Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Robert Kotick

Person » credited in 5 games

Robert Kotick is the President and CEO of Activision Blizzard.

Kotick At It Again

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cube
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ArchScabby

Good Riddance.  The less Activision on my 360 or PS3 the better.

Besides by the time a stand alone guitar hero comes out it will be completely run into the ground.  Just like Tony Hawk.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Damian

The part about plugging peripherals directly to TVs makes absolute sense to me (I always wondered why they didn't do that). But all the stuff about fear-mongering within the corporate culture and purposefully taking the fun out of video game production? ... I have no idea how to take any of that stuff. It just sounds like another ludicrous quote from ol' Bobby.

All I know is if I worked for him, I'd be looking around for opening positions STAT.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust
    Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
    kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By kitsune_conundrum

The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."  
    The executive said that he has tried to instill into the company culture "skepticism, pessimism, and fear" of the global economic downturn, adding, "We are very good at keeping people focused on the deep depression."  
    wow, what a monster to work under.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Jeust
    @kitsune_conundrum said:

" .... The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."   ..... The executive said that he has tried to instill into the company culture "skepticism, pessimism, and fear" of the global economic downturn, adding, "We are very good at keeping people focused on the deep depression."   .... wow, what a monster to work under. "

Just a bit of war mentality into play...  

They probably even have martial arts, boxing and paintball clubs i bet! 

Well with this i don't know if i'm going to buy any more blizzard games i'm afraid.
    spacetrucking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By spacetrucking

Damn this guy is surreal. His philosophy is in direct contrast with how Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime works. Blizzard values games based on the amount of fun while Activision will release anything as long as it brings in the $$ and fills up the quarterly books.

BTW people, most programmers who work in the video game industry don't have a lot of fun anyway. The designers/producers might because their vision is being fulfilled but majority of the programmers have to log hundreds of hours in Q&A. Its quite frustrating, especially compared to how the rest of the software industry works. And to top it all off, they aren't paid too well either.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By vaiz

Kotick makes me angry in the face.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.