Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil

Franchise »

Capcom's Resident Evil (or Biohazard in Japan) series continues to draw in players with its stories of hideous mutations and the pharmaceutical company Umbrella Inc. It is Capcom's best-selling franchise in terms of software sales.

RE6 Trailer

• 78 results
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#51  Edited By bed

@SuperWristBands said:

@Abyssfull said:

@AjayRaz said:

that looks pretty good. glad to see Leon is back. also, was that Ashley during the Chris portion of the trailer? the one that was all "the world need you!" or something.

You mean the Troy Baker portion? And I suppose it does look like her, and CAPCOM are a fan of randomly reintroducing characters into the scene, so it could be. The President's dead after all, so you could figure that she became a fighter or something something something.

It sounds just like her to me. She ranks pretty high on my list of least favourite RE characters... maybe they will make her not suck so hard? Who knows. Still, as was said earlier: "Splooooooooooosh" So god damn excited. I wonder how many boulders Chris will face in deadly combat.

i hope the boulder from RE5 comes for it's revengence but this time it's infected

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By Entreri10

This has got me pretty excited now.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By XenoNick

*Pasted from other thread*

" Thought it looked pretty damn impressive. (Being a HUGE RE fan though I tend to always get excited)

Also being set 10 years after the Raccon city incident sets the game in 2008 which would set it before the events of Resi 5 so no Jill or Wesker *As they were both presumed dead*.

Leon also looking a lot older. "

I am also really surprised of a 2012 release date. 3 RE games in one year. :P

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#54  Edited By Yummylee

@AjayRaz said:

@SuperWristBands said:

@Abyssfull said:

@AjayRaz said:

that looks pretty good. glad to see Leon is back. also, was that Ashley during the Chris portion of the trailer? the one that was all "the world need you!" or something.

You mean the Troy Baker portion? And I suppose it does look like her, and CAPCOM are a fan of randomly reintroducing characters into the scene, so it could be. The President's dead after all, so you could figure that she became a fighter or something something something.

It sounds just like her to me. She ranks pretty high on my list of least favourite RE characters... maybe they will make her not suck so hard? Who knows. Still, as was said earlier: "Splooooooooooosh" So god damn excited. I wonder how many boulders Chris will face in deadly combat.

i hope the boulder from RE5 comes for it's revengence but this time it's infected

Kinda like the Rock of Ages game... only Chris is hiding inside the castle.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By Wemibelle

Looks like the whole co-op mechanic will be back which would be a huge disappointment. I'm all for a co-op mode for when you have a human partner but I'd prefer my single player game to not be bogged down with managing an AI partner.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Yummylee

@wemibelec90 said:

Looks like the whole co-op mechanic will be back which would be a huge disappointment. I'm all for a co-op mode for when you have a human partner but I'd prefer my single player game to not be bogged down with managing an AI partner.

I think the cooperative gameplay will be tied only to the third character's story. Leon almost assuringly will be a solo affair, while Chris will most likely have some AI squad-mates for the sake of story.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @Abyssfull said:

@AjayRaz said:

@SuperWristBands said:

@Abyssfull said:

@AjayRaz said:

Kinda like the Rock of Ages game... only Chris is hiding inside the castle.

lmao! Get it made!
    Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#58  Edited By Commisar123

Those graphics....not so great, but it is still in development

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#59  Edited By MooseyMcMan  Online

CAN'T WAIT.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#60  Edited By ArbitraryWater

This is exactly the level of batshit crazy I want in my Resident Evil trailers. Without any context for anything, all of this stuff seems like delicious cheesy nonsense and as long as I can move while shooting and it isn't all co-op all the time I will probably buy this game. Because it's Resident Evil, even though what that actually means in the context of anything is muddy at this point.

WHO CARES? LEON S. KENNEDY BITCHES!

evan_buchholz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By evan_buchholz

I feel like people are getting off on this waaaaaaaaaaay more then they should....

It just looks like another Resident Evil 5 type game to me with MORE PRODUCTION VALUESSS!!!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Yummylee

@Evan_Buchholz said:

I feel like people are getting off on this waaaaaaaaaaay more then they should....

It just looks like another Resident Evil 5 type game to me with MORE PRODUCTION VALUESSS!!!

Are you kidding me? Everything about this looks leaps and bounds ahead of RE5. Also perhaps you missed the part where Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy are in the same numbered RE game.

Don't underestimate the amount of love that is still brewing for this series since the very beginning in 1996.

evan_buchholz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By evan_buchholz

Iunno I'll wait till I see from more of the gameplay because if it's just the same shoot the weak spot and Quick Time Event cutscene gameplay then eueuhhhhh.....

