Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resistance 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 04, 2008

Step back into the shoes of Nathan Hale and fight against the Chimeran invasion of the United States in Resistance 2.

GOTY Awards Pt 1 - Genre Awards Part 1

al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By al

Genres argh genres chase me in my dreams. Is it action/adventure or is it arcade/action, the're convoluted and confusing.

The FPS genre seems to grow every year, though it seems it took the year of from last years extrememly busy schedule. (Cod 4, Bioshock, Crysis)

The Winner for Best FPS is ----> Resistance 2

No Caption Provided

Resistance 2 mixes interesting weapons with a good narrative excellent visuals. The multiplayer has had a massive overhaul also, which makes it an extremely reasonable package.

The Runners up were - Battlefield Bad Company and COD5.

Bad company is really an amazing shooter with a good singleplayer game and a great multiplayer game aswell. But it's not a patch on resistance 2's. I have high hopes for the rumoured sequel in developement and hope that it's as good as the last.

Call Of Duty 5 is'nt a bad game it just lacks the brilliance of it's Infinity Ward developed brethren. The world war 2 FPS sub-genre is OVER Stop making WWII FPS please! Superb multiplayer and a great online support make it a game worth playing though.

Lots of people are charting the demise of RPG's and sprouting lots of nonsene about them being dead. There not dead there just changing becoming less about Japanese schoolgirls with bright skirts and wide eye's waiting 3 minutes to summon an equally bizzare monster. There becoming allot more Western influenced and developed. For the better? We will have to see.

The winner for Best RPG is ----> Fallout 3

The Brotherhood is Watching you!!!

Fans of the original games felt betrayed by Black Isle selling the game licence to Bethesda, but i never felt this way i was happy that the series and its amazing story could continue. Well Fallout 3 came out and what a game it is one acronym describes it OMFG It's witty funny and amazingly well detailed and anyfan of RPG's is missing out if they do not have this game!

The runners up were Penny Arcade Ep1 / War Online

Warhammer online attempted to challenge W.O.W for the MMORPG crown and it failed miserably. But it did have some amazing ideas like public quests and the ever present PvP system.

Penny Arcade adventures on the rainslick precipice of darkness episode 1 to use its full title is an amazing game. The Penny Arcade crew have been satarising this fucked up community of nerds we call "Gamers" for quite some time and they were begging to be made into a game. Noone thought it was going to be a Rpg though its funny witty and its not realisticly that expensive if you compare it to say the amount you would spend on a 1000 carrots or a years worth of lottery tickets.

Puzzle games have seen new life blown into them partially from people like Infinite Interactive and there puzzle quest games. But also Arcade games being ported to XBLA and PSn and of course the mighty POPCAP and there brilliant Peggle games.

The winner for best puzzle game is -------> TETRIS

Ok so I should explain I dont really play puzzle games but when i picked up my Ipod Touch a game called Tris was available for free so i played it and ever since then i;ve been hooked. Tris got taken down because of copywright infringment and was replaced by an extortionat Tetris licensed game. But Tris is amazing every spare hour i have i seem to play it it's simply phenomenal.

Tris!!!
    Tris!!!

al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By al

Genres argh genres chase me in my dreams. Is it action/adventure or is it arcade/action, the're convoluted and confusing.

The FPS genre seems to grow every year, though it seems it took the year of from last years extrememly busy schedule. (Cod 4, Bioshock, Crysis)

The Winner for Best FPS is ----> Resistance 2

No Caption Provided

Resistance 2 mixes interesting weapons with a good narrative excellent visuals. The multiplayer has had a massive overhaul also, which makes it an extremely reasonable package.

The Runners up were - Battlefield Bad Company and COD5.

Bad company is really an amazing shooter with a good singleplayer game and a great multiplayer game aswell. But it's not a patch on resistance 2's. I have high hopes for the rumoured sequel in developement and hope that it's as good as the last.

Call Of Duty 5 is'nt a bad game it just lacks the brilliance of it's Infinity Ward developed brethren. The world war 2 FPS sub-genre is OVER Stop making WWII FPS please! Superb multiplayer and a great online support make it a game worth playing though.

Lots of people are charting the demise of RPG's and sprouting lots of nonsene about them being dead. There not dead there just changing becoming less about Japanese schoolgirls with bright skirts and wide eye's waiting 3 minutes to summon an equally bizzare monster. There becoming allot more Western influenced and developed. For the better? We will have to see.

The winner for Best RPG is ----> Fallout 3

Fans of the original games felt betrayed by Black Isle selling the game licence to Bethesda, but i never felt this way i was happy that the series and its amazing story could continue. Well Fallout 3 came out and what a game it is one acronym describes it OMFG It's witty funny and amazingly well detailed and anyfan of RPG's is missing out if they do not have this game!

The runners up were Penny Arcade Ep1 / War Online

Warhammer online attempted to challenge W.O.W for the MMORPG crown and it failed miserably. But it did have some amazing ideas like public quests and the ever present PvP system.

Penny Arcade adventures on the rainslick precipice of darkness episode 1 to use its full title is an amazing game. The Penny Arcade crew have been satarising this fucked up community of nerds we call "Gamers" for quite some time and they were begging to be made into a game. Noone thought it was going to be a Rpg though its funny witty and its not realisticly that expensive if you compare it to say the amount you would spend on a 1000 carrots or a years worth of lottery tickets.

Puzzle games have seen new life blown into them partially from people like Infinite Interactive and there puzzle quest games. But also Arcade games being ported to XBLA and PSn and of course the mighty POPCAP and there brilliant Peggle games.

The winner for best puzzle game is -------> TETRIS

Ok so I should explain I dont really play puzzle games but when i picked up my Ipod Touch a game called Tris was available for free so i played it and ever since then i;ve been hooked. Tris got taken down because of copywright infringment and was replaced by an extortionat Tetris licensed game. But Tris is amazing every spare hour i have i seem to play it it's simply phenomenal.

Tris!!!
    Tris!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.