Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Revelations

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 26, 2012

Resident Evil: Revelations is a full, story-driven Resident Evil title in which Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine split up to investigate a new conspiracy, with new partners Parker and Jessica.

wow it took me a long time to realize this was on pc

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I heard that revelations was on ps3 but I after staring at the banner on greenmangaming and steam many times, i never realized it was also a pc release. Is this game worth playing on this platform?...should i wait until the eventual 4$ steam sale?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By handlas

Well... there's a demo. And it literally took 15 minutes to d/l it.

I'm one of the so very few that liked RE6. Take that as you will. I played the demo on PS3 and it just felt (and looked) too much like a handheld game ported to a console. Felt pretty rudimentary and looked bland. Which it is a handheld game so that makes sense but if I were to play it I'd rather play it on the DS (don't own one).

Codebreaker62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@handlas said:

Well... there's a demo. And it literally took 15 minutes to d/l it.

I'm one of the so very few that liked RE6. Take that as you will. I played the demo on PS3 and it just felt (and looked) too much like a handheld game ported to a console. Felt pretty rudimentary and looked bland. Which it is a handheld game so that makes sense but if I were to play it I'd rather play it on the DS (don't own one).

agreed. Enjoyed my playthrough of the game but besides the character models everything was very low res. Jill and Chris looked great but the textures appeared to be about 4x4 and covered in mud.

Avatar image for differenceengine
    DifferenceEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DifferenceEngine

Just finished Revelations. I can't believe people actually paid $50 for this game and Capcom should be ashamed that they they set the MSRP at $50. I paid $12.50 for it a few months ago during a Steam Midweek Madness sale and I still think I may have overpaid for it.

It was mildly amusing, but so decidedly mediocre. It's a shame that RE is little more than a cash generator to Capcom rather than a respected long running franchise that they handle with any kind of pride.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Just finished Revelations. I can't believe people actually paid $50 for this game and Capcom should be ashamed that they they set the MSRP at $50. I paid $12.50 for it a few months ago during a Steam Midweek Madness sale and I still think I may have overpaid for it.

It was mildly amusing, but so decidedly mediocre. It's a shame that RE is little more than a cash generator to Capcom rather than a respected long running franchise that they handle with any kind of pride.

To be fair, the console and PC versions are all ports of a game that was originally designed for the 3DS. And I suspect that the only reason that they ported the game to every platform they could was to make money/get the bad taste of RE6 out of people's mouths.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

I picked it up for $20 on the 3DS and thoroughly enjoyed it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

It's... decent. It's a port of a 3DS game. It's not going to set your world on fire, but as far as Resident Evil games that came out in 2012 are concerned, it's easily the best, and Raid Mode is legitimately cool if you have someone to play it with.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's... decent. It's a port of a 3DS game. It's not going to set your world on fire, but as far as Resident Evil games that came out in 2012 are concerned, it's easily the best, and Raid Mode is legitimately cool if you have someone to play it with.

The Wii U version's Miiverse shenanigans are a nice touch, too.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By RonGalaxy

This game should have come to the vita :(

Jacktrote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@differenceengine To be fair, the console and PC versions are all ports of a game that was originally designed for the 3DS.

o.O

DifferenceEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DifferenceEngine

@hailinel: Playing through this was like cracking open a cheap beer to guzzle down after you're already hungover (yes, from the also mediocre RE6). I felt that even though it was originally launched on for a portable, that the game was still of mediocre design. More could have been done. Perhaps I'm being so harsh from the cumulative effect of four consecutive WTF releases under the RE brand. It's like Capcom just doesn't care anymore.

And again, I found it laughable that Capcom launched this game at such a high price especially when RE6 was $39.99 at launch.

May as well get some use out of RAID mode.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The game was good... on 3ds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It performs too well on a PC. I've only played the demo (try out the demo!), but I had horrible screen tearing even with vsync turned on. I also couldn't figure out how to aim well with the mouse, which wasn't a problem in RE5. Turning the camera around was too sensitive, and once your mouse stopped moving, the camera would auto-center itself.

My advice would be to download the PC demo and give it a spin. And use a controller, because those unpatched mouse and keyboard controls are atrocious.

DifferenceEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.