Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Retro Studios

Company »

Retro Studios is a Nintendo-owned developer. Their first game was Metroid Prime, a first-person reimagining of the Metroid franchise. More recently, they revived the Donkey Kong Country series in Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Retro Studios New Game for Wii Successor (Rumour)

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro

No Caption Provided

Another day, sees another inevitable rumour concerning Nintendo's next console. This one comes from the Paul Gale Network (Paul Gale is a writes for Bitmob.com and also contributes to the last-gasping 1up.com). Mr Gale has been in contact with two different Retro Studio employees that have told him they are currently working on "a project everyone wants us to do". (Star Fox is the prime rumour, while a new Metroid game is the secondary one being banded around). His sources tell him Retro Studios was one of the first companies to receive a development kit from Nintendo, and that they've been developing for the new console since they got their hands on it. 

Make of it what you will, time will tell all, as it always does.

On the subject of a new Star Fox game, PlatinumGames designer, Hideki Kamiya, recently said the following in a Tweet:

Kamiya-san Twitter: “ I want Nintendo’s staff to come to Platinum, stick guns at us and tell us ‘You guys make a new Star Fox!.’”

As far as an official Nintendo response to a new Star Fox game, last year UK based GamesTM asked Shigeru Miyamoto whether he would like to see a new game in the series, he replied by giving a short answer - "Me too!".  Miyamoto had also stated to Famitsu magazine earlier in 2010 that thinks the Wii Remote would work very well for controlling an Arwing. In addition, "Star Fox" series designer, Takaya Imamura, said he had "some ideas for a sequel".    

If and when it does appear, I hope it looks a little like this....

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

As much as this might be a Metroid Prime 4, I doubt that's the case.  Retro Studios has spent the majority of its existence up to its eyeballs in Metroid up to this point, and after working on Donkey Kong Country Returns, I wouldn't be surprised if they're working on a game for a different series.  I could see them developing a new Star Fox game, but then again, they could be working on just about anything at this point.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By spankingaddict

I rather see a new metroid then star fox. Star Fox should be laid to rest.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Contro
    @spankingaddict said:

" I rather see a new metroid then star fox. Star Fox should be laid to rest. "

Do a barrel roll off a cliff.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Metroid Dread? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.