Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil

Franchise »

Capcom's Resident Evil (or Biohazard in Japan) series continues to draw in players with its stories of hideous mutations and the pharmaceutical company Umbrella Inc. It is Capcom's best-selling franchise in terms of software sales.

If It Were Brought Back

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Akeldama

If Resident Evil was brought back to the old fixed camera, psychological horror of its glory days (in my opinion) and dropped all the new dumb cliches, do you think it would sell well (in general, not compared to RE4 and RE5)?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

No. I do not think it would sell very well. The word that many people hate there is "fixed camera."

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Sooperspy

It wouldnt sell well, but I would buy it, the original resident evils are great

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Akeldama
    @Redbullet685 said:
    " It wouldnt sell well, but I would buy it, the original resident evils are great "
    how many people like you and i do you think would buy it though? There is definitely a market for the old school japanese horror games.
    naggardly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By naggardly

Whether the camera is fixed or not won't change the fact that resident evil is gay.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By clubsandwich
    @naggardly said:
    " Whether the camera is fixed or not won't change the fact that resident evil is gay. "
    your opinion is gay lollololollollolloll

I think it would sell pretty well, there's a lot of fans of the old school Resident Evil's. The remake on the gamecube sold really well, considering the few owners the GC had. It may not sell as much as RE4 and RE5 did, but I'm positive that it could surpass the 1M mark.
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By eclipsesis
    @clubsandwich said:
    " @naggardly said:
    " Whether the camera is fixed or not won't change the fact that resident evil is gay. "
    your opinion is gay lollololollollolloll  I think it would sell pretty well, there's a lot of fans of the old school Resident Evil's. The remake on the gamecube sold really well, considering the few owners the GC had. It may not sell as much as RE4 and RE5 did, but I'm positive that it could surpass the 1M mark. "

i second that
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HandsomeDead

I think that the only thing that would stop that from being a success is the fixed camera. If you kept the camera tight behind the shoulder, in the narrow corridors of the Spencer Mansion, that could still keep the tension high without relying on the awkward angle gimmick.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By zyn

Keep the co-op (I like the co-op) but re-add the zombies.  Boom!  Resident Evil 6!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#10  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " I think that the only thing that would stop that from being a success is the fixed camera. If you kept the camera tight behind the shoulder, in the narrow corridors of the Spencer Mansion, that could still keep the tension high without relying on the awkward angle gimmick. "
    That could work. Although, I think RE2 would be more suited for that kind of hybrid gameplay. 

But yes, I would buy an old-style RE game, as long as it had puzzles and creepy atmosphere.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.