Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Returnal

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 30, 2021

A roguelike third-person shooter from Housemarque.

Chances of PC port

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I'm not really tuned into Housemark or Sony stuff that much, what are the chances this makes it to the PC in the future? Looks cool.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1%

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Better and better, with Sony bringing more PS stuff to PC, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony's starting to port some of their published exclusives to PC with Horizon: Zero Dawn and Day's Gone, but it's still a rather new thing for them so it's no guarantee, and even if it does I doubt it won't be for a couple years at least. I'd say maybe...but don't get your hopes up.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say the chance is decent, but not soon. Horizon Zero Dawn came to PC 3 and a half years after it came out on Playstation, Days Gone will be just over 2 years when it comes to PC in a few weeks. If Returnal comes to PC, it probably be in a minimum of two years.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We all know how stingy Sony is. And with ps5s hard to find I think it's crazy to not have a pc port. At 70 bucks game will flop hard.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By FacelessVixen

EGS within a year, and EGS exclusive for a year.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony hasn't done any EGS exclusivity, and it doesn't really make sense for them. If they're putting a popular Playstation game on PC, it is to expand its audience, sales, and brand awareness. Having a Playstation IP associated with any kind of third party exclusivity and subjecting their properties to the discourse around EGS exclusivity is probably not something they want.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Yah I agree with others that the chances these days are better than zero as has been in the past, but if it does happen it won’t be anytime soon.

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Thanks for the replies Bomb duders! Hopefully Sony commits more to PC this gen. Until then I guess I’m hoping for a PS5 to land in my lap.

vandelay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, in about 2 years I'll be able to play this.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 24

Certainly not zero. Once saw Gameinformer listing PC as one of the platforms back when this last delay was reported, but they changed it shortly after

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
    spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spacemanspiff00

It would be a few years if it does but one thing it does have going for it is that it was developed in Unreal Engine. Horizon was developed in the PC friendly Decima engine while Days Gone was also built in Unreal. I imagine they'll be more likely to stick to that mentality. It would be nice though to see some other titles as well.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't be surprised if it came eventually, especially with there already being an alternate control method if you don't want to deal with the half-trigger pull. Seems like the proofed it for that possibility. That plus the previous mentions of UE being the engine. I know the super fast SSD is nice for load times.... But I wonder how dependent the minute to minute action is on it.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#15 FinalDasa  Moderator

Good question. I'm not really sure.

Maybe in a year or two as bigger games come out, but I'm not sure if the economics of a PC release balance well with keeping something exclusive. Do you sell more PS5s with a handful of early exclusive titles or do you sell more with a PC release?

More than likely there's a sales figure and port development cost that need to reach a certain point before they pull the trigger.

I will be really curious when that line is finally crossed for Sony and when.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Returnal isn't really anything like the tentpole system seller that Horizon was and Days Gone was kind of supposed to be, I'd think they wouldn't be inclined to hold off for quite as long before porting. It'd be nice to see it ported within about a year.

Kunakai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I were a betting man my money would be against it getting a port.

Sony have ported three PS4 exclusives of the 60-ish availible thus far. (And none of the PS5's, of which there are still very few).

That said, I do hope they tend towards game preservation by porting older titles to the PC moving forwards. (A hope I expect will go unfulfilled, despite it not discouraging purchases of their current system while adding to overall profit).

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I would say yes but if I had to bet, the wait will be 2+ years.

permanentsigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony will not port a PS5 exclusive anytime soon - especially with the drought of PS5 exclusives that will probably last into 2022.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@ll_exile_ll said:

I would say the chance is decent, but not soon. Horizon Zero Dawn came to PC 3 and a half years after it came out on Playstation, Days Gone will be just over 2 years when it comes to PC in a few weeks. If Returnal comes to PC, it probably be in a minimum of two years.

Agreed. I think Sony will capitalize on Returnal on other platforms once they feel the game has had its run. However, given the drought that is the PS5 and its exclusive catalogue currently and it the near future, I would guess it won't happen until 2025...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.