely with the overall quality for the rest of the game.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Issues with the ending? I think I heard that somewhere before.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By falserelic

It amazed me how Leon can take more bullets then M.X and Nemesis. Fighting Leon just felt broken to me. All the boss fights were lame to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.