Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resonance of Fate

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jan 28, 2010

A "gun battle" RPG developed at tri-Ace in collaboration with SEGA.

Any Impressions from People who've played it?

ExcessDebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By ExcessDebris

This game is getting totally lost in the shuffle with so many other fantastic games coming out this month, but everything I've seen of it looks really interesting. Considering that the official critics have totally dropped the ball here, I was wondering if any of the GB Community have gotten the game and can throw up some brief impressions?

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By luce

Some dude on a podcast i heard says its pretty good but pretty hard

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By tomte

its not a good game imo... Theres something with the art in it making my head go "boom boom", i havnt been able to play it for more then 2 hours straight without getting a severe headache :(
    Also, its not a fun game in my opinion, you spend far more time running around then fighting and theres no real map. Altough i must confess that i only played like 8 hours or so of it because of my headache problems

Ashwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Ashwyn

Well Euro gamer has a review on it and gave it an 8 out of 10.
    I for one am rather interested on how good this game looks in comparison to FFXIII.

thuiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By thuiscool

My copy should be coming in tomorrow. We shall see. Reviews say steep learning curve though.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6  Edited By King9999

I'm on Chapter 3, and I'm enjoying the game so far.  It seems there are going to be plenty of funny moments, judging how Chapter 2 began.  There is a learning curve to the battle system, but there is a tutorial that will help ease you into it.  Once you get the hang of things though, combat becomes fun. 

I'm wary of any review that claims that you have to grind in a RPG to win (i.e. Game Informer review), when usually that isn't the case.  It just means you have to make better use of the tools that are available to you, which RoF provides.  It sucks that there aren't too many reviews for RoF, and based on what Jeff said in another thread, don't expect one from GB.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By KaosAngel
    @King9999: There's no grinding in this game.  Just find a strong monster and bring it down to almost 0 HP and just run from battle...re-enter it and do it again and again.  Within a half hour, you can level up fast and don't need to ever level up.
    Turkfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Turkfinn

Yea you don't have to grind to beat anything, although it helps .  People just do it to get their MG user to get full scratch at 100%.  This way they can pretty much kill anything instantly, kinda breaking the majority of the game if you do it early on via the arena or something.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@KaosAngel said:

" @King9999: There's no grinding in this game.  Just find a strong monster and bring it down to almost 0 HP and just run from battle...re-enter it and do it again and again.  Within a half hour, you can level up fast and don't need to ever level up. "

How is what you described not grinding? 

Edit: Sorry for the slight necro.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.