Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

In this multiplayer-focused shooter, the evil Umbrella Corporation and the U.S. Government clash in the hellish zombie-infested remains of Raccoon City in a battle for survival and control of the truth.

New footage has peaked my interest

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

So new footage is out and as a long time RE fan (played all of them but the rail shooters) I think this game is looking to be better than I previously thought. It is of course not Resident Evil 6 but for what it is which they aren't hiding its looking good. I know most people haven't been so hot on and still won't be, but I hope this might turn the corner for you as it did me.  Also you can compare it too L4D all you want I would gladly play that game in the RE universe.
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SSully

I think it can be a pretty cool spin off. Slant Slix, the developers, actually have done a decent job with shooters. Despite what reviews said Socom Confrontation was a good game, and a competent shooter.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By kingzetta

embed the video people hate having to jump through hoop.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @kingzetta: Fixed for lazy people
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By falserelic

I'm a resident evil fan too. But I don't know what to think of operation raccoon city. I guess well see how the game turnsout in the future.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By SuperWristBands

This game is the only big name Capcom game that they've released/will release in a long, long time that I haven't been interested in. This interview makes me slightly less uninterested because I thought you were playing as Umbrella trying to kill Leon or some shit before. Still doesn't look all that hot though. Rather not have four-player co-op. Two was fine.

BUCK3TM4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BUCK3TM4N

i was skeptical till this video, i just hope its has more scary

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Captain_Insano

*piqued, not peaked (pronounced the same though)

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MiniPato

I was always confused about what this game is supposed to be. Is it primarily a L4D style co-op campaign game or is it a competitive shooter game with zombies in it? What's the main mechanic of the game they're pushing? I had zero interest in this game because I thought it was just going to be focused on competitive shooting, but a co-op campaign has me interest. But I'm still not convinced about the shooting gameplay. I only know Slant Six for Confrontation and I didn't enjoy that very much.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee

Is this the video that confirms ole Nemmy? Too lazy to sit through an ad and I may of already seen it...But yeah I'm actually surprised by how hastily my optimism rose from that one trailer alone; the amount of fanservice is fuckin' buldging out of the eye-balls at this point. Nemesis, William Birkin, Mr X, H.U.N.K and even the most generically evil-badass-Russian ever?! And maybe it is the fanboygasm that erupted within me, but even the shooting itself (which I had no qualms with on a design level, but it did look kinda shoddy during all of the gameplay vids) looks a lot better than I remember during that trailer when they gave the odd glimpse. Colour me excited for March 2012, at the very least.

EDIT: here's the trailer I was on about, btw.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I had no interest before. I am now way interested, thanks for posting this. (Especially since it seems there will be a PC release, yay!)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @xobballox: No problem. I think a lot of people didnt have an interest in it including myself. Just this video really turned me around on it and I can't wait to get my hands on it
    PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PillClinton

Wait, is that RE5 Chris Redfield's voice actor voicing Leon??? What the fuck is going on here?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Abyssfull said:

Is this the video that confirms ole Nemmy? Too lazy to sit through an ad and I may of already seen it...But yeah I'm actually surprised by how hastily my optimism rose from that one trailer alone; the amount of fanservice is fuckin' buldging out of the eye-balls at this point. Nemesis, William Birkin, Mr X, H.U.N.K and even the most generically evil-badass-Russian ever?! And maybe it is the fanboygasm that erupted within me, but even the shooting itself (which I had no qualms with on a design level, but it did look kinda shoddy during all of the gameplay vids) looks a lot better than I remember during that trailer when they gave the odd glimpse. Colour me excited for March 2012, at the very least.

EDIT: here's the trailer I was on about, btw.

yup thats the one. Awesome trailer too

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.