Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil

Franchise »

Capcom's Resident Evil (or Biohazard in Japan) series continues to draw in players with its stories of hideous mutations and the pharmaceutical company Umbrella Inc. It is Capcom's best-selling franchise in terms of software sales.

Team Based RE Game, Developed by SOCOM Doods?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee
    Kotaku's usual sleuthing has brought up some interesting info, regarding rumours over a team based Resident Evil game. A new RE game, whoda funk?!? The real surprise is who might be developing this said project:  Slant Six games who were behind some of the PS3+PSP SOCOM titles....Seriously, just which franchises are CAPCOM not planning on just handing over??? I'd almost guess they plan to stick solely as a publisher now, rather than developing their own games.

It's still just a rumour at this point, though Kotaku manage to serve up some extra evidence to prove this rumour may become fact down the line, in the way of a requested Japanese Translator and how they've been stating they've got a new secret and exciting unannounced multiplayer project, with a new publishing partners for a World Class Franchise.

If it does come up true, it'll sounds to be akin to a current-generation Outbreak game, especially with Raccoon City at the base judging from its project title of Resident Evil: Raccoon City. 
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nintendoeats

I have been wanting RE:CS since ResE4. Could this be it?

Globox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Globox82

well there goes my hope for new GOOD single player RE game. Slant Six = buggy crap. 

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BraveToaster

Hmm. I love me some Resident Evil

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

They made the first Socom PS3 game.  That's not a good sign.      :/                 The rumors about Ninja Theory making a new DMC came true, so it wont surprise me if this comes true.  Hopefully they wont fuck it up.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CaptainTightPants

I still think they should run with the idea of that Online Resident Evil Survival game that some Developer ( I forget who) came up with in the Game Informer issue where they told game developers to come up with ideas for a game series they weren't affiliated with. 

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By recroulette

I wonder...is this gonna be for console or PSP?

Did they ever come out with new info for the new RE game announced at last years E3 for the PSP? 
    Didn't realize until I looked it up that the RE game was announced at E3 2009.

Looking around, this is from Capcom's Chris Kramer regarding the PSP Resident Evil, from June of last year.
     I can tell you that Capcom is working very closely with Sony on this title, as it's something that both companies have wanted on the PSP for quite some time. It's not a "remake" of a previous RE game, but an all-new title created specifically for the PSP platform, with the PSP Go in mind. I've managed to sneak a look at a very early game design document for this title and all I am allowed to say is: Wow. Totally different for a Resident Evil game. More in the future, promise!

This could get interesting.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By SlightConfuse

i wish the distingtion was made between these guys and Zipper.  

Zipper is responsible for SOCom prime these guys are an offshott devopler that have had an awful track record so far

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @Resident4t: I didn't read the issue, but they did come out with an online RE game during the PS2 era. I wouldn't mind a new one of those though, as long as they somehow bring back some horror.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By luce

Zipper Interactive are the SOCOM dudes.  

Slant Six did  some crappy SOCOM games for PS3 and PSP (Tactical Strike in particular was AWFUL) 

This does not look good

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By SSully

Well they did a decent job on the PSP games, and the ps3 version was fun, but it was a buggy mess. Hopefully they have their act together if the rumors are true. 

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By recroulette
    @slightconfuse: For consoles yes, but Fireteam Bravo 3 for PSP was actually pretty decent.
    MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#13  Edited By MightyDuck

I'm curious how this will turn out.  I'm a huge Socom fan, albeit Socom 1 and 2 are my favorites and are Zipper developed.  Socom: Confrontation, by Slant Six, wasn't bad, but it did have quite a few bugs in it. 

If this does have something to do with going back to Raccoon City, I'd be much more on board.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By luce
    @SSully:  

The best ones were Fireteam Bravo 1 & 2. Those were not done by Slant Six 
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Nice, now my dreams of Resident Evil becoming a full on third person shooter are coming true. No more of this not moving whilst aiming nonsense.  

And yes, I'm being serious. The pre-RE4 RE games are terrible. They're not scary, the controls are bad, and the puzzles aren't even that good. At least RE4 and RE5 are fun because you run around shooting stuff in the face.  

[Reads other comments and finds out that Slant Six makes the less good SOCOM games] 

Well...er...um...There's always the chance that the rumors aren't true, right? I mean, Capcom wouldn't ruin Devil May Cry AND Resident Evil, right? RIGHT?!?!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By Yummylee
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " Nice, now my dreams of Resident Evil becoming a full on third person shooter are coming true. No more of this not moving whilst aiming nonsense.   And yes, I'm being serious. The pre-RE4 RE games are terrible. They're not scary, the controls are bad, and the puzzles aren't even that good. At least RE4 and RE5 are fun because you run around shooting stuff in the face.   "
    I hate you so much right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.