Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

10/19 DLC: STP, Jimmy Eat World

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

From HMXPope on rockband.com:

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 19):

Stone Temple Pilots – “Big Empty”
    Stone Temple Pilots – “Crackerman”
    Stone Temple Pilots – “Creep”
    Stone Temple Pilots – “Dead & Bloated”
    Stone Temple Pilots – “Huckleberry Crumble”
    Stone Temple Pilots – “Trippin’ on a Hole in a Paper Heart”
    Jimmy Eat World – “Bleed American”
    Jimmy Eat World – “My Best Theory” +
    Jimmy Eat World – “Pain”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Oct. 20)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks, as well as “Stone Temple Pilots Pack 01” and “Jimmy Eat World Pack 02” and on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” will also be available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:
    $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
    $2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
    $9.99, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (800 Microsoft Points) for Stone Temple Pilots Pack 01
    $5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points) for Jimmy Eat World Pack 02

Ok guys, last RB2 DLC, and they're going out on a high note!  Too bad that this stuff won't have pro guitars or keys (at least not for awhile).  I doubt that I'll pick these up any time soon, figuring that I'll save my points for RB3 DLC, but there are some great songs here.  Bleed American, Dead & Bloated, Creep, and Trippin' on a Hole are all personal favorites of mine.   

From here on out, DLC will be announced in the RB3 forums (even though we know next week is The Doors), and added to that game's DLC page.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

Jimmy Eat World stuff is good. They really should just put out all of Bleed American.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By turboman

I saw Jimmy Eat World live not too long ago at a festival.... That one song is good.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By 234r2we232

Many people will remember Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart being in Guitar Hero 2 (in cover form). Brings back some good memories :)

Stone Temple Pilots? Eff. I could not be happier. While I would have liked more songs Purple and Tiny Music', like Army Ants and Big Bang Baby (and I find Creep an odd choice for a band game), just so happy we're getting more STP. A truly underrated band. Hopefully they get the Pro Guitar treatment soon, would happily pay more for that.

Bleed American? I understand it's already in GH5, but isn't that song called Salt, Sweat & Sugar? At least, that's what my copy of Bleed American calls it :/

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By skrutop
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    "Bleed American? I understand it's already in GH5, but isn't that song called Salt, Sweat & Sugar? At least, that's what my copy of Bleed American calls it :/ "
    The album and song were renamed to "Jimmy Eat World" and "Salt Sweat Sugar," respectively, after September 11.  The album was changed back to "Bleed American" in 2008, but I think the song is still "Salt Sweat Sugar."  Confusing.  I know it as "Bleed American," myself.
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By SmasheControllers

Sweet my favorite song on Inverted. Fucking love Jew, I'd love to see Always Be and Here it Goes, hell all of Chase this Light.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By A Likely Story

Might pick up a few of the STP tracks. Don't like Jimmy Eat World, though Pain is a bit of a guilty pleasure song for me, but I blame Midnight Club 3 for that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.