Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil

Franchise »

Capcom's Resident Evil (or Biohazard in Japan) series continues to draw in players with its stories of hideous mutations and the pharmaceutical company Umbrella Inc. It is Capcom's best-selling franchise in terms of software sales.

So here's the trailer for the new Resident Evil-movie

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VierasTalo

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/resident-evil-retribution/trailers/resident-evil-retribution-theatrical-trailer-29662855.html

Since I know you're all looking forward to this awesome flick. Seriously though, how insane can these movies get? I lost track of the plot somewhere around the third one, around when the clones and deserted labs came around, and I had no idea what went on in the fourth one. I do know however that I do get some enjoyment out of watching Paul WS Anderson try make movies that story-wise seem to focus around what he would've liked to see when he was five. A giant licker, the opening Dawn of the Dead-ripoff scene... Everything about this trailer makes me laugh like a maniac, in the utmost positive way. The movie's subtitle of Retribution is also real original. I wonder if the next one will be Resurrection...

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Wait, there are more? Also aren't half the characters in the trailer suppose to be dead?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By rjayb89

Right, that reminds me. TANG. At the rate Giant Bomb is going, we'll probably get a new (WU)TANG in 2014. That Ryan is a busy, busy man.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By VierasTalo

@JeanLuc said:

Wait, there are more? Also aren't half the characters in the trailer suppose to be dead?

Yeah, I'd remember them killing Wesker off like five times in the end of the last movie.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe
    @JeanLuc said:

They're clones of all (or at least a bunch of) the dead characters from the other movies.

Anyway, it's kind of hard to say just from the trailer, but this looks like a step up from Afterlife, which is the only film in the series I couldn't really get any enjoyment out of. The action and effects are looking pretty good, though. Also, Afterlife gave the impression that the whole world was fucked and there was next to nothing left, so I'm not sure how any of this is even happening.
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT

So there's Ada and probably Jill. Was that Leon I spotted too? I actually kinda want to watch that.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

At some point Milla Jovovich is going to be too old to look hot in skintight leather.

@JeanLuc said:

It seems like she's stuck in some sort of virtual reality thing? Hey, don't write it off, look what series we're talking about. The stories to these movies make Capcom look like modern Shakespeares.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheHumanDove

I'll take a drink for every cheesy one liner and ridiculous CGI moment.

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gravier251

Always seems like with each movie they just watch a few trailers and cutscenes and throw out a movie with a few gimmicks of whatever they saw. Recall they threw in the executioner out of 5 in one of them, now we seem to have the plagas stuff mixed in with zombies, Ada in a red dress, etc. Didn't they kind of wipe out the world already in one of the movies? Ugh, I find the movies and Paul W.S. Anderson rather annoying >.< hehe.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VierasTalo

@Gravier251 said:

Always seems like with each movie they just watch a few trailers and cutscenes and throw out a movie with a few gimmicks of whatever they saw. Recall they threw in the executioner out of 5 in one of them, now we seem to have the plagas stuff mixed in with zombies

Oh, they had the Plagas stuff in the same movie with the Executioner. Now that there was no new bigger RE-game out in between this and the prior film, they apparently had to make up a new "cool" villain and came up with whatever the hell was wielding that chainsaw in the trailer.

I just noticed though that Colin Salmon is in this movie, so all is forgiven. This is the greatest man ever cut into tiny pieces by a laser grid.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DoctorDanger99

while i think these movies are ok,id be alot happier if they were called somthing other than resident evil. as it stands,the movies have allmost nothing to do with the games. either way it looks cool.

heres hoping after the last one they re boot the francise and make a film thats closer to the games. ( seeing as how far apart the movies are from the games now,that wont be too hard.)

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By napalm

This looks terrible.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By SuperWristBands

I came in here thinking this was gonna be another pretty bad CG movie. Turns out the reality was worse then that.

I've seen the first three RE live action movies. Didn't know they were still going...

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mitsuko_souma

I enjoyed the 1st 3 movies. The 4th movie was beyond terrible, and by the looks of it this one will be too.

This franchise is in desperate need of a reboot.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By VierasTalo

@dudeglove said:

The funny thing is, according to imdb or whatever, every single subsequent Resident Evil movie has turned in a tidy net profit bigger than the last. I wish I was kidding.

Can't help but think the 3D in the fourth might have helped it's BO. Despite loving that movie, it was an abhorrent piece of turd, so much so that I have a hard time believing people would willingly sit through it without the novelty of wearing heavy goggles while doing so.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@dudeglove: thats the only reason paul anderson is still working. he makes movies for cheap that turn a profit. hollywood doesnt give two fucks if they are good movies,as long as they are making money.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jakob187

@rjayb89 said:

Right, that reminds me. TANG. At the rate Giant Bomb is going, we'll probably get a new (WU)TANG in 2014. That Ryan is a busy, busy man.

A WUTANG of nothing but Resident Evil movies.

The movies are so bad that I don't even think I would watch a new series of WUTANG including nothing but Resident Evil movies.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wampa1

@VierasTalo said:

I just noticed though that Colin Salmon is in this movie, so all is forgiven. This is the greatest man ever cut into tiny pieces by a laser grid.

With such a rich history of men being cut into tiny pieces by lasers, that's high praise indeed!

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By donkeycow

I wonder if they'll blow up my city hall again...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.