Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ridiculous Fishing - A Tale of Redemption

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 14, 2013

A collaboration between Vlambeer (Super Crate Box), Zach Gage (SpellTower), and Greg Wohlwend (Puzzle Juice), telling a story of persistence, redemption, and an extravagantly unorthodox fishing technique.

Is There More to Ridiculous Fishing?

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, but is there more to Ridiculous Fishing than just being an endless runner?

Patrick eluded to this being the case on the QL. I was wondering if anyone had got to a point where the game pulls back the curtain, à la Frog Fractions/Little Inferno?

Something tells me there's more to that Byrdr feed.

kickahaota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

As of the time I'm writing this, I have a fish floating at an altitude of 13,589 meters. It shows no sign of slowing. I have every confidence that it will slip the surly bonds of earth and vanish forever into the inky blackness of space.

WHAT MORE COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT?

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

WHAT MORE COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT?

A PC release.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By StarFoxA

There was a mini ARG related to Byrdr right before the game was released, I believe. Maybe that's what Patrick is referring to?

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By kraznor

I'm presently up to the fourth area and it still seems to be comprised of the same mechanics. I mean, I have new guns, a better drill function and some electric countermeasures, but still essentially the same pattern.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#6  Edited By audioBusting

There's something at the bottom of the Arctic Floes and I still don't know how to go to the future, but other than that I think it's pretty much an endless runner-like game.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No not really, there's a funny narrative thing that happens but it only really makes the last few fish available.

Though there is one set of fish which you have to catch in a specific way but aside from that it continues as usual.

I wish the fish were more ridiculous. There are submarines and whales in the background by as far as I know you can't catch stuff like that.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#8 gamer_152  Moderator

@starfoxa said:

There was a mini ARG related to Byrdr right before the game was released, I believe. Maybe that's what Patrick is referring to?

Yeah, I'm sure Patrick mentions that specifically in the Quick Look. He does also say though that you can extend the whole Byrdr thing out into your email at Byrdr.com but eh, it's a mobile game, it seems par for the course that it'd be pretty simplistic.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

There's something at the bottom of the Arctic Floes and I still don't know how to go to the future, but other than that I think it's pretty much an endless runner-like game.

When it says return in the future, it means that you need to play those levels after you've seen the credits. Then those extra fish should show up.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

NoMoneyLeftBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

How much would these be? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7656565.stm

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.