Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

In this multiplayer-focused shooter, the evil Umbrella Corporation and the U.S. Government clash in the hellish zombie-infested remains of Raccoon City in a battle for survival and control of the truth.

Nemesis Mode, exclusive to 360.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Yeah, so it's basically just a deathmatch variant that also includes Nemesis that you can awaken and have tag along as your own friendly neighbourhood tentacle maestro; you don't actually get to play as Nemesis. Oh, and.... exclusive to the 360? What the shittington is all this fuckery? We're still doing this?... Really? And it's actually a whole multiplayer mode, though an uninspired one to be fair.

First the hilariously desperate plot to taking the RE6 demo temporarily hostage on the 360, and now this? I personally own both consoles btw, so no bias; I'd be just as befuddled if this was a PS3 exclusive. And again, the mode doesn't even look that inventive (the game itself isn't inspiring a lot of confidence either, but that's beside the point), but the actual practise of locking a multiplayer mode to one out of the three consoles (possibly forever? There was no mention of whether it was timed or not) is some diabolical bollocks - diabollocks.. Then again, this must be the trade-off for SF x Tekken receiving those extra characters. Oh well, jus' CAPCOM being CAPCOM I suppose...

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Meh. It would be cool if you could control it. OR if that the other team blew up the computer he went berserk and attacked both sides. But that seems kinda meh. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Yummylee

@The_Laughing_Man: They should of allowed both the Nemesis and the Mr X Tyrant playable for this mode; each one available for each team. Make for some great brawls. But yeah, what we have instead is a resounding meh.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

As shitty as this game will probably come out, something about competitive multi in an arena of non-aligned AI just really turns my crank. Splinter Cell Conviction had a 1-on-1 mode like this and it was just... you don't see it much. It adds such a great element.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

Is it just me or does that Nemesis look like shit? Like, worse than the renders in the PS1 version?

And to add further piss to the ire, Capcom is charging for this day one, co-marketed DLC. They want 320 points for it. For DLC that Microsoft clearly paid the exclusivity on. Well done Capcom!

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Abyssfull said:

@The_Laughing_Man: They should of allowed both the Nemesis and the Mr X Tyrant playable for this mode; each one available for each team. Make for some great brawls. But yeah, what we have instead is a resounding meh.

Lol. Then have both go insane and spawn camp both teams. 
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bed

wow. that's not really putting the game in a better light, especially compared to the one that it's already in.

i bet this game will get 2 or 3 S.T.A.R.S from Giant Bomb

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yummylee

@AjayRaz said:

i bet this game will get 2 or 3 S.T.A.R.S from Giant Bomb

Incredible.

Also I doubt that it'll even get reviewed; plenty of assuredly better games out there that they've skipped over for one reason or another. Still disappointed that they didn't even review Twisted Metal.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bed

@Abyssfull: to be frank i only said that so i could say S.T.A.R.S.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By iamjohn

I don't think Capcom has any idea what they're doing with this game.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TentPole

@dekkadekkadekka:

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@TentPole: Renders. As in, in the prerendered cutscenes.

Although I'd argue that the Nemesis looks more visually interesting in that screenshot than in the trailer for this game mode.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iAmJohn said:

They're making an action-oriented third person shooter to appeal to Western gamers.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TentPole

@dekkadekkadekka said:

@TentPole: Renders. As in, in the prerendered cutscenes.

Although I'd argue that the Nemesis looks more visually interesting in that screenshot than in the trailer for this game mode.

A pre-render is a render, but so is an in game model.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By SuperWristBands

Hmm... I havn't played RE3 so I don't know exactly what Nemisis does but isn't he an always present undefeatable threat? Nemisis should just be rollin' around blastin' fools.

I'd be interested in a game mode where I have to fight players and also run from something unkillable.

At least I think I would want that.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By N7
    @WilltheMagicAsian said:

@iAmJohn said:

They're making an action-oriented third person shooter to appeal to Western gamers.

Did you play Slant Six's last game? THEY couldn't make an action oriented third person shooter that appealed to Western gamers.
    Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Djratchet

It would have been cooler if one player got to control him, like how you could control a Big Daddy in BioShock 2's online.

Oh well, wasn't getting this before, not getting it now.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Yummylee

@SuperWristBands: Pretty much. He's one of video game's defining horror game villains, alongside the likes of Pyramid Head. It was almost nigh impossible to ''kill'' him, but you could often leave him unconscience after he'd receive so much punishment--which was still pretty difficult. What I am disliking about this iteration is how he doesn't run... or at least they haven't shown him. One of his most definable characteristics in RE3 was he was faster than you, and it made him very difficult to avoid. Admittedly this is also a very different brand of game over RE3 straight to the tone, but I just hope that they don't nerf Nemesis for the sake of ''action shooter, yo''. Nemesis needs to stay threatening and as the kind of entity that you're genuinely afraid to face, otherwise he loses a lot of what's made him so distinctive.

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By QuistisTrepe

@Abyssfull said:

@SuperWristBands: but I just hope that they don't nerf Nemesis for the sake of ''action shooter, yo''. Nemesis needs to stay threatening and as the kind of entity that you're genuinely afraid to face, otherwise he loses a lot of what's made him so distinctive.

That ship already sailed my friend. RE: Umbrella Chronicles already took care of that.

Avatar image for live2brighteous
    Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Live2bRighteous

It's safe to say I'm going to cancel my PS3 pre order and give my money to rockstar instead. I was already worried about the articles saying the game wasn't that spiffy.. and hearing about this totally set me off. Nice job Capcom.

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By QuistisTrepe

@N7 said:

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

@iAmJohn said:

Did you play Slant Six's last game? THEY couldn't make an action oriented third person shooter that appealed to Western gamers.

All I heard was that these were the guys behind SOCOM, but that appears to be misleading. I honestly don't know what Capcom was thinking with this bunch. Then again, Guerilla Games was decidedly mediocre and worked their way to legitimacy. Perhaps I'm trying way too hard to be optimistic.

I just read up on this story. This doesn't make any sense to me. Exclusives are a nuisance and they're here to stay, but a paid DLC exclusive? I cannot imagine this feature is going to be a huge draw of any kind.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By eroticfishcake

I'd buy a 360 for this if there was a button that specifically make him mutter "Staaaaaarsss...." whenever I want to. That aside, I'm not sure how I feel about where the series is going.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.