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DeShawn2ks

@Moztacular: That is who I thought it was when I first saw the trailer. When he mentioned something about getting paid for his blood it sounded like something Steve would say.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By kingzetta
    @Abyssfull said:

@Evan_Buchholz said:

Are you kidding me? Everything about this looks leaps and bounds ahead of RE5. Also perhaps you missed the part where Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy are in the same numbered RE game.

Don't underestimate the amount of love that is still brewing for this series since the very beginning in 1996.

also RE5 was really good too, so more of that would be just fine.
    webscud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By webscud

@wemibelec90: If you gave Sheva a rifle she was beyond lethal.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Yummylee

@WebScud said:

@wemibelec90: If you gave Sheva a rifle she was beyond lethal.

Absolutely. The disdain for Sheva's AI in RE5 seemed really harsh; stick her with a machine-gun + Sniper Rifle and she was golden.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#68  Edited By Wemibelle

@Abyssfull:

Sure, the AI was managable most of the time, even good sometimes. I can't help but remember parts like the Wesker fight where she gets in the way constantly or when she wouldn't follow me right and got downed, forcing me to run back.

Also, I like the idea of being alone in a zombie situation. Having another person to help you out drains a bit of the tension. Not damning to the game at all, just not as fun.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Yummylee

@wemibelec90 said:

@Abyssfull:

Sure, the AI was managable most of the time, even good sometimes. I can't help but remember parts like the Wesker fight where she gets in the way constantly or when she wouldn't follow me right and got downed, forcing me to run back.

Also, I like the idea of being alone in a zombie situation. Having another person to help you out drains a bit of the tension. Not damning to the game at all, just not as fun.

Oh, no, you're right about that; she couldn't function properly during the Wesker fight, sometimes just standing there holding a rocket, or attempting to reload the launcher at a really inopportune time. Also don't get me wrong, I really don't enjoy the idea of cooperative play in my RE, but speaking solely towards the actual AI in RE5, I think it was surprisingly effective for the most part and would even go as far as to say it's some of the best friendly AI in gaming.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By kishinfoulux

Here's hoping the PC version isn't delayed that much later.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#71  Edited By EightBitShik

Hell fucking yes! I am excited about this wooooooooo! and as far as AI with the "partner" I had no problems with her and she did what I wanted so GG.

razkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#72  Edited By razkazz

One thing that concerns me about the trailer is that it's being too Americanized.

The characters in Resident Evil have always been pretty chipper and oblivious to the horrific events surrounding them, and that's a huge part of the series' charm. Now Chris and Leon are calling women bitches and brooding all over the place.

But I have to admit, this seems like a hypocritical concern since I felt the goofy dialogue in Resident Evil 4 was completely out of place in an otherwise perfect horror game. So while part of me thinks they're finally bringing an archaic aspect up to speed with the rest of the features that have been modernized, another part worries that they're eliminating a defining staple of the series and there won't be anything left that reminds us where RE started.

But that's like a minor hangup for me, cuz this looks freaking great. Also, I only played through RE5 with a friend and fellow RE-lover and while it wasn't as memorable as RE4, we had a complete blast with it and I thought it was as impressive and full-featured as an RE game should be.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#73  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@razkazz said:

Also, I only played through RE5 with a friend and fellow RE-lover and while it wasn't as memorable as RE4, we had a complete blast with it and I thought it was as impressive and full-featured as an RE game should be.

Hahaha that's exactly what I did with my friend and I couldn't agree more.

Looks super neat. I loved Resident Evil 5 but at the same time I would have been so disappointed if it was the same game with no changes. This looks like Capcom is really going all out. Plus we get Leon back!!

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#74  Edited By clubsandwich

my body is ready

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's N'gai Croal to call this game racist cause the first Asian you see is carrying a video camera?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#76  Edited By monkeyking1969

All I see is melodramatic story exposition, over the top action, pretty pathetic voice acting, and game play I wouldn't want to touch with a ten-foot pole. I honestly do not un understandably why anyone can look at that and say, "I want to play that." The road from Bioharzard in 1996 to this -drivel pretending to be a game - is just sad.

Slayeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#77  Edited By Slayeric

I don't want 1/3 of a good game. :(

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By valrog

Chris' segments just seem... Too action oriented. Now, I understand Resident Evil 5 had a lot of action too, but this takes it even further. I'm not sure how I feel about this, if you think about it Resident Evil 5 did have "slow" moments, at least that's what I felt. Anyway, Leon with a new jacket. Sold.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.