Revenge of the 'Gator is a pinball game developed and published by HAL Laboratory for the Game Boy platform. In Japan, Revenge of the 'Gator is known as Pinball: 66 Hiki No Wani Daikoushin.
Revenge of the 'Gator plays similar to most pinball games. The player shoots the pinball from the plunger and into the play field. Once the ball is in the play field there are many objects for the ball to hit that gains the player points. The player uses a right and left flipper to try and keep the ball in play as long as possible. When the ball falls through the bottom that ball is then lost. Once three balls are lost the game is over.
There are four modes of play in Revenge of the 'Gator:
- Gator 1 Player - This is the only single player game mode in Revenge of the 'Gator. The player has three balls in which to try and rack up as many points as possible. A single extra ball can be earned per game.
- Gator 2 Players - This mode is essentially the same as the single player mode except that two players play alternately in a hot seat style.
- Match Play A - The Match Play A game mode is a 2 player simultaneous mode using two games, two Game Boys, and a link cable. Match Play A is the easier of the two simultaneous modes.
- Match Play B - Match Play B is the harder version of Match Play A.
- A Button - The A button is used to both pull back the plunger and use the right flipper.
- B Button - The B button can be used alternatively to the A button to use the right flipper.
- Start Button - The start button is used to pause the game. While the game is paused the high score table will be shown.
- Select Button - The select button is not used.
- D-Pad - The D-Pad is used to navigate the menus and to use the left flipper in game.