Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rift

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 01, 2011

RIFT is a free-to-play fantasy MMORPG, developed by Trion Worlds.

Enter the Rift!

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Luke

A new Trailer for Rift, the self-proclaimed next generation MMO, just hit the web!  

I'm definitely on board.  The Class System is beyond amazing, in my opinion, and I'm also totally down for 8 Factions battling it out through-out the game world. 

What do you guys think!?  Rumor is that it will launch in 3 months, in March of 2011.  Will Rift fail or flourish?   

Check-it-out:   

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By melcene

I checked this out a bit at PAX, it wasn't bad.  Like just about every other MMO in the last 6 years, it will not fail, but it won't flourish either.  It won't be a WoW-Killer, but as long as it has some customer base, it will probably remain open and supported.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz

Can't say I'm interested. The trailer lost me at the mention of it "complete means polished at launch with everything you expect from triple A world class MMO".

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Luke
    @melcene said:
    " I checked this out a bit at PAX, it wasn't bad.  Like just about every other MMO in the last 6 years, it will not fail, but it won't flourish either.  It won't be a WoW-Killer, but as long as it has some customer base, it will probably remain open and supported. "
    Lol, yeah, I guess I shouldn't be so black and white and just say, "Will Rift be wildly successful or just normally successful" :p  I don't expect anything to be even half a WoW-Killer, at this point.  Star Wars: TOR my have a chance at getting here though, but I doubt more than that, and is a ways off (and was just delayed more recently).  Guild Wars 2 and TERA may even be cool as well, but are also a ways off.  

@Hamz said:
    " Can't say I'm interested. The trailer lost me at the mention of it "complete means polished at launch with everything you expect from triple A world class MMO". "
    I'm thinking it might not hurt to try it for a month.  I've kinda been fiending for an MMO as of late, which is not WoW, and this may be the closest one to releasing at this point in time.  Open Beta would be nice :)  
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By melcene

Unfortunately, simply looking at the money behind BlizzActivision, I think the only companies that stand a chance at putting out a comparable product are SoE and god forbid, EA. 

If you're jonesing for an MMO, I can recommend a few depending on what ya like.  I've tried most of the major ones out there and some of the niche ones.  Send me a message if ya want :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.