Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

6-Sep DLC: Cheap Trick 3-Pack & EMF

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

From HMXcj on rockband.com:

Available on Xbox 360, Wii andPlayStation®3 system (September 6th, 2011):

• Cheap Trick – “I Want You to Want Me (Live)”

• Cheap Trick – “Surrender (Live)” X

• Cheap Trick – “Dream Police”

• EMF –“Unbelievable (Re-Record)”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system September 7th)

The Cheap Trick tracks will be available as “Cheap Trick Pack 01”, an all tracks will be available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for “Cheap Trick Pack 01”

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Re-record for Unbelievable is a red flag. I'll have to see how that turns out. Yay for more Guitar Hero songs! If they use the version of Surrender that I think they will, it's pretty good. Same with I Want You to Want Me.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#2  Edited By Little_Socrates

I'm guessing you're hoping for Budokan, which would be the best, but I don't know that Cheap Trick's ever been bad live. I saw them last summer and they were still fantastic. There was definitely a time where those songs would be must-buys for me, but sadly I'm not really playing RB often enough anymore, especially with the amount of time I spent with Surrender in GH2 and trying to FC Co-Op Dream Police in Aerosmith.

No interest in the EMF song to begin with, and a re-record defeats any novelty interest I had.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By SMTDante89

@Little_Socrates said:

I'm guessing you're hoping for Budokan, which would be the best

From the Harmonix official announcement:

Cheap Trick kick off the week with a 3-pack of their biggest hits. As one of the world’s greatest live rock acts, it’s only fitting that we have iconic live performances of two tracks – “I Want You to Want Me” and “Surrender”, straight from one of their masterpieces – 1978’s Cheap Trick at Budokan

So rejoice, they are from Budokan.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By 234r2we232

LIVE SONGS? GROSS.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#5  Edited By Little_Socrates

@sofacitysweetheart said:

LIVE SONGS? GROSS.

As songs from the Live at Budokan concert, they're potentially more iconic than the originals. I Want You To Want Me is definitely more iconic at Budokan than in the studio.

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Disengage

@Little_Socrates said:

@sofacitysweetheart said:

LIVE SONGS? GROSS.

As songs from the Live at Budokan concert, they're potentially more iconic than the originals. I Want You To Want Me is definitely more iconic at Budokan than in the studio.

This is fact. I don't think I've even heard the studio version of I Want You To Want Me.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By yetiantics

Not a Cheap Trick fan by any means, but this addition seems very solid.

Harmonix has been on a roll lately.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.