Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil

Franchise »

Capcom's Resident Evil (or Biohazard in Japan) series continues to draw in players with its stories of hideous mutations and the pharmaceutical company Umbrella Inc. It is Capcom's best-selling franchise in terms of software sales.

Rumour: Resident Evil 7 XONE exclusive; Dino Crisis: Reborn?

• 71 results
    thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By thegoldencat7

If true then I would be less disappointed than I would have been had Resident Evil 6 not killed any and all hope that Capcom had the slightest clue what the hell to do with Resident Evil.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By GERALTITUDE

If MS is paying money to lockdown RE7 they are more lost than I expected. Highly doubt it, really doesnt seem like smart business.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Nashvilleskyline

@geraltitude: You realize that what you are saying don't make any kind of possible sense right?

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: You realize that what you are saying don't make any kind of possible sense right?

I think he makes perfect sense. Do you know the value of RE as a franchise? and what it would take to lock it down to one console? If any company have the dough to do it, it would be MS but thats like MS trying to lock down the next FF. Way too expensive and MS have a big war chest but not an unlimited one. Even if every single X1 owner buy RE7 it would still sell less than RE6. Just think about that for a moment.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By EXTomar

My immediate thought: They can have those. Enjoy!

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As a PS4 owner, the only way this exclusive could make me salty is if Leon S. Kennedy starred in it. If he's not the lead, then I'm indifferent.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By Hunter5024

I could see them releasing an exclusive Resident Evil game on xbox, but not Resident Evil 7.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft has said they have an exclusive with a Japanese publisher and it could be RE7. It would seem foolish on Capcoms part to have on of their most popular games as an exclusive with a system that isn't sellingas well as the other one. On the other hand RE4 was a Gamecube exclusive before it went multiplatform so you never know.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I could see them releasing an exclusive Resident Evil game on xbox, but not Resident Evil 7.

This definitely seems like a more realistic outcome. After all, with their intent to make Resident Evil their ''Call of Duty'' they were pushing pretty hard for both Operation Raccoon City and RE6 on the 360, by having exclusive DLC and of course showing off RE6 during the MS conference. So while the next big numbered Resident Evil being on Xbox only seems far fetched, it does seem plausible that they'll be continuing this stupid streak of theirs to garnish the 'Cod fanbase' by releasing another spin-off ala Operation Raccoon City on XB1.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Comparing a launch game to the success of a game 1 year in to a system's life seems pretty dumb.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

If it happens (not a chance in hell) it will be a true return to horror. RESIDENT EVIL: KINECT

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri said:

I don't usually like to comment on rumors and speculation, but this would make a lot of sense. I can't believe that Resident Evil 6 reached the expectations that Capcom had placed on it and they seem very pleased with how Dead Rising 3 did. Making RE7 an exclusive on either platform would guarantee them some solid marketing dollars and visibility. And the Resident Evil 4 rumor also makes sense because they already did the work to port it over to modern PC's and these consoles are essentially modern PC's.

They already had tons of marketing and visibility for RE6, so I doubt they see that as the key to success. Now cutting off a large segment of your potential customers there's the ticket to sales.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nah- if they're going to win over all those people that they alienated with RE6, they can't make it an exclusive. No way.

They need to make a polished game that's not a bad re-skin of RE4 (please for the love of God, I know your idea guy isn't there anymore, but please, do something different), and ship it to as many people as possible in order to revitilize the frnachise.

britxmenyuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@nashvilleskyline said:

I think he makes perfect sense. Do you know the value of RE as a franchise? and what it would take to lock it down to one console? If any company have the dough to do it, it would be MS but thats like MS trying to lock down the next FF. Way too expensive and MS have a big war chest but not an unlimited one. Even if every single X1 owner buy RE7 it would still sell less than RE6. Just think about that for a moment.

Yup! This is exactly what I meant

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Resident Evil 7??? But they didn't even make a Resident Evil 6!!!! *It's the only way to stop the pain* Also porting RE4 to the XONE wouldn't surprise since it's RE4. Mind you they never did a 3DS version which I think would've sold pretty well.

New Dino Crisis however? I'd be down for that

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By nightriff

REREmake will win us all back, right guys?

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjin977: And what if ( I highly doubt that though) RE 7 is great?

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that would be nice? I was talking about the business aspect of this, not game quality.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then Capcom hamstrung themselves by releasing it on only one platform. A platform that isn't the leader as well. I'm confused where the "smart move" here happens to be.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt it entirely. And if it somehow was the case, I have no faith that RE7 will be a good game in the first place so it hardly matters.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

@nashvilleskyline said:

Then Capcom hamstrung themselves by releasing it on only one platform. A platform that isn't the leader as well. I'm confused where the "smart move" here happens to be.

They get dat exclusivity check and keep themselves from bankruptcy for another 6 months

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.