Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil

Franchise »

Capcom's Resident Evil (or Biohazard in Japan) series continues to draw in players with its stories of hideous mutations and the pharmaceutical company Umbrella Inc. It is Capcom's best-selling franchise in terms of software sales.

Hey, here's an idea

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Deusoma

You know what I want to see?

I wanna see a prequel game about S.T.A.R.S.. A tactical action SWAT-style game where you deal with bank robberies, hostage situations, and bomb threats in Raccoon City instead of zombies, mutants, parasites, or other assorted abominations against nature. I mean, it seems the Resident Evil setting was fairly normal before 1998, let's see that in action.

Think about it, make our man Barry Burton the player character and let you give the rest of the squad orders so you can flank the bad guys, check enemy positions, switch to non-lethal force, or, I don't know, throw tear gas into random windows. I don't have much experience with these kinds of games, admittedly. 

But methinks it'd still be fun to hear Jill making fun of Wesker in the middle of a mission for never taking off his sunglasses, or to call in Rebecca for first aid if Chris takes a shot in the leg. Plus, we would get to see more of the other S.T.A.R.S. members like Kevin Dooley than their dramatically mutilated bodies.

Anyone else like this idea? Suggestions?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Then its not Resident evil...At least 4 and  5 had tie ins from the virus.  

That would just be a SWAT game. 

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Evilsbane

I think if you still wanna call it Resident evil you need zombies. Otherwise it would just be a clunky third person shooter.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bicycleham

I actually like this idea. But seeing how STARS stands for Special Tactics and Rescue Squad it might be something along the lines of the cs_ maps from Counter Strike.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Evilsbane said:
    " I think if you still wanna call it Resident evil you need zombies. Otherwise it would just be a clunky third person shooter. "
    Maybe RIGHT when the infection started to get bad. Or something like that. 
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Gabriel

Total Reboot or bust.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Evilsbane
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Evilsbane said:
    " I think if you still wanna call it Resident evil you need zombies. Otherwise it would just be a clunky third person shooter. "
    Maybe RIGHT when the infection started to get bad. Or something like that.  "
    Yea whatever, as long as there are zombie lol.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Evilsbane said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Evilsbane said:
    Yea whatever, as long as there are zombie lol. "
    Or something that can offend a certain race..and ties into the "lore" for Resident evil..(heh) 
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Evilsbane
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @Evilsbane said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Evilsbane said:
    Yea whatever, as long as there are zombie lol. "
    Or something that can offend a certain race..and ties into the "lore" for Resident evil..(heh)  "
    OH OH Please lets have the next one set in Cuba so we can make our way to murder Zombie Castro while laying waste to the people.

Edit: Spoilers Castro is actually Wesker!!!!!
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't understand why we can't get a T-Virus plotline using the Resident Evil 4/5 control scheme. I'd love to see that, and I was really hoping for it with the new DLC.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Jeust

A Resident Evil Tactics game could be done of it.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Deusoma

Okay, the "it's not Resident Evil without monsters" thing is a fair point. Maybe they could call it "S.T.A.R.S. Special Mission Archive" (or something less crappy) and slap a fat THE PREQUEL TO RESIDENT EVIL starburst on the front of the case. 

But I think at most, you'd have the zombies introduced about halfway through the game, I'd want to see the S.T.A.R.S. team doing the things they were actually hired to do. 

And I think they would have to have to make a whole new game engine for it, or at least improve on the combat engine from RE4/5. For starters, a better cover system would be necessary for this kind of tactical business.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Deusoma said:
    " Okay, the "it's not Resident Evil without monsters" thing is a fair point. Maybe they could call it "S.T.A.R.S. Special Mission Archive" (or something less crappy) and slap a fat THE PREQUEL TO RESIDENT EVIL starburst on the front of the case.   But I think at most, you'd have the zombies introduced about halfway through the game, I'd want to see the S.T.A.R.S. team doing the things they were actually hired to do.   And I think they would have to have to make a whole new game engine for it, or at least improve on the combat engine from RE4/5. For starters, a better cover system would be necessary for this kind of tactical business. "
    Same can be said. Can not have S.T.A.R.S With out the monsters. And we do not need any more " lore" in the RE series...
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By jonnyboy

Not a totally bad idea, if it started with criminals and ended with zombies is would change the pace. It would be nice if it location jumped as well, MW2 style between barry and co and the first S.T.A.R.S team (Alpha team?) that dissapeared at the mansion. Ending with Bravo team getting the call to go rescue them.

Now that I would play.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ninjakiller

Could be interesting, but it'll never happen. 

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By CaptainObvious

It needs more Boulder punching.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By JJOR64

Needs more Zombies and bad dialog.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.