Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resistance 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 04, 2008

Step back into the shoes of Nathan Hale and fight against the Chimeran invasion of the United States in Resistance 2.

Is Resistance 2 like the Beta?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Despite my green name, I actually own all the consoles.  I just think the X360 has the best games so far so I prefer it. 

So since that's out of the way, I have one quesiton: Is Resistance 2 like the beta or is it completely reworked?  While I'm sure the single player is fine, to me, the multiplayer was completely average and to be honest, somewhat sucky,  in the beta.  I essentially have the same opinion on the beta as those guys over at screwattack.  I'm wondering if this is worth picking up or if I should just go with one of those hundred  other titles that have came out recently.  The main reason I'm asking is because despite me not being to fond of the beta, it has been reviewing quite well. 

Thanks for answering, hopefully!

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By shadows_kill

its similar to the beta but to the story part its not "fine" its "EPIC" its a 14 hour campaign (thats my time) and its very good. i loved it all the way through. just single player is worth the 60$. then theres split screen if you have a friend. then online co op (you can also have your friend play online with co op.)

online has shown improvement but if you didnt like it in the beta you wouldnt like it in the full game even tho to me its very good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read some reviews. They all say the multiplayer is awesome.
    But R2 doesnt come out for another 3 weeks for me so I dont know how it differs from the BETA.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

^ Well I don't always agree with reviews.  I guess I'll watch some.
    But what I mean is, I thoguht the beta was meh. 

Ahh... I think I'm gonna rent it. 

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shadows_kill
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "^ Well I don't always agree with reviews.  I guess I'll watch some.
    But what I mean is, I thoguht the beta was meh. 

Ahh... I think I'm gonna rent it. "
    well if you didnt like mp then you should but make sure to beat sp :P
    Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found the BETA to be awesome. I loved playing the CoOp.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shadows_kill
    p4ddym1607 said:
    "I found the BETA to be awesome. I loved playing the CoOp."
    same
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I wasn't a fan of the beta either, it's a definite rent for me.

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
    DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

It's definitely better than the beta, in ReTarDedFisHy's opinion.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LiquidPrince

I never played the beta, but from what I have experienced, the multi-player in this game is superb.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

They said don't buy R2 for the single player on the bombcast ):
    still gonna rent... one of these days

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Keeng
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "They said don't buy R2 for the single player on the bombcast ):
    still gonna rent... one of these days"
    The complaints I've heard about single player only exist, in my experience, in reviews. Niether myself nor anyone else I know who has the game had a single problem with the capmaign. It's epic to the point where calling it epic doesn't feel like the correct way to word because it's more epic than the usual game we slap that adjective on. I would almost say that's undeniable. Sometimes groups of reviewers seem to take the exact same position on games but the actual players end up feeling totally different. A good example of this is the game Heavenly Sword. The game's review scores but it at around a 6 but you can ask almost anyone who finished it (who's not anti-PS3) and they'll tell you it's a stellar game. Hell, even Gamespot, a site that gave the game a 6, listed it as one of the games you should buy when you get a PS3. Be careful with these reviews.
    But anywho, you asked about multiplayer. It's certainly improved in every way, but it plays just like the beta did. If you didn't like the beta, I can't imagine you suddenly liking the full game's multiplayer. I loved the beta so I like the full game even more, but I'm imagining you, as someone who didn't particularly care for the beta, would notice the improvements and changes and continue not liking it. 
    LoZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By LoZone

its alot better than the beta,  its the full game.  gb.com review of the game is bullshit.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    Keeng said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    The complaints I've heard about single player only exist, in my experience, in reviews. Niether myself nor anyone else I know who has the game had a single problem with the capmaign. It's epic to the point where calling it epic doesn't feel like the correct way to word because it's more epic than the usual game we slap that adjective on. I would almost say that's undeniable. Sometimes groups of reviewers seem to take the exact same position on games but the actual players end up feeling totally different. A good example of this is the game Heavenly Sword. The game's review scores but it at around a 6 but you can ask almost anyone who finished it (who's not anti-PS3) and they'll tell you it's a stellar game. Hell, even Gamespot, a site that gave the game a 6, listed it as one of the games you should buy when you get a PS3. Be careful with these reviews.
    But anywho, you asked about multiplayer. It's certainly improved in every way, but it plays just like the beta did. If you didn't like the beta, I can't imagine you suddenly liking the full game's multiplayer. I loved the beta so I like the full game even more, but I'm imagining you, as someone who didn't particularly care for the beta, would notice the improvements and changes and continue not liking it. 
    "
    Lol, not a good example.  I thought Heavenly Sword was trash.  Awful button smashy gameplay and super short.  Good story and voice acting/animation.
    Heavenly Sword was made with quality, but they forgot about the gameplay.

