Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

RISK: Factions

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 23, 2010

Humans, Felines, Robots, Zombies, and Yeti collide in the 2010 downloadable adapation of the classic board game Risk.

Risk could have learnt some lessons from Uno

PeepingTommy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By PeepingTommy

I'm glad they have included Classic Risk to the options but there isn't enough freedom regarding house rules. There are a couple of notable differences between their rules and those I have played to for 20 years. Firstly in my experience every turn you choose whether or not to draft in units OR attack. Never both - unless they come from holding continents or cards in which case they're "free". Also we've always played a card rule where every set has a different value (cannons 4, infantry 6, cavalry 8, one of each 10) without the lame cashing in cards for 40 units like it is in the new rules. 

Whether or not people agree with these rules, I think they should have included the option to tinker with them. As such I'm not going to be buying this now.

callik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By callik

Risk has always used deploy/attack/move turns. We used to play similar card rules but the official method is to receive 4/6/8/10/12/15/+5 for each cumulative and subsequent set traded.

Won't disagree with having house rules though, would've made the game much better.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I've never really played Risk before, but the inclusion of robots, guerrilla cats, yetis, and zombies makes me interested. 

Broitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Broitman

For as much as I love normal risk having it with the graphical style of the PA games and the not having to set shit up makes this game awesome, house rules or no.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By sixghost
    @Broitman said:
    " For as much as I love normal risk having it with the graphical style of the PA games and the not having to set shit up makes this game awesome, house rules or no. "
    The worst was when you have 1-2 more players than usual and you have to spend 15 fucking minutes popping the pieces out of that plastic slab. God I hated playing Risk.
    Oak118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Oak118
    @Broitman:
    " For as much as I love normal risk having it with the graphical style of the PA games and the not having to set shit up makes this game awesome, house rules or no. "
    I always hated it when someone would bump the flimsy card table (or the board was invaded by someone's cat) and all the stupid plastic pieces would end up jumbled in the middle, and then you'd pretty much have to quit cuz no one could remember who had what on which country.  :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.