Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rising Thunder

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Mechs collide in this free-to-play fighting game from Radiant Entertainment.

No arcade stick support?!? (Yet?)

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I completely get the whole "Build it around keyboards" mentality, but blocking on an arcade stick will beat a keyboard any day of the week. I've plugged in two different arcade sticks and I'm getting nothing. I'm hoping this just isn't implemented yet because that's super lame.

This is really hampering my enjoyment of the game. What is the best mapping program out there? I've never tinkered with that stuff before.

qreedence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

It's coming, it seems.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

megabite10164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By megabite10164

What kind of sticks are they? Anything i've plugged in works. Joy to key is a good alternative if nothing else works.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Seems like any 360 stick should at least sort of work, it detected my 360 gamepad just fine. But yeah, Jason was having some trouble and used joy2key to map it all.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I understand they are a small team, but wouldn't the easiest semi-solution be to just add basic Xinput support and allow remapping? Most fight sticks people have are for the 360 it seems.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not working on my PS3 stick either. So I'm using a 360 controller instead. It works pretty well on a gamepad: Normals on X, A, and B; Specials on Y, RB, and RT.

Woodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, got a ps3 madcatz fight stick and it doesn't work at all, even joytokey can't make it work. Honestly, though this game feels great on keyboard after playing for about an hour and a half just now.

rickyyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

360 stick works. A PS3/PC stick does not work because of the way the directional inputs on the joystick register.

dstopia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dstopia

Can't get Joy2Key or Xpadder to work which is a shame. I can "play" with a keyboard but it's relearning a whole system.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I managed to get Xpadder to work just fine, using a Qanba Q2 for the PS3

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By amafi

@l1ghtn1n said:

I tried messing around with it on my PS4 TE2 and couldn't get it to work even with Joy2Key (seen other people say the same), I checked in a web browser to make sure it was taking the inputs correctly even when out of focus which it was, quickly tried opening another game and it worked fine, but for whatever reason as soon as I booted up Rising Thunder it'd no longer take any kind of input (buttons wouldn't even show in yellow on JoyToKey signifying it was reading them). Going to mess around with it more tomorrow (still have another stick I can try) but I've started getting used to game pad at this point, and specials being on buttons my bad execution on one isn't an issue for once.

Curious if anyone has tried a X1 stick or even something like a Logitech gamepad since those would use a different driver, and had any luck?

Did you check it both in ps3 and ps4 mode?

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By gundogan

@woodles: Do you run joytokey in administrator mode? That worked for me (Hori V3 stick).

@dstopia: same

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By s-a-n-JR

I've been using joytokey with my Hori HRAPv4 (PS3/4) and that's been OK so far. Like @gundogan said, make sure you run it in administrator mode.

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
    chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those of you trying to use JoyToKey, make sure you run it as an administrator to get it working with RT.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I got my old PS3 Madcatz TE stick working through Joytokey. What a fantastic little program. I was even able to do Street Fighter style throwing with this thing. I don't think that's even possible from within Rising Thunder.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n said:

@amafi: Wasn't working when I tried, but ran it as admin and it works fine now in both modes.

Cool. For some reason I could only get my HRAP4Kai to work in PS3 mode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.