Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

10/12 DLC: Jimi Hendrix "Are You Experienced?" Album

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop
    From hmxhenry on rockband.com:

Hey gang,

We sorta announced this DLC last week as part of the big "WOO 2,000 SONGS IN ROCK BAND WOO!" press release. But for those of you that missed it, or for those of you that have been waiting anxiously for the specific track listing, here's the milestone DLC coming out next week, the full album of Are You Experienced? by Jimi Hendrix! There's more classic tracks in here than you can shake a stick at, which makes this an incredibly fitting release to put the RB library over 2,000 total songs. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 12):

“Purple Haze” +
    “Manic Depression” +
    “Hey Joe (Live)”
    “Love or Confusion” +
    “May This Be Love” +
    “The Wind Cries Mary” +
    “Fire (Live)”
    “3rd Stone from the Sun” +
    “Foxey Lady” +
    “Are You Experienced?”
    “Stone Free” +
    “Highway Chile” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)
    (These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Oct. 13)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks, as well as “Are You Experienced: Rock Band Edition (Album) on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” will also be available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
    $2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
    $19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1,600 Microsoft Points) for Are You Experienced: Rock Band Edition (Album)

Whew, only two live tracks.  I was worried about that.  I guess they're using the original North American release's order, but it seems like  "I Don't Live Today" is missing.  I don't get why; that song is a classic.  Hopefully he just forgot it.  They also added "Stone Free" and "Highway Chile" from the '97 reissue, but didn't include the other three songs that were on that disc.  Very strange.

It appears that my question about why Guitar Hero World Tour used the live version of "Purple Haze" still stands.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By damswedon

FUUUUUUUU

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

fun

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By A Likely Story

Not really all that familiar with Jimi Hendrix's music, just never been a big fan, but I'll give it a listen. At least they're doing something big for the milestone.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By rjaylee

What the... jeez, why must they make me still spend money on Rock Band 2...

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By skrutop

This makes me wonder why Guitar Hero World Tour used the live version of Purple Haze.  I though that version sounded like garbage, and this release shows that the original is available.

edit: nevermind, updated the main post.
    edit-edit: Nope, turns out they're using the studio version of the song.  Very strange.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman

Woo for 2,000 songs. Anyone know if these will be Pro-Guitar compatible?

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By 234r2we232
    Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Blueprint12

Oh my god...are they going to put Jimi Hendrix's entire discography??

If the answer is yes, then FUCKING AWESOME!!!

I believed Axis: Bold as Love to be one of the must have full albums on Rock Band (along with Moving Pictures, Rust in Peace, Texas Flood, and some others I can't remember off the top of my head) so this should be great!
    I just wonder though, what happens to Fire if you already own it from the LEGO Rock Band export??

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Blueprint12 said:
    " ... and some others I can't remember off the top of my head)... "
    *cough* Ten, and Backspacer *cough* 

JK. I'll accept that not everyone would want those entire albums. Those people are wrong though! They're great, dammit! :P
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Sooperspy

Awesome! Need to get some of these songs.

Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blueprint12
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Blueprint12 said:
    " ... and some others I can't remember off the top of my head)... "
    *cough* Ten, and Backspacer *cough*  JK. I'll accept that not everyone would want those entire albums. Those people are wrong though! They're great, dammit! :P "

I'll give you Ten (despite I only have half the album on Rock Band lol), that's a classic ;)  But Backspacker is probably more of a fan favorite haha (which isn't a bad thing btw, you enjoy the album at least).

Basically the landmark/classic albums on Rock Band are the must haves...this one might be more of a must have than Axis: Bold as Love but I found that album to be one of the best DLC that came out this year, especially knowing that not much came out during the spring time.
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By skrutop
    Ok, official word is up. 

@Wilkins_III: That is probably the least expected response I would ever see to Jimi Hendrix being announced.
    DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DeathByWaffle

Well, I'm going to have to get this. It's a great album, should be fun to play.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By ch13696

Hendrix is all cool, but C'mon EA. Give me a good reason to use my drums. Give me something difficult. Something heavy. Like Trivium, Daath, or... Dethklok.

Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blueprint12

You know something ironic??

Fire (Live) is not playable on LEGO Rock Band yet the master recording is actually IN THE GAME.  I wonder why...anyone notice??

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 234r2we232
    @Blueprint12 said:

" You know something ironic??  Fire (Live) is not playable on LEGO Rock Band yet the master recording is actually IN THE GAME.  I wonder why...anyone notice?? "

That's not really ironic :). Just absurd. Kinda like how The Metal by Tenacious D is classified as "Rock", not "Metal" :)

@ch13696

said:

" Hendrix is all cool, but C'mon EA. Give me a good reason to use my drums. Give me something difficult. Something heavy. Like Trivium, Daath, or... Dethklok. "

Are you being serious? The Jimi Hendrix Experience tracks are some of the most challenging drum songs in Rock Band. Do you know who Mitch Mitchell is? Hide your head in shame, sir.

Also, Trivium are about as heavy as Avenged Sevenfold. Which is to say, they are not heavy at all :)
    Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Blueprint12
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " @Blueprint12 said:

" You know something ironic??  Fire (Live) is not playable on LEGO Rock Band yet the master recording is actually IN THE GAME.  I wonder why...anyone notice?? "

That's not really ironic :). Just absurd. Kinda like how The Metal by Tenacious D is classified as "Rock", not "Metal" :)

@ch13696

said:

" Hendrix is all cool, but C'mon EA. Give me a good reason to use my drums. Give me something difficult. Something heavy. Like Trivium, Daath, or... Dethklok. "

Are you being serious? The Jimi Hendrix Experience tracks are some of the most challenging drum songs in Rock Band. Do you know who Mitch Mitchell is? Hide your head in shame, sir. Also, Trivium are about as heavy as Avenged Sevenfold. Which is to say, they are not heavy at all :) "

Yeah I know, I found that funny lol.  But on a serious note, does the Live version have something that makes it not PG enough or what??

As for the Jimi Hendrix and drums, If 6 Was 9 = HELL on drums
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By 234r2we232
    @Blueprint12: My assumption is it isn't worth Harmonix' money and effort. I can only imagine that licensing fees increase as the number of games and platforms goes up. Obviously it wouldn't be in their best interests to pay out for everything in a secondary title?? :/
    Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Blueprint12
    @sofacitysweetheart said:

I mean yeah that makes sense, but Rock Band 1, 2, and LEGO Rock Band DLC have the same format so it all works with each other compatibly.  It's just that to go through LEGO Rock Band, it needs to go through the family friendly section.  I was just asking if there's something explicit on the live version that's not in the master recording.

But it's whatever, not like kids even care of what's in the content of the music.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.