Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Dude?!!!

xAbleAssassinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Edited By xAbleAssassinx

Has the world literally gone mad, well...the gaming world at least. I mean all I here now is how the Rock Band guitar peripheral is "Garbage!!!" and the Guitar Hero guitar is "a perfectly engineered, work of design genius." Now fair enough the majority of the people saying this are ignorant, petty fanboys defending there precious GH like children arguing over who's dad could kick the shit out of the other. But when I here knowledgeable, respected, intelligent minds uttering such travesties, I cant help but question whether or not they've ever even held the RB guitar in their incorrect little hands. The RB guitar is superior in every way, it looks more like a real guitar, it's got more wight to it, it does not feel like it's about to snap with each strum you make, the fret buttons are larger and feel more natural to press, this also makes play easier, solos are second nature on the secondary frets lower down, I mean Dude!!! Come on!!! But alas, do not let the aggressive nature of this post mislead you, I do not believe speaking louder makes you more right, I am in fact, a man of moderate temperament (a statement no doubt many will challenge). As a result of this calm predisposition I am able to look at such statements through clear, unbiased eyes and consider the possibilities. From what I can gather these opinions can only have been formed after years of being forced to use inferior peripherals designed for the Guitar Hero series. Now one possibility is that this has caused most people to become accustomed to the feel and function of these guitars, and so when they do finally use the Rock Band guitar it feels alien in comparison, thus leading them to believe the GH guitars are superior because they are used to them. However, I feel it is much more likely that everyone secretly knows the RB guitar hero is better, it's only that this is a bitter realization for them and their resentment causes them to displace the anger and disappointment they feel toward Harmonix, as opposed to Activision, the ones who have truly let them down. Ok. Rant Over. - xAbleAssassinx

Read More At - http://ourmisspentyouth.blogspot.com

xAbleAssassinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By xAbleAssassinx

Has the world literally gone mad, well...the gaming world at least. I mean all I here now is how the Rock Band guitar peripheral is "Garbage!!!" and the Guitar Hero guitar is "a perfectly engineered, work of design genius." Now fair enough the majority of the people saying this are ignorant, petty fanboys defending there precious GH like children arguing over who's dad could kick the shit out of the other. But when I here knowledgeable, respected, intelligent minds uttering such travesties, I cant help but question whether or not they've ever even held the RB guitar in their incorrect little hands. The RB guitar is superior in every way, it looks more like a real guitar, it's got more wight to it, it does not feel like it's about to snap with each strum you make, the fret buttons are larger and feel more natural to press, this also makes play easier, solos are second nature on the secondary frets lower down, I mean Dude!!! Come on!!! But alas, do not let the aggressive nature of this post mislead you, I do not believe speaking louder makes you more right, I am in fact, a man of moderate temperament (a statement no doubt many will challenge). As a result of this calm predisposition I am able to look at such statements through clear, unbiased eyes and consider the possibilities. From what I can gather these opinions can only have been formed after years of being forced to use inferior peripherals designed for the Guitar Hero series. Now one possibility is that this has caused most people to become accustomed to the feel and function of these guitars, and so when they do finally use the Rock Band guitar it feels alien in comparison, thus leading them to believe the GH guitars are superior because they are used to them. However, I feel it is much more likely that everyone secretly knows the RB guitar hero is better, it's only that this is a bitter realization for them and their resentment causes them to displace the anger and disappointment they feel toward Harmonix, as opposed to Activision, the ones who have truly let them down. Ok. Rant Over. - xAbleAssassinx

Read More At - http://ourmisspentyouth.blogspot.com

Avatar image for gobiasindustries
    GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By GobiasIndustries

I sure won't read that block of text.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24
    GobiasIndustries said:
    "I sure won't read that block of text."
    +1. I can't even read it in both different color backgrounds. Please format it to the regular style, it is giving me a headache.
    Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Megalon

Well the first RB1 did kind of suck, before they fixed the strum bar sensor. I'm pretty happy with the RB2 one, and I'm also happy with the GHWT one. So, I guess I'm a happy guy when it comes to plastic instruments.

I'm not sure if you came to the same conclusion, I only got about 1/4 of the way through your wall. 
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By c1337us
    GobiasIndustries said:
    +2. I read bits and pieces, insanity.
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Timma1083

I think it's just personal opinion that people take and blow out of proportion. I personally like the GH:WT guitar better, but I don't have a problem with the RB2 strat. Also, the RB1 strat did kind of suck, the strum bar just died way to fast and it wasn't that comfortable, it just felt too mushy.

Also, I agree, please format this better, I only read about half of what you wrote before I gave up.

drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By drakesfortune

The RB1 strat blows.  Doing power ups sucks, and the strum bar isn't accurate enough.

The RB2 strat is a dream though.  I LOVE it.  I can play just about anything on expert with the RB2 strat, and I feel like it's my fault when I fail.  I always felt like it was the guitar's fault with the RB1 strat. 

I think it honestly boils down to which guitar you learn on.  If you learn on the RB guitars, then you love them.  If you learn on the guitar hero guitars, you love those.  I bought world tour, and I could not get used to that guitar at all.  I'm sure I could with time, but I don't see any reason to invest the time in it when I'm perfectly happy with the RB2 strat.  I think it works perfectly.

xAbleAssassinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xAbleAssassinx

Sorry i ddnt know the format was fucked. Whats wrong wiv it?

I started a gaming almost a year ago, just posting reviews, news, opinion stuff, anything to do with games. There's a bunch of people out there who already check it regularly and I've already got a few other people involved in writing from France and the States. Was hoping anyone could check it out and tell me what you think of it and my writing. I hope to pursue a career in writing about games. If you've got any tips i'd be happy to hear them. And If anyone Is interested in writing for it then email me. Thanks.  

Blog - http://ourmisspentyouth.blogspot.com/  

Email - walker_023@hotmail.co.uk 

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By A Likely Story

I have never used the GH: WT guitar, however I am still accustomed to the Xplorer and Les Paul. There is such a difference between the buttons and strum bars on the Red Octane and Harmonix peripherals, so it all comes down to a matter of preference. Sure, some fanboys will roll with the crowd and hate on the RB guitar, but it's pretty farfetched to suggest that they take up the majority of the people that dislike the RB guitar.

I can't stand the buttons on the RB guitars. The only thing I like about them is that the little bumps on the yellow fret don't kill my finger after a while, unlike the Xplorer. I also don't think that the strum bar for RB 2 is much of an improvement from the first. It feels a tiny less mushy to me, so the only real advantage I see that it has over its predecessor is that it doesn't die out after an hour or two. I like the stiff, clickly Xplorer strum bar. Sure, it would be nice if it were a tad quieter, but I don't mind it at all.

As for writing suggestions...work on your grammar, and, as you can see, people don't like reading blocks of text, so try formatting it into paragraphs.

xAbleAssassinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xAbleAssassinx

lol fair enuff i know its a block of text but its str8 from my blog which actually had piks with it. And im not actually a fanboy, both guitars have their good points, i just felt like ranting, lol all in good fun. 

kingmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By kingmasters
    GobiasIndustries said:
    dido
    Punchoutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Punchoutman

Other than how they look, they play the same and feel the same to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.