Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil

Franchise »

Capcom's Resident Evil (or Biohazard in Japan) series continues to draw in players with its stories of hideous mutations and the pharmaceutical company Umbrella Inc. It is Capcom's best-selling franchise in terms of software sales.

My Resident Evil PC Collection

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

Edited By psykhophear

I'm proud to own the first three Resident Evil games (1, 2 and 3: Nemesis) including 4 and 5- all PC versions. The first trilogy is rare and hard to find but I managed to get them (still in their original packaging) but with an expensive price. However, it was all worth it and I couldn't be anymore happier. The only problem is playing them. Since 1, 2 and Nemesis were made during the late 90s, making them to work on a latest computer will result to a lot of compatibility problems, especially the first one. Depending on the type of graphics card you have, sometimes the game will work and sometimes it doesn't.

I had a lot of problem getting the first Resident Evil to work because during the installation process, it asks us to choose which graphics card to use and if you choose to wrong one, it'll result to a lot of complications such as audio problems, graphic glitches, and show stoppers. I did manage to install the game successfully on my Sony Vaio laptop and I was able to finish the game without any problems but when I tried playing it on my Dell desktop, it doesn't work.

2 and 3: Nemesis worked well but 2 seems to have problem with the saving system. 4 and 5 of course have no compatibility problems whatsoever since they're the most recent games to come. Once again, I'm very pleased to own all five Resident Evil games PC version but then I realized one game is missing: Code Veronica X, which is the only canon RE game that was not ported to the PC and it makes you wonder, why not? If they port all the other games to PC, why not Code Veronica X? 

No Caption Provided

If there's one I wish Capcom would grant me is to port Code: Veronica X to the PC and make a compilation of all six Resident Evil games into one through retail or through Steam. And it's Windows XP compatible. That'll be awesome. Ok I know, that was two wishes but what the heck?    
    psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By psykhophear

I'm proud to own the first three Resident Evil games (1, 2 and 3: Nemesis) including 4 and 5- all PC versions. The first trilogy is rare and hard to find but I managed to get them (still in their original packaging) but with an expensive price. However, it was all worth it and I couldn't be anymore happier. The only problem is playing them. Since 1, 2 and Nemesis were made during the late 90s, making them to work on a latest computer will result to a lot of compatibility problems, especially the first one. Depending on the type of graphics card you have, sometimes the game will work and sometimes it doesn't.

I had a lot of problem getting the first Resident Evil to work because during the installation process, it asks us to choose which graphics card to use and if you choose to wrong one, it'll result to a lot of complications such as audio problems, graphic glitches, and show stoppers. I did manage to install the game successfully on my Sony Vaio laptop and I was able to finish the game without any problems but when I tried playing it on my Dell desktop, it doesn't work.

2 and 3: Nemesis worked well but 2 seems to have problem with the saving system. 4 and 5 of course have no compatibility problems whatsoever since they're the most recent games to come. Once again, I'm very pleased to own all five Resident Evil games PC version but then I realized one game is missing: Code Veronica X, which is the only canon RE game that was not ported to the PC and it makes you wonder, why not? If they port all the other games to PC, why not Code Veronica X? 

No Caption Provided

If there's one I wish Capcom would grant me is to port Code: Veronica X to the PC and make a compilation of all six Resident Evil games into one through retail or through Steam. And it's Windows XP compatible. That'll be awesome. Ok I know, that was two wishes but what the heck?    
    tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By tmthomsen

I'm pretty sure that Resident Evil Survivor was ported to PC as well. The game was pretty shitty, but as a collector you should check it out.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By psykhophear
    @TMThomsen: Yeah, that game was a lot of crap but  it has its charm I guess.
    Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Lunar_Aura

It may not be kosher, but there's dreamcast emulators out there that may help with your Code Veronica problem. Just saiyan.
    psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By psykhophear
    @LunarAura: I'm aware of the emulation but I prefer to be original. :)
    XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By XenoNick

I've been doing the same thing with the gamecube versions. Just having trouble finding CV:X at a reasonable price.

Dahlia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Dahlia

I took the easier route and bought the Gamecube / Wii counterparts, wish I still had my original RE2 for the PC, the gigantic box alone made it worth buying. 

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Vanek

Yeah, I tried Resident Evil 2 & 3 on the PC and got sick of the glitches and problems.  Ended up buying the PS1 versions and playing them on the PS3.  I've got 1 (REmake), Zero and 4 for the Gamecube/Wii and I never liked Code Veronica.  =) 

It's also pretty easy to find the first trilogy on the PC for next to nothing.  You might not get the original packaging, but you still get it brand new. 

Avatar image for anamericanpatriot
    AnAmericanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By AnAmericanPatriot

MAN this is REALLY fucking old.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.