Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ring Fit Adventure

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 18, 2019

A fitness/RPG experience for Nintendo Switch using the Ring-Con and Leg Strap accessory.

Space requirements for Ring Fit Adventure

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

The current pandemic situation has made me reconsider buying Ring Fit Adventure to keep in better shape during quarantine procedures.

My problem is the small studio flat that I'm currently living in. There's only a roughly 1,5x1,5 metre (5x5 feet) space for me to move and be active in. Outside of that I'm gonna be hitting walls, lamps, chairs etc.

Do any of you have experience with playing Ring Fit Adventure in small apartments, and do you think that my space requirements would allow me to enjoy the game?

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By BaneFireLord

You may struggle with the movements that require you to stretch out on the floor (mountain climbers, planks, etc.) but there are plenty of stand-up exercises that should work fine in the 5x5 space. You also might struggle with some exercises if you have a low ceiling. Good luck tracking down a copy, though...Nintendo announced they were sold out everywhere recently and they're going for double or triple price on eBay.

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I live in a pretty small apartment but have had no problem with ring fit. If you have floor space for a yoga mat you should be able to play ring fit as well.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Here's what you gotta know: stand in the spot you would play the game. Fully extend your hands above your head. Are you touching anything? The ceiling? The ceiling fan? Now lay down flat and wiggle around some. Are you bumping into anything?

If not, you're rock solid. Ring Fit is a blast and my son and I love it.

Also: it kinda kicks your ass.

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Alias

Since you can select which moves you do you can tailor it to avoid some of the moves that would cause you an issue. There's a few that are a little awkward for me to do space-wise which I avoid.

You should be fine.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regularassmilk: Am I laying down lengthwise with my feet pointing at the TV or sideways? Because lengthwise is a no-no for me.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri: Based on the way the sensors work in the exercises that require that, whichever way you can pull it off should still work exactly the same.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri: Yeah probably. I have decent carpet in my house but it's still less than ideal for some of the exercises. I should buy a yoga mat too.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I put down my couch blanket for the laying leg raises and things that put pressure on my tail bone, or just for running if my feet are sore.

Also my apt unit is teensy, but even I can do all the workouts. I lay down perpendicular to the tv for the above exercises and also go perpendicular for the lunges or anything that needs a lot of space.

There is no camera and the game specifically makes use of vibration to guide you as you will not be able to see the screen for many exercises.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's hard to imagine an appartemnt where you seriously can't play Ringfit in. Since you can select the moves you do you can even ignore a few that need a little bit more space.

If you can extend your hands in place and lay down you are pretty much golden like others have said. The game is the real GOTY of last year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.