Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Revelations

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 26, 2012

Resident Evil: Revelations is a full, story-driven Resident Evil title in which Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine split up to investigate a new conspiracy, with new partners Parker and Jessica.

Resident Evil: Revelations - Release Dates Announced

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro
    No Caption Provided

Nintendo have issued release dates for Capcom's 3DS exclusive, Resident Evil: Revelations, in both North America and Europe. The game will be launching in Europe on January 27th, while fans in North America will have to wait a touch longer - February 7th. Nintendo will be handling all marketing and sales of the title, while Capcom will handle publishing. Nintendo also confirmed the game will be compatible with the upcoming 3DS Slide Pad attachment.

No Caption Provided

Those who pre-order from GameStop will receive a protective case with light-changing fascia
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

What kind of game is this?

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Contro

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Survival Horror

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Contro said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Action survival horror.

Resident Evil 4/5 like? This information is probably a few simple clicks away but I'm being lazy, even by my standards.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Contro

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Contro said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Action survival horror.

Resident Evil 4/5 like? This information is probably a few simple clicks away but I'm being lazy, even by my standards.

It's merging styles from both 4 & 5, but they created the game with a clear intention to get back to Resident Evil roots, so the gameplay is designed to increase tension like earlier games, using the 3D effect to help whenever possible.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Contro said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Contro said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Action survival horror.

It's merging of styles from both 4 & 5, but they created the game with a clear intention to get back to Resident Evil roots, so the gameplay is designed to increase tension like earlier games, using the 3D effect to help whenever possible.

That sounds potentially great. I liked the trailer you edited into your last post. Weird I never heard of this until right now.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By ahgunsillyo

That's some pretty terrible box art, but I'm still actually looking forward to this game. 

@Contro said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Contro said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Action survival horror.

It's merging of styles from both 4 & 5, but they created the game with a clear intention to get back to Resident Evil roots, so the gameplay is designed to increase tension like earlier games, using the 3D effect to help whenever possible.

I played the demo at PAX, and Contro is correct here.  There's a heavier emphasis on acquiring "key" items that will open up the next path, and I felt that there was a much smaller ammo economy in the game.  I actually ran out of ammo during the demo, which never really happened to me at all in 4 or 5.  Also, and I'm not sure if this is representative of the final game, but the combat in the demo appeared to lack limb-specific damage, nor did it seem to have the staple combat knife.  To that end, I really hope that they incorporate both of those, because those added a great deal of strategy to the combat, which is especially crucial if ammo is going to be relatively limited.  We'll see, I guess.
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I really do hope they change the box art as it is terrible how it is now.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

@OllyOxenFree said:

I really do hope they change the box art as it is terrible how it is now.

It reminds me of the Deep Rising movie poster.... which is kinda both good and bad... it is pretty yucky, but for it to resonate with an equally ham-handed horror trek on a boat isn't the worst comparison.

Anywhoo I'm... marginally excited for Revelations. I can't play the damn thing because I don't have a 3DS, but I'm curious all the same since it looks like it's going to play a pretty focal part, story-wise, within the series. I'm especially intrigued to find out if it's actually set before or after RE5.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@ahgunsillyo said:

That's some pretty terrible box art, but I'm still actually looking forward to this game.

@Contro said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Contro said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Action survival horror.

I played the demo at PAX, and Contro is correct here. There's a heavier emphasis on acquiring "key" items that will open up the next path, and I felt that there was a much smaller ammo economy in the game. I actually ran out of ammo during the demo, which never really happened to me at all in 4 or 5. Also, and I'm not sure if this is representative of the final game, but the combat in the demo appeared to lack limb-specific damage, nor did it seem to have the staple combat knife. To that end, I really hope that they incorporate both of those, because those added a great deal of strategy to the combat, which is especially crucial if ammo is going to be relatively limited. We'll see, I guess.

Yeah, I can't see that combat working without limb damage/melee attacks and the knife. I hope Capcom is smart enough to know that although they have made some baffling design choices before.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Contro

I don't think it has limb damage, not on the evidence of the show demo or the one included with Mercs. I don't think it matters.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Contro

Japanese Limited Edition

This includes a BSAA cloth shoulder bag and a special bonus point reward for members of Resident Evil's Club 96 fan club. The LE is priced ¥8,990.

No Caption Provided

Those who buy the initial print run of either version will get a DVD called "Revelations Report". This includes "Jessica's Report", an introduction to the game by the Jessica character. The DVD also has a collection of trailers and developer interviews.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.