Road Rash 3 features a Bike Shop. Here you can buy new motorcycles and upgrades. There is three types of motorcycle:
- Rat Bikes- The slowest of the motorcycle classes.
- Sport Bikes- Sport Bikes are very fast but incredibly hard to control.
- Super Bikes- The best of the motorcycle classes, this vehicle class is both fast and easy to control.
You can upgrade you equipment in four areas:
- Performance- Increase your engine's overall performance. This includes; quicker acceleration, higher RPM's, and more power.
- Protection- Strengthen your bike against collisions, endure more spills, and keep your damage gauge strong.
- Tires- Keep your tires in good condition, this is vital to success.
- Suspension- This upgrade allows you to control better off jumps, this also helps with general control of the vehicle.
There are four player mode options:
- Solo- This mode is played strictly by yourself and the AI. If you reach a game over screen you may be asked to snitch for the cops or be a Repo Man for the bike shop.
- Take Turns- Two human players challenge the pack one at a time. One controller is used for both players.
- Split-Screen- Two human players race against each other in via split-screen multiplayer.
- Mano A Mano- Challenge a friend to an all-out slug-fest on a split-screen-- no additional opponents and no rules! Choose a weapon and hit the track.
Road Rash Also supports a password system that saves your; bike, level, upgrades, track qualifications, and cash information.
There are seven weapons in the game that vary in damage and effect.
- Club- Slow weapon that takes a biker down in 3 hits.
- Chain- Fast weapon that takes a biker down in 3 hits.
- Crowbar- Slow weapon with a 3 hit take down. It stuns the biker for a longer period of time.
- Oil Can- drops oil onto the road to slip up other bikers and crash them. Limited Use.
- Mace- Sprays other bikers in the face causing them to freeze for 4 seconds.
- Cattle Prod- Causes bikers to freeze and take a decent amount of damage.
- Nun chucks- Very fast weapon that takes bikers down in 2 hits. Best weapon in game.