Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil

Franchise »

Capcom's Resident Evil (or Biohazard in Japan) series continues to draw in players with its stories of hideous mutations and the pharmaceutical company Umbrella Inc. It is Capcom's best-selling franchise in terms of software sales.

"Capcom. Call me. We can fix Resident Evil. Together.”-Cliffy B

• 68 results
    OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By OneManX

Sure why not... whatever Capcom did with RE6.. thanks, but no thanks? Give Cliffy a bag of money and a white board.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By Dagbiker

I wish I could just tweet people, telling them they suck at their job, and that I can fix it for them, without losing my job.

Oh, wait...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
    deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

All I want Capcom to do with Resident Evil at this point is remake 2 and 3 like they did for the first game because that was amazing.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By MikkaQ

Well if cheaply copying American style shooters is Capcom's MO, at least hiring a good American developer will go a long way to making them somewhat competent.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By ProfessorEss

@Nightriff said:

I actually think it would be great. I think Cliffy knows that RE is supposed to be survival horror and would adjust accordingly.

I agree. I find it hard to believe that Cliff would have much desire to make another game exactly like Gears right now and even harder to believe that he would do it with a franchise like RE.

@Nightriff said:

At least you would know that the game would control better than ever. I want to see this but my understanding of Capcom is this won't ever happen

What would never happen? That Capcom would hand RE over to Cliff or that Capcom would actually allow someone to make a Resident Evil game with good controls?

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Benny

@mwng said:

Seems a little insulting towards Capcom to assume Resident Evil needs fixing.

@Barrabas said:

A lot of people are taking what was obviously a joke twitter post way too seriously.

@FluxWaveZ said:

Nothing will come of this.

I'd only have written a paragraph that basically made all of these points, so I thought I'd quote them all instead. The series is absolutely in need of reinvention and we all know it's one of the few big games Capcom has left so they'll definitely do something with it in the future, but this whole thing just stinks of the 'western developer holier than thou' attitude that really grates on me. They are absolutely capable of handling the series on their own or it wouldn't have become so popular in the first place.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By jakob187

I think people seem to forget that Cliffy B has been a consistently vocal fan of the Resident Evil franchise since its inception. Just because he made Unreal Tournament and Gears of War, that doesn't mean it's the exact same direction he would take with a new entry if he got his hands on it.

With that said, I'm pretty sure anything that Cliffy B was able to produce with the Resident Evil franchise would be about 700 times better than the last three releases that franchise saw (RE5, ORC, and RE6).

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By august

@Benny said:

They are absolutely capable of handling the series on their own or it wouldn't have become so popular in the first place.

Yes, because a company never becomes a creatively bankrupt shell of its former self.

That never happens.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jack268
    @jakob187: REvelaitons was released later than RE5 though and it was pretty good. They should just get that director to do every RE game instead of handheld titles.
    nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By nightriff

@ProfessorEss said:

What would never happen? That Capcom would hand RE over to Cliff or that Capcom would actually allow someone to make a Resident Evil game with good controls?

That Capcom and Cliffy would get together and make something (special?) happen. Just my view of Capcom is that they do whatever they want until sales dip below expectations and they then look to what fans (somewhat) want. I assume RE6 sold gangbusters even though it was completely shit on by reviews so why fix what ain't broke.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Benny

@august: Capcom's a biiiiiiig ol' company, I'm sure there's new ideas there, they just need to take a risk on them now instead of playing it safe with another boilerplate third person cover based shooter.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By Sooty

Well, Cliffy is the expert on boring action games.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#63  Edited By Yummylee

The only thing left is for them to just reboot the entire thing for next-gen consoles, use that as an excuse to finally just settle on one particular style of gameplay and tone, and carry it from there. If they can't even do that right, then it's time for them to burn the offices down and claim the insurance.

There's only so far they can string along their fanbase, and after the colossal Resident Evil Apocalypse of 2012, I can't imagine that a Resident Evil 7 would instantly sell the numbers they're used to raking in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@FluxWaveZ said:

Nothing will come of this.

Except the laugh I had when I read it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Gears of War was to be a horror squad-based shooter, but I guess that went to shit because of rushed design decisions and a strict deadline for the original back in 2005-06. But even after that respectable screw up, Cliff always wanted to make a horror game in the end. I guess this is his chance to show his true colors.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#66  Edited By Yummylee

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

Gears of War was to be a horror squad-based shooter, but I guess that went to shit because of rushed design decisions and a strict deadline for the original back in 2005-06. But even after that respectable screw up, Cliff always wanted to make a horror game in the end. I guess this is his chance to show his true colors.

It definitely shows in some areas. The rainy storms with those lambent wretches was a little ominous to say the least, as was the kryll infested streets.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By cannonballbam

Just let it die and come up with a new idea already.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68  Edited By dichemstys

At least it'd be something different.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.