That being said I barely like God of War
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "Despite my green name, I actually own all the consoles.  I just think the X360 has the best games so far so I prefer it. 

So since that's out of the way, I have one quesiton: Is Resistance 2 like the beta or is it completely reworked?  While I'm sure the single player is fine, to me, the multiplayer was completely average and to be honest, somewhat sucky,  in the beta.  I essentially have the same opinion on the beta as those guys over at screwattack.  I'm wondering if this is worth picking up or if I should just go with one of those hundred  other titles that have came out recently.  The main reason I'm asking is because despite me not being to fond of the beta, it has been reviewing quite well. 

Thanks for answering, hopefully!"
    I stopped reading after that.
    Nothing to see here guys he s just trolling
    CrimsonAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CrimsonAngel

Any one who uses screw attack as a grounds for any kind of opinion has got to be a troll.

Dood sounds like resistance and any game on the PS3 is not your game so why not let it lie and go hide under a bridge like a good little troll.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "Despite my green name, I actually own all the consoles.  I just think the X360 has the best games so far so I prefer it. 

Nothing to see here guys he s just trolling"
    He just said he prefers 360 games... I'm a PS3 person and I don't think that he's trolling...

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    CrimsonAngel said:
    "Any one who uses screw attack as a grounds for any kind of opinion has got to be a troll.

Dood sounds like resistance and any game on the PS3 is not your game so why not let it lie and go hide under a bridge like a good little troll."

What?  I don't think gears 2 is nearly as good as people say either, haven't bought that yet, how am I trolling again?
    I do prefer the 360 to ps3, but there is some obvious reasons why- I am a rpg guy afterall and I love halo.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shadows_kill
    SmugDarkLoser said:

What?  I don't think gears 2 is nearly as good as people say either, haven't bought that yet, how am I trolling again?
    I do prefer the 360 to ps3, but there is some obvious reasons why- I am a rpg guy afterall and I love halo."
    i would recomend disgaea 3 (if you dont mind the graphics) or valkyria chronicles then if you like rpg's
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LiquidPrince
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "CrimsonAngel said:
    "Any one who uses screw attack as a grounds for any kind of opinion has got to be a troll.

Dood sounds like resistance and any game on the PS3 is not your game so why not let it lie and go hide under a bridge like a good little troll."

I do prefer the 360 to ps3, but there is some obvious reasons why- I am a rpg guy afterall and I love halo."
    PS3's RPG library is starting to bulk up.
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By Keeng
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:

Nothing to see here guys he s just trolling"
    He just said he prefers 360 games... I'm a PS3 person and I don't think that he's trolling...
    I thought it was fine. He just told us what he liked. Sensitive much?
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Resistance 2 is A-okay

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Riddler
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    Rent it. MP isnt anything special
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By get2sammyb

Having played half way through the campaign of Resistance 2 over the last two days I can confirm there is absolutely nothing wrong with the singleplayer. It's fun and packed with "epic" moments. The stories not so bad. It's totally unoriginal of course but if you expect originality then you're looking at the wrong game.

Multiplayer is awesome.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    shadows_kill said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:

i would recomend disgaea 3 (if you dont mind the graphics) or valkyria chronicles then if you like rpg's"
    let me say that more specifically, I'm a jrpg and wrpg guy.  srpgs generally bore me, but I'm playing valkyria right now and enjoying it a bit
    Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Unreal_dro

of course it is. the games not gonna change drastically from the beta. 

theres been a layer of added polish and some balance tweaks for the retail release but the core gameplay is the same as the beta
    Throne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Throne

Resistance 2 pretty much plays a lot like the beta. They made some slight tweaks but it's hard to notice.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By shadows_kill
    Unreal_dro said:
    "of course it is. the games not gonna change drastically from the beta. 
    theres been a layer of added polish and some balance tweaks for the retail release but the core gameplay is the same as the beta
    "
    couldn't really say it better
    Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Manachild
    Keeng said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "

Aaron Thomas from Gamespot actually gave heavenly sword an 8.0 but i still agree with what your saying.

More to the point, i think resistance 2 is a good game from a multiplayer standpoint and is worth the price of admission alone.
    However, the single player is alright and worth playing through but i too dont find it to be anything special.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.