Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rise of Flight: The First Great Air War

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 07, 2009

This WWI flight sim uses a free-to-play business model, allowing players to purchase and fly a variety of painstakingly modelled era-appropriate aircraft, taking an incredibly realistic physics engine into account.

Holy Eff'n'Ell! (Dogfighting tutorial's a bit tough, ain't it?)

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Sin4profit

So i've been playing Rise of Flight with my Saitek 52x and my homebrewed tiara of aeronautic doom (aka,homemade head tracking system). My overall experience with the game as a whole has been positive, but Jesus Christ on a pogostick, i can't take down the first guy in the dogfighting tutorial. In my SPAD XIII This other dude is FAR more maneuverable then i am so i'm going nowhere in a scissor fight...i can outrun him with ease but it does me no good if he's behind me. The best i could pull off was a full loop but my plane tends to stall out before i can level off and match his maneuvers.

I can't tell if i'm just that terrible but it seems odd that they would make this free to play tutorial so difficult as i'd imagine it would chase many people away from the game.

Anyone here at GiantBomb try this yet? any success? Any tips? I'm wondering if i should just drop the idea of finishing the tutorial campaign (Dogfighting is the only mission i have left!) and head into a noob multiplayer server where i may have a better chance then flying up against this infallible android.

UPDATE:

Alright, anyone else having problems with this here's a tip, before you start the mission customize your plane, select the guns only armament (Default is full ammo with x2 bombs) and lower your fuel to 35% (this makes you a lot more maneuverable) After that, we chased each other's tails in a Horizontal loop to the deck until i was able to pull lead and get right behind him...Then i had to fight TWO planes at once...that didn't end well.

So i killed the first plane legitimately and then discovered if you put it on Autopilot you'll auto kill the first plane. Android VS Android style...but even androids dont stand a chance against double androids...EFF that tutorial.

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheKramer89

Still can't beat that crap. I don't even wanna say how many times i tried bombing that fucking tank...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.