Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

A follow up to 2013's Tomb Raider reboot. After the events of the previous game, Lara spends one year searching to explain what she saw. Her quest to explain immortality leads her to Siberia, home of a mythical city known as Kitezh.

Great details that still miss the bigger picture (Tomb Raider Croft Manor spoilers)

braves01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By braves01

At the end of Croft Manor you uncover your mother's tomb, hidden in the bowels of Croft Manor. The rest of the manor is in complete disrepair--trees broken through windows, rain coming down in the foyer, and other signs it hasn't been inhabited for a while--yet this room has 10+ lit torches going when you walk in. This isn't unique to Tomb Raider though. Most games with ruins, caves, tombs, etc. have inconsistent evidence of habitation. However, some designer at Crystal Dynamics obviously thought of this inconsistency, so each of the torches has a gas pipe running up to the sconce.

My first thought was: "Wow, what an amazing detail." My second thought was: "That still makes no sense." Why would this room that has no entrance and is intentionally hidden need to have gas torches going 24/7? Wouldn't the huge gas bill each month raise questions, thereby risking that the room is uncovered? If I were Lara's uncle and wanted to her deemed unfit to manage the Croft estate, I would definitely point to the huge amount of money she spends on gas each month as evidence of her profligacy.

In conclusion, great job on the extra little details but in the bigger picture they still make no sense. Any other examples of stuff like this?

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DanishingAct

That is really weird. Maybe the gas only turns on when someone trips some hidden mechanism? At least they tried, I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.