Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 22, 2002

A remake of the first game in the pre-eminent video game horror series, featuring a graphics overhaul, as well as several new gameplay features, environments, and unlockable modes that weren't included within the original version.

Resident Evil REmake coming to PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360

• 63 results
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By GunstarRed

God damn it. One of the reasons why I recently got a Gamecube.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

They better have all the same dialogue and voice acting from the original.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil said:

This is a remastering of the remake, not the very original. That is I assume you're referring to the ''master of unlocking'' dialogue? The remake's voice acting and dialogue is still pretty corny, but not enough that it's gained the same amount of ironic enjoyment as the very original's of course.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: I'll be examining this. *looks over screenshots*

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

and pre ordered

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@corruptedevil said:

This is a remastering of the remake, not the very original. That is I assume you're referring to the ''master of unlocking'' dialogue? The remake's voice acting and dialogue is still pretty corny, but not enough that it's gained the same amount of ironic enjoyment as the very original's of course.

There is a lot more bad dialogue than just master of unlocking. Jill sandwich being the other famous one. Basically all of Barry's lines are awful.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: Oh, I know. I was just summing it all up as ''master of unlocking'' because it's one of the most infamous lines of dialogue.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Load up the Gamecube game, it STILL looks absolutely unbelieveable. I don't think it's hyperbole to say that Gamecube RE1 might have the best graphics ever for a console game...considering how insane it looked at the time and how good it still looks. The prerendered backgrounds are what make it look so good, I love the static camera, it gives it such a film-like vibe so I hope that doesn't change. An HD version seems cool but I hope they do it justice.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@hassun said:

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up (most of all my own) but this did briefly appear as well:

No Caption Provided

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This makes me so happy. Like I don't think you guys understand how happy this makes me. This is one of my favorite games of all time. I bought a Gamecube for this game!

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I know people would go nuts for this but it seems like just another Japanese company being very lazy with their remakes. That whole 16:9 pan thing seems really stupid. And 30 fps? I will have to assume that is a choice because there is no way a game like this is demanding on the console. Hell I don't know why its not 1080p on the old consoles. You have static images with only character models from a console that came out in 2001. I know its cool just to get it on current consoles but thats all it is. Might as well come out on the Wii U on Virtual Console.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd have to assume the 30 FPS thing is because of how they implemented the animations of their prerendered backgrounds. That, and they are probably hoping to do a quick and easy port to work around that.

I'm not gonna be excited for RE2HD just yet, cus that boxart looks fake as hell. Then again, the RE games don't necessarily have a good reputations with boxarts